United's manager next season

Manchester United chat

Who would you have as United manager next season?

David Moyes
7%
Jurgen Klopp
66%
Louis Van Gaal
9%
Roberto Martinez
7%
Ryan Giggs
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:van Gaal was no ones first choice. Everyone settled for him when it became we weren't going to chase a Klopp. Except Laz, who wanted Giggs.
Look whose options are still open, eh. It's funny reading all those passionate Klopp posts now, the man's a genius...... but Giggs??? How could Giggs be any good???
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
dozer wrote:
marlon wrote:van Gaal was no ones first choice. Everyone settled for him when it became we weren't going to chase a Klopp. Except Laz, who wanted Giggs.
Klopp would have sacked by now, Moyes had a better season last year than Klopp this year.
Talkin shit again... you don't know that anymore than you know anything else... might be right... but this is a manager who took on the great Bayern Munich and beat them, and only Bayerns money, and cheap, pissy tactics of stealing Dortmunds players brought them down... it's fuckin criminal what's happened there, and a stain on the German league which is even more lop sided now than Spain, or Scotland...

Klopp may well have come here, and been an inspired success, so just give it a rest...
I'm just stating facts. I didn't say that Klopp was a bad manager. But you like Klopp so I suppose I must say Dormund are leading the Bundesliga to make you happy.
Regardless of Dormund's sales, they shouldn't be bottom of the table. Even mid table would have been a below average performance by this squad.

Don't get upset. Rooney is the best striker in the world.
Now you're just being a pissy, little arsehole...

"Klopp would have sacked by now"... that's a fact, is it?

And since you've decided to play these pissy little games... Rooney didn't play, and we couldn't score... we were better after Fellaini got subbed though... feeling like a twat yet???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:You do associate Guardiola with plodding football, fucking hell, are we all forgetting the last 5 or 6 years of outrage toward tika taka???

I mean pundits have made a career on slagging it off, and its main proprieter in Guardiola

What the fuck am I reading here, seriously

Literally "pointless arsing about with possession" or "possession for possesions sake" that Guardiola is accused of, almost cost him his job in the early days of taking over from Bayern, or have we forgot that too?

Bayern became hysterical. The press and fans were split on their hatred of him. It looked like it was going to cost him his job at one point. They hated the Thiago transfer, they started slagging off his appearance, his jumpers, his bald head. That's when you know you're close to being finished. It's wally with the brolly, onionhead etc. Keown is trying it now with "Van Gaal looks like a biology teacher with his clipboard"

Also, the slow plodding short passing style is a deliberate tactic employed by Guardiola's teams to slow the game down, to exert control. They plod through defence and midfield, then quicken the pace in the final third with one touch football, and cut you open, with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi like lightening over 10 yards.
Yeah but you're answering your own question here... it's not the "tika-taka" that's the problem... it's the aim of it... Guardiolas tika-taka shows it's purpose in some of the amazing, intricately worked goals it created... "quicken the pace in the final third with one touch football, and cut you open"... for all the complaining about Guardiola football... it worked... where does Van Gaals tika-taka, "quicken the pace in the final third with one touch football, and cut you open"??? it doesn't... it fucks about with it... there's no probing or clever triangles... just awful back passing that ends up in a cross... that comes so predictably that it's easily dealt with...

I don't follow German football, so I don't know anything about Guardiola getting stick for his style of play... I'm not a big fan of Guardiolas style of football, but I appreciate it's effectiveness... can't even say that about United right now...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:You do associate Guardiola with plodding football, fucking hell, are we all forgetting the last 5 or 6 years of outrage toward tika taka???

I mean pundits have made a career on slagging it off, and its main proprieter in Guardiola

Literally "pointless arsing about with possession" or "possession for possesions sake" that Guardiola is accused of, almost cost him his job in the early days of taking over from Bayern, or have we forgot that too?

Bayern became hysterical. The press and fans were split on their hatred of him. It looked like it was going to cost him his job at one point. They hated the Thiago transfer, they started slagging off his appearance, his jumpers, his bald head. That's when you know you're close to being finished. It's wally with the brolly, onionhead etc. Keown is trying it now with "Van Gaal looks like a biology teacher with his clipboard"

Also, the slow plodding short passing style is a deliberate tactic employed by Guardiola's teams to slow the game down, to exert control. They plod through defence and midfield, then quicken the pace in the final third with one touch football, and cut you open, with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi like lightening over 10 yards.
Yeah but you're answering your own question here... it's not the "tika-taka" that's the problem... it's the aim of it... Guardiolas tika-taka shows it's purpose in some of the amazing, intricately worked goals it created... "quicken the pace in the final third with one touch football, and cut you open"... for all the complaining about Guardiola football... it worked... where does Van Gaals tika-taka, "quicken the pace in the final third with one touch football, and cut you open"??? it doesn't... it fucks about with it... there's no probing or clever triangles... just awful back passing that ends up in a cross... that comes so predictably that it's easily dealt with...

I don't follow German football, so I don't know anything about Guardiola getting stick for his style of play... I'm not a big fan of Guardiolas style of football, but I appreciate it's effectiveness... can't even say that about United right now...
No Sid's right there -- Guardiola is a direct descendent of Van Gaal in a tactical ("philosophy") sense, though he's taken it even further. Obviously Barca and Bayern are doing a lot better than we are. Maybe that's because we're still a work in progress, maybe we don't have the right players, or maybe Guardiola's just better than LVG. It helps to have Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta all in their prime of course. Barca got rid of Yaya Toure because they thought he was too much of a lump for their system - I think they had him playing CB a few times in his last season.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Look whose options are still open, eh. It's funny reading all those passionate Klopp posts now, the man's a genius...... but Giggs??? How could Giggs be any good???
I'd still take Klopp. Fast, attacking football. Pretty much what everyone wants.
Davey-boy
Legend

4 years ago

I'd love Klopp, we should have jumped through hoops to get him. He needs a new challenge too.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

No Sid's right there -- Guardiola is a direct descendent of Van Gaal in a tactical ("philosophy") sense, though he's taken it even further. .
Who said otherwise???
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

No Sid's right there -- Guardiola is a direct descendent of Van Gaal in a tactical ("philosophy") sense, though he's taken it even further. .
Who said otherwise???
I'm just saying, Van Gaal wants the same thing, but for whatever reason it's not happening. Maybe we need more players that can beat their man, because when you're facing well-organized defenders, passing by itself is rarely enough. But if you beat your man on the dribble, it forces another defender to come out of position to face you, leaving a gap. But the bigger problem might be psychological, Van Gaal seems to have instilled too much fear of losing the ball in our players, but to be fair that might be a natural overcorrection. We've been pretty shit at holding onto the ball for a long time, so LVG had his work cut out wanting to turn United into a possession-dominating side all of a sudden.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

We're just going round in circles here... you lot keep going on about possession football, as if that's the problem... 83% last night, 2/3 chances on goal...

Van Persie, Falcao, Di Maria... and you lot reckon these players need to relearn football... I don't get it obviously...
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/tactics-and-a ... hael-caley

Dortmund just unlucky

Nothing wrong with Klopp