United's manager next season

Manchester United chat

Who would you have as United manager next season?

David Moyes
7%
Jurgen Klopp
66%
Louis Van Gaal
9%
Roberto Martinez
7%
Ryan Giggs
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:http://www.espnfc.us/blog/tactics-and-a ... hael-caley

Dortmund just unlucky

Nothing wrong with Klopp
Yeah, it doesn't help when you lose a player like Lewendowski either... Dortmund have been raped by Bayern, and I've no doubt that it was deliberate and cynical... talent all over the world, but let's poach the best players from our main rival first...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

We just spent a sack of cash, injuries and baffling lack of form plus systematic paralysis seems to be the issue. We've got cash. We spent cash. LvG just too petrified to go out and win, he'd sooner hedge his bets and bore his way into the CL.If he gets it, he's all good. If he fails... Out he goes.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Be surprised if we sacked LVG, even if he missed top 4. How many times do you want to change the whole philosophy of the club, from the first team to the academy? We presumably hired vg to build something - similar to Barca/Bayern. May as well give him the 2nd year.

Klopp might we'll be available and while it's more like the football we want to watch, it's a massive change, again. Better chance of top 4 next year with van Gaal, probably.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:There's only Mourinho I think would have a chance of getting us something like in the next couple of years. Apart from that, we're going to have to wait considerably longer. I don't see anything for a good number of years. Clearly we have lost our way, and by then Rooney will have gone to America and Big Dave will be in Spain.

Lets be honest, we'd had it too good for a long time. Guess we've got to suck it up. With City and Chelsea's money, we just cant/wont compete.
Nah, I'm not havin that Harry... money isn't our problem... it's senior management... we are still the biggest draw in England, we pay top wages, and offer the biggest crowds to play for... but we're run by fools whose priorities are not football... making money comes before everything else... we had the foundation of a great team... it just needed regular tuning, and maintenance... we didn't invest when moderate spending would have kept us strong, and instead allowed serious rot to set in... by then, the need for major rebuilding was there for all to see, making us a desperate buyer, in a sellers market... we've been fleeced on nearly every deal Woodworm has made... and clubs have not only been able to play hard ball in negotiations, but I think that we're also being portrayed as a club in decline, and not a good choice for ambitious young players...

Replacing Ferguson with Mopes was a disaster, and Van Gaal is clearly struggling to fix the mess... he's obviously a top manager, but if we don't go into the transfer market... aggressively... with intent to show that we're building something special here, then we're sending out the wrong message... as far as I'm concerned, our only serious rival for the worlds best talent should be Real... everyone else can be shown to be a step down... if we're serious about football...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:Be surprised if we sacked LVG, even if he missed top 4. How many times do you want to change the whole philosophy of the club, from the first team to the academy? We presumably hired vg to build something - similar to Barca/Bayern. May as well give him the 2nd year.

Klopp might we'll be available and while it's more like the football we want to watch, it's a massive change, again. Better chance of top 4 next year with van Gaal, probably.
Klopp is only a sound choice if we're going to give him a blank canvas, money, and time... he could be our manager for many years, overseeing the entire academy structure... he's a visionary, so you're not going to get the best from him in just a season or two... given a strong squad, he may still win, but I think his strength is his eye for young talent... he could the man to give United another "class of 92" type of situation...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Having said that, I reckon Guardiola will get bored in Germany after this year... he just isn't going to get any respect in a league that's so uncompetitive...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
marlon wrote:Be surprised if we sacked LVG, even if he missed top 4. How many times do you want to change the whole philosophy of the club, from the first team to the academy? We presumably hired vg to build something - similar to Barca/Bayern. May as well give him the 2nd year.

Klopp is only a sound choice if we're going to give him a blank canvas, money, and time... he could be our manager for many years, overseeing the entire academy structure... he's a visionary, so you're not going to get the best from him in just a season or two... given a strong squad, he may still win, but I think his strength is his eye for young talent... he could the man to give United another "class of 92" type of situation...
I like the thought of the blank canvas Alf. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, but maybe that's the way we should have gone. Rather than spunking silly money trying to paper over cracks that were in reality chasms. Anderson, Shaw, Felliani, Di Maria, Young, Jones, Mata, massive money that we'll never get back. :-s
Yeah, for all his success, Ferguson's got a fuck of a lot to answer for, regarding out current mess...
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Van Gaal's supposed to have an eye for a young player too...

Apparently Bayern tried to talk about an extension with Guardiola, but he wasn't listening. Might be a similar thing to Barca - he just gets so involved, he can't keep it up for more than a few years at one club.

Doubt he'd get bored - got an incredible squad to work with, doesn't have to pander to a Messi and the Bundesliga is probably the most interesting league (tactically) in Europe.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Didn't Vidic say he would've stayed if he'd known Moyes would be sacked? Serves him right for signing half way through the season

Evra might've been burnt out, but that goal against Bayern...
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

If you wanted to watch again