United's manager next season

Manchester United chat

Who would you have as United manager next season?

David Moyes
7%
Jurgen Klopp
66%
Louis Van Gaal
9%
Roberto Martinez
7%
Ryan Giggs
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44
Minus The Bear
Star Man

6 years ago

6% spike in the shareprice this evening. Probably just Scott Dann scoring the second against Everton that did it...
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

10% now. Maybe we signed our new kit deal
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:LOL... you call me thick... and then go on to shoot yourself right in the head!

First of all, I've not been saying the club is for sale for years. But according to Duncan Drasdo, who actually knows a fuck of a lot more about this than you and I put together, it is "generally understood" that the Glazers would sell, for the right price... maybe bollocks... not really the issue. What IS the issue, is that the Glazers have publicly admitted that they're not too concerned about not being in the CL for a couple years, and that from the day Ferguson announced his retirement, with Mopes following on, it was understood that United "MIGHT" struggle, but would persevere, because Mopes was "the man"...

But even that wasn't my point... Let me break it down for YOU... the Glazers came to United with £300mill... they bought the club... they've already recouped their initial £300mill... the club is now worth as much as £2billion, and like YOU say, still appreciating... meanwhile THE CLUB is paying all the bills, plus dividends, plus generous salaries for all the Glazers brood... so, go on smart ass, you tell me how the Glazers have "lost" money!
Hard to type having been shot in the head. Perhaps a formula:

What United could have earned in year x(UCL revenue+ other revenue lost)
- What United made in year x
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=money lost due to Moyes

I don't see the club and the Glazers as 2 separate pots of money. You say the Glazers get salaries from there, well the less money Moyes leaves them, the less there is. Yes, they say they have a plan to make it without UCL revenue. What are they supposed to say? They don't? Obviously they would prefer it. Why even buy Mata then?

Wow, blow me away with more inside info. The Glazers will sell for the right price. ANY businessman will sell ANYTHING for the right price.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

I agree with some of your points, Alf, but I can't believe the Glazers don't care about being in the CL. If it happened two seasons in a row, the shit would really hit the fan -- the club would be dropping down a tier in terms of the sponsors it could keep and attract. That said, if they really aren't that bothered, they probably know something, i.e. that a superclub European league is about to be created or something along those lines.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes was replaced suddenly and unexpectedly (I mean, as unexpected as the replacement of an underperforming manager can be) even with club representatives saying reassuring things and leaking reassuring stories to the papers. Say what you will about the Glazers, they're pretty good a running a tight ship in terms of gossip and rumour.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:I agree with some of your points, Alf, but I can't believe the Glazers don't care about being in the CL. If it happened two seasons in a row, the shit would really hit the fan -- the club would be dropping down a tier in terms of the sponsors it could keep and attract. That said, if they really aren't that bothered, they probably know something, i.e. that a superclub European league is about to be created or something along those lines.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes was replaced suddenly and unexpectedly (I mean, as unexpected as the replacement of an underperforming manager can be) even with club representatives saying reassuring things and leaking reassuring stories to the papers. Say what you will about the Glazers, they're pretty good a running a tight ship in terms of gossip and rumour.
Who said they don't care? obviously being out of it, means less revenue, but it's not as bad as some here seem to think... and they have themselves said so... and then gone on to make contingency plans...

What I'm saying is, the Champs league is not a priority... the clubs value is the only thing the Glazers really care about...

Look... the ridiculous argument some here would like to make, is that Mopes job is on the line because "he's lost the Glazers money" missing out on 4th...

Assuming that losing out on Champs league money is giving Malcolm sleepless nights, you can be damn sure that the Glazers will take it into account when they decide how much to give Mopes in the summer... the Glazers won't lose out... United will.

This turnip above just likes to make arguments for the fuck of it... I say it's understood that the club is for sale for the right price... he says, he doesn't believe that... I say it's understood that the club is for sale at the right price... and he says, well duh...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Count Jackson
First Teamer

6 years ago

Klopp for me. Exciting football that beats the best teams. He's a winner and has great passion that shows in his players. It'll never happen :((
Do you want Fries with that?
Red legend
Star Man

6 years ago

Count Jackson wrote:Klopp for me. Exciting football that beats the best teams. He's a winner and has great passion that shows in his players. It'll never happen :((

So true. If not Moyes could not make europa, what a joy to be rid of the cunt.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:I agree with some of your points, Alf, but I can't believe the Glazers don't care about being in the CL. If it happened two seasons in a row, the shit would really hit the fan -- the club would be dropping down a tier in terms of the sponsors it could keep and attract. That said, if they really aren't that bothered, they probably know something, i.e. that a superclub European league is about to be created or something along those lines.

Who said they don't care? obviously being out of it, means less revenue, but it's not as bad as some here seem to think... and they have themselves said so... and then gone on to make contingency plans...

What I'm saying is, the Champs league is not a priority... the clubs value is the only thing the Glazers really care about...

Look... the ridiculous argument some here would like to make, is that Mopes job is on the line because "he's lost the Glazers money" missing out on 4th...

Assuming that losing out on Champs league money is giving Malcolm sleepless nights, you can be damn sure that the Glazers will take it into account when they decide how much to give Mopes in the summer... the Glazers won't lose out... United will.

This turnip above just likes to make arguments for the fuck of it... I say it's understood that the club is for sale for the right price... he says, he doesn't believe that... I say it's understood that the club is for sale at the right price... and he says, well duh...

Nope. I said there was no proof for your assertion that the club was for sale for 2 billion. Then I said saying the club was for sale for "the right price" was a no brainier because if the glazers think "the right price" is the combined wealth of the G-7, then they would take that.

As for not caring about the UCL, the Glazers seem to care a lot about the Europe League....

http://thebusbybabe.sbnation.com/2014/4 ... opa-league
Count Jackson
First Teamer

6 years ago

Dude, who the fuck voted for Moyes? 8-}
Do you want Fries with that?
Red legend
Star Man

6 years ago

Count Jackson wrote:Dude, who the fuck voted for Moyes? 8-}

I fucking did by mistake. In my haste, I misread the thread , though it was ' who will be the manager'. Not in a mlion years would invite to keep the choker. Sadly, he will still be in charge.