Manchester United chat
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Smalling looks to be sorted....til he gets the inevitable injury
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Why are all of our players doing a 7 fingered celebration bar our number 7.............
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

So reports from Germany's Bild say we only paid £6.3million for Bastian. That's very good business if true.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 61950.html
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

just1n wrote:So reports from Germany's Bild say we only paid £6.3million for Bastian. That's very good business if true.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 61950.html

If these are the same people saying we are chasing Muller and we get him then I'll believe anything they tell is from now on.
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

They are indeed saying that - but trust me, Bild is the biggest pile of shite that ever graced newsprint.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
tom
First Teamer

5 years ago

swampash wrote:They are indeed saying that - but trust me, Bild is the biggest pile of shite that ever graced newsprint.
Worse than Marca?
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Worse in the sense that it actually pretends to be a proper newspaper.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

So someone calling it the German Sun was spot on the money then?
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Takes some doing, but that's really insulting to the Sun, tbf.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

From what we've seen so far, the players in our squad who look consistently good are Darmian, Blind, Shaw, and Schneiderlin. Smalling too, but he's on the ball less than those guys. Shaw's been dynamite in attack. Carrick, Schweini, and Herrera have looked good but less consistent. None of the attackers have covered themselves in glory, but they've had their moments. As a collective they're obviously not clicking yet. So I think our back four will contribute a lot to our overall game and attack this season, with the probable downside that Blind and Smalling will look dodgy against certain teams. I wonder how Rojo slots in when he's fit again.

In the attack, I don't just think it's a question of Rooney regaining his form. Even if/when he fully gets his mojo back, the attacking set up just doesn't really look right. Mata's skill and effort is evident, but he rarely looks like he's turning the tide of a game.