Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Shaw out for at least a month. As per.
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

The squad is really threadbare. A 34 year old right winger is our back up for left back. City bought three full backs this summer ffs, a starting RB and a backup for the right side and the left side. No credible back up for Pogba, Martial, or Rashford.

Last summer, the club gave up on spending to win the league. They felt they gave Jose lots of money, and he only came distant second. This summer the club gave up on spending to make top 4. They just think coming top 4 is too uncertain and it's not worth the expense. They'll spend to avoid relegation, that's where we are now.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Yeah they haven't given us enough to get top 4, nowhere near, it's not just about quality now but about actual numbers. We're short in lots of departments.

I hope it's just because they're balancing the books arter Joses half a bil blow out and not the new financial approach
fat maradona
First Teamer

9 months ago

Look on the bright side. Sanchez will stay to take Martial's place whilst he's out injured and Rojo will play LB whilst Shaw is out. They've both saved us over £100m in today's transfer market which has no commercial value.
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Breaking news: we're not offloading the dross. I suppose the articles doesn't really say anything we don't already know, but it sums up the situation well.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

bman2 wrote:
9 months ago
Breaking news: we're not offloading the dross. I suppose the articles doesn't really say anything we don't already know, but it sums up the situation well.
We're so horrendously run... we still have this massive wage bill from the Jose era when Jose assured Ed to spend big on his old fashioned bus, now we're stuck woth expensive dinosaurs we can't shift, coupled with an abundance of players in some areas (14 fucking defenders, only 1 of which is any good) and fuck all in others like midfield and attack where we're criminally short

It's a fucking shambles
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

9 months ago

Even where we have the numbers like defense the drop off after the started is so great that the backup might as well not be here. I don’t think there is anyway to improve some of these players and gettin rid of them is close to impossible.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

9 months ago

we have two good players for me
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

9 months ago

gea ain’t one of em
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Just as well he doesn't seem inclined to sign a new deal then. That's our captain.