Squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

Herrera is vital at the moment, we finally have a manager who takes advantage of his quick thinking and technical skills. He’s a good all rounder.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nited.html

So Young is going nowhere for another year. But the players???? TheY're not good enough..... They're not good enough...... We need 6,7,8,9 of them to leave...... Jose has no chance with Gaals players...... Jose needs his own players.........

Wonder is Smalling being given a break to recover from long term injuries or has he been sidelined..... I think the first option. As i've said over and over we cannot kick out all the players people on here 'blame' that would be nearly every player bar De Gea and replace them all with quality. We'll get 3 or 4 new players next season and probably keep most of who we have. We do not have a big squad.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Aye the Glazers won't be making massive changes in summer, not when we're the form team in europe and beating our rivals with what we have. They got rid of Fellaini because he's pure dogshit and the wrong type of player for United. And while Young is also shite he's more consistent, and at 34 will be alright as a back up for the first choice LB next season.

I hope that's the thinking anyway
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

I think 3/4 ins and outs each of the next summers makes sense.

This summer i'd focus on getting in a centre back, central midfielder and probably a right back. We need a right winger, but i'd give us a year to see what Chong and Greenwood can do, and possibly even cling to the hope of Sanchez offering something.

Move on Jones, Rojo and Valencia. I can't see Lukaku going.

Keep Mata for Young for another year, then the year after they go out and we bring the next wave in.

Key thing for me, is that whoever we bring in needs to be under 24/25 years of age, so we're building something sustainable. Maybe make an exception for the centre back.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

"I've always looked further ahead. I've followed United since I signed for them as a player. Of course I look at the squad, players, who can produce and perform now, next year and in two years?

"Even here you've got players who can perform for five, six, seven, eight, nine years because it's such a young squad, an exciting squad." -Ole

B-)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -for-years
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Young signs a 1 year extension

It's not a disaster tbf. He'll be a good squaddie... so long as he's just a squaddie, because the cunt will be 34 next season which is too old for a wingback in an attacking team
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Tbh now Fellaini has gone it's easier to take Jones and Young signing new deals. The hoofing is over. The useless 'putting it into the mixer' for the last 10 minutes like it's 2004 has gone. The sun's out, it's 10 degrees, spring's coming, we're in a much better place.

And best of all they gave half of Fellaini's wages to Martial :))
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

Young for a year makes sense. Can cover either full back spot and particularly at right back, can allow us to slowly introduce Dalot without having to overexpose him.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

8 months ago

Ole has done a great job and tonight shouldn’t have a huge bearing on what we do. But tonight IS a stark reminder that we’re a way from the best, and that the squad needs serious work to get us back to the top.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Yup!