'toughest start for 20 years'

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

Manchester United manager David Moyes says the defending champions face their "toughest start for 20 years".

United launch the 2013-14 campaign at Swansea on Saturday before hosting Chelsea on 26 August. They then visit Liverpool on 1 September before facing Manchester City away on 22 September after hosting Crystal Palace on 14 September.

"I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had," said Moyes at the official Premier League launch in London on Thursday. "I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year."

but weve got a great squad though
lkhm

hoofing
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

And we do. You don't agree then go support Chelsea or City.
Pikey McScum
Star Man

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:And we do. You don't agree then go support Chelsea or City.
Jesus Cal, every once in a while it's OK to take the "Everything's Rosy" glasses off you know.

How's your third leg these days anyway? Any bitches be walking with limps?
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

I don't get why Moyes would choose to comment on this. Surely he'd have been better talking up the kids, or something other than the fixtures. The fixtures are what they are, just get fucking cracked on
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

I don't think it's a bad thing. If we get stuffed then Moyes will feel under pressure early doors which will focus the clubs attention. I wouldn't expect Moyes to crumble under the strain, the only way is up and all that. If we manage some decent results we will still be well in the mix early on. The confidence garnered from four wins will be priceless.

Cal stop talking bollocks!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
madredmonkey
Legend

6 years ago

He said it was tough for United, but its tough for our opponents,
I like that, he is ready to fight, for us.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

Pikey,
Let me explain a bit. I am totally fed up to my back teeth about everything David Moyes being criticised. Everything. The squad he has currently was bequeathed to him by Sir Alex. Our only weakness is in the area of tough tackling or defensive midfielder.

Now, if Moyes is able to get Nani, Kagawa, Welbeck and Zaha playing near their best then we have a very good team on our hands. We already have van Persie and Chicharito who are very good premier league goal scorers.

You will agree with me that what I have complained about United for many years is that we are so open and easy to play against. If Moyes is able to do this then we are fine. His Everon sides were quite compact, if he can make us compact too we will be fine.

Knobby has spent the past three seasons criticising Sir Alex. He is also now on the same with Moyes even before a ball is kicked. So he can go support some other team.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Yeah and we got fed up of you criticising Scholes and Giggs for the last 8 years
sheesh

6 years ago

Those comments from Moyes are straight from the SAF textbook.
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

A radical notion: maybe its actually out of the Mourinho textbook..an attempt perhaps to create a siege mentality at United?

" Oooo the FA so wants us to fail they stack the opening games against us...lets go and show em better eh lads?"