United's manager next season

Manchester United chat

Who would you have as United manager next season?

David Moyes
7%
Jurgen Klopp
66%
Louis Van Gaal
9%
Roberto Martinez
7%
Ryan Giggs
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

The day when Moyes is finally relieved of his duties will be one of celebration.

The fact that some people at United believe he is the answer is beyond me.

He is running a proud club into the ground with his incompetence. Him and the Glazers are made for each other.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Ed put a good list together: http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/moye ... andidates/

Front runners - van Gaal, Klopp, Simeone
Dark Horses - Giggs, Conte, Ancelotti
Long Shots - de Boer, Pochettino

van Gaal, Giggs and Poch would all be 'free' which probably make van Gaal the Glazer favourite, even if Klopp should be the clear favourite. There were rumours Fergie made a late bid to get Ancelotti after he'd agreed a deal with Madrid last year, so if he becomes available he'd probably be considered alongside van Gaal. van Gaal would probably mean van Persie stays and a 433 would push Rooney out wide or into midfield. Maybe the third transfer request will work.

I'd go Klopp, de Boer then van Gaal.
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

I'd love the Klopper, my head tells me we'll be having our clog hopper for a good while yet until he forks us deep, hard, and thoroughly
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Spudiator wrote:Speaking of due dilligance, it makes me wonder if the Glazers have considered at any point axing Fergie from the board for not going through the usual motions before offering Moyes the job. They know fuck all about football and who's who within the game, so they were pretty much forced to put all their faith in whoever Fergie hand-picked for the job, and given the monumental cock-up he's proven so far, I dare say they could have a point. Only hindrance to that, I'd imagine, is that they're bound to be acutely aware of just how clueless they are about football, so without Fergie around to guide them, they really would have no idea where to go next.
The Glazers don't give a fuck!

It was common knowledge that United and the Glazers had accepted we'd not finish top 4, 2 months ago... and I doubt they were too disappointed in us losing to Bayern... we here have been pissing and moaning about how bad it is... meantime, the Glazers have been busy selling United to any company with a few bob to spare.

The other fairly well reported theme, is that United is more or less for sale, any time, as long as someone comes up with the £2bill+ that the Glazers reckon United is worth... and their valuation of the club is based on commercial appeal, not football...

It seems to me, that spending stupid money on the club, players, new manager, etc, makes no sense for owners who are looking to get out with as much profit as possible... we go through the same press nonsense every year, being linked with £millions of talent, listening to every so called expert telling us how we're a broken team, and this year, the Glazers really will fix it...

This year will be no different... just because we're not top 4, won't change anything... the bottom line is the value of the club, and the commercial revenue it generates... why would the Glazers, who are known to be willing to sell for the right price, want to throw £200mill away, that they won't get back... £200mill worth of players won't make United worth £200mill more, and, they'd still have to sell the club to get it back anyway...

The Glazers don't need to invest... the finances are fine... results on the pitch haven't affected ticket sales, so why throw £millions at a problem that doesn't exist?

Until the fans wake up and stop contributing to this scam, the Glazers will keep running it...

Whoa! Thought this was a new manager thread. Alf you're wrong again sadly you don't think like a capitalist. Moyes has lost the Glazers money this year. Stock valuation, UCL revenue and if the Real Madrid chairman talk from a few months ago is true, a lot of United's commercial contracts are conditioned on us being in the competition and having world wide exposure more nights a year. Moyes has effed that up and he will go if the price is right--again, they are capitalists. 30 mil in base UCL revenue versus whatever it takes to pay Moyes off is an easy calculation, especially if Moyes has UCL qualification language in his contract. Maybe we can't fire him until we are mathematically eliminated. Who knows? The regime is a black box as we all know. One thing I do know is businessmen hate losses and they only think about how much more they can make.

With that in mind, Klopp is the dream choice but a little risky. He is confident but still untested here. He would be a bold choice like Mou for Chelski was originally. I would bet on Van Gall right now. Safe pair of hands, gives the board a chance to properly groom a successor, keeps some disgruntled players on side, and puts a real football man in charge of the transfer kitty. Also gives Woodword a scapegoat for the gash season.....
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

Lots of chatter that both Wenger and Martino will be leaving their posts so I would think Klopp would be a candidate for both. PSG apparently may make a change too so there's at least 3 top clubs who could snatch away the top managers we should be getting but sadly won't be. Perhaps we can improve next season by getting 6th place.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:Ed put a good list together: http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/moye ... andidates/

Front runners - van Gaal, Klopp, Simeone
Dark Horses - Giggs, Conte, Ancelotti
Long Shots - de Boer, Pochettino

van Gaal, Giggs and Poch would all be 'free' which probably make van Gaal the Glazer favourite, even if Klopp should be the clear favourite. There were rumours Fergie made a late bid to get Ancelotti after he'd agreed a deal with Madrid last year, so if he becomes available he'd probably be considered alongside van Gaal. van Gaal would probably mean van Persie stays and a 433 would push Rooney out wide or into midfield. Maybe the third transfer request will work.

I'd go Klopp, de Boer then van Gaal.
absolutely horrendous picture of moyles there

good work ed tbf

none of those names will ever manage us tho
lkhm

hoofing
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

No new manager until post-winter transfer window. mongo moyes will do enough to see us through to next year.

i like klopp. we need a new approach, ideal, generation, someone who doesn't sit there in a matalan jacket. sharp, asture, bright and exciting, not someone who thinks about his steak and kidley pukka pie.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Spudiator wrote:Speaking of due dilligance, it makes me wonder if the Glazers have considered at any point axing Fergie from the board for not going through the usual motions before offering Moyes the job. They know fuck all about football and who's who within the game, so they were pretty much forced to put all their faith in whoever Fergie hand-picked for the job, and given the monumental cock-up he's proven so far, I dare say they could have a point. Only hindrance to that, I'd imagine, is that they're bound to be acutely aware of just how clueless they are about football, so without Fergie around to guide them, they really would have no idea where to go next.

It was common knowledge that United and the Glazers had accepted we'd not finish top 4, 2 months ago... and I doubt they were too disappointed in us losing to Bayern... we here have been pissing and moaning about how bad it is... meantime, the Glazers have been busy selling United to any company with a few bob to spare.

The other fairly well reported theme, is that United is more or less for sale, any time, as long as someone comes up with the £2bill+ that the Glazers reckon United is worth... and their valuation of the club is based on commercial appeal, not football...

It seems to me, that spending stupid money on the club, players, new manager, etc, makes no sense for owners who are looking to get out with as much profit as possible... we go through the same press nonsense every year, being linked with £millions of talent, listening to every so called expert telling us how we're a broken team, and this year, the Glazers really will fix it...

This year will be no different... just because we're not top 4, won't change anything... the bottom line is the value of the club, and the commercial revenue it generates... why would the Glazers, who are known to be willing to sell for the right price, want to throw £200mill away, that they won't get back... £200mill worth of players won't make United worth £200mill more, and, they'd still have to sell the club to get it back anyway...

The Glazers don't need to invest... the finances are fine... results on the pitch haven't affected ticket sales, so why throw £millions at a problem that doesn't exist?

Until the fans wake up and stop contributing to this scam, the Glazers will keep running it...

Whoa! Thought this was a new manager thread. Alf you're wrong again sadly you don't think like a capitalist. Moyes has lost the Glazers money this year. Stock valuation, UCL revenue and if the Real Madrid chairman talk from a few months ago is true, a lot of United's commercial contracts are conditioned on us being in the competition and having world wide exposure more nights a year. Moyes has effed that up and he will go if the price is right--again, they are capitalists. 30 mil in base UCL revenue versus whatever it takes to pay Moyes off is an easy calculation, especially if Moyes has UCL qualification language in his contract. Maybe we can't fire him until we are mathematically eliminated. Who knows? The regime is a black box as we all know. One thing I do know is businessmen hate losses and they only think about how much more they can make.

With that in mind, Klopp is the dream choice but a little risky. He is confident but still untested here. He would be a bold choice like Mou for Chelski was originally. I would bet on Van Gall right now. Safe pair of hands, gives the board a chance to properly groom a successor, keeps some disgruntled players on side, and puts a real football man in charge of the transfer kitty. Also gives Woodword a scapegoat for the gash season.....
I see... I'm wrong am I?

Because, " if the Real Madrid chairman talk from a few months ago is true"... "IF"?

So then, what Woodworm actually "DID SAY", that United could financially tolerate being out of the Champs league for a couple years, is bollocks? Yes?

Or that, United had made contingency plans, to offset the loss of Champs league revenues, by playing a series of lucrative friendlies, also bollocks, Yes?

But the most obvious sign that the Glazers don't really give a shit, is how they allowed Ferguson to pick Mopes on a whim in the first place... that is not the action of concerned corporate heads... that is the action of shysters, whose focus is on other issues... the football is irrelevant, the finances are all that matter... the club is for sale, and the value is the issue... the Glazers won't be spending £200million on a rebuild job, in fact I bet we don't even spend £100mill... we will get the standard token signing, £30/40mill, and in this time of crisis, maybe a generous bonus from our benevolent owners, of another couple players... total spend... £60/70mill... and more spin, about how it takes time, and you can't rebuild a whole team in one window, and on, and on...

And this???... "Moyes has lost the Glazers money this year"... is that right? The Glazers haven't lost a penny since they bought the club... it's club revenues v operating costs and that's it... in fact at a £2billion valuation, the Glazers are sitting on nearly 800% return on their investment, while the club carries any and all losses without them spending fuck all... even at the more realistic valuation of £1.2-1.5billion, the Glazers are so far ahead on their initial investment, it's sickening, so stop talking shit...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Twisted Blood wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

I see... I'm wrong am I?

Because, " if the Real Madrid chairman talk from a few months ago is true"... "IF"?

So then, what Woodworm actually "DID SAY", that United could financially tolerate being out of the Champs league for a couple years, is bollocks? Yes?

Or that, United had made contingency plans, to offset the loss of Champs league revenues, by playing a series of lucrative friendlies, also bollocks, Yes?

But the most obvious sign that the Glazers don't really give a shit, is how they allowed Ferguson to pick Mopes on a whim in the first place... that is not the action of concerned corporate heads... that is the action of shysters, whose focus is on other issues... the football is irrelevant, the finances are all that matter... the club is for sale, and the value is the issue... the Glazers won't be spending £200million on a rebuild job, in fact I bet we don't even spend £100mill... we will get the standard token signing, £30/40mill, and in this time of crisis, maybe a generous bonus from our benevolent owners, of another couple players... total spend... £60/70mill... and more spin, about how it takes time, and you can't rebuild a whole team in one window, and on, and on...

And this???... "Moyes has lost the Glazers money this year"... is that right? The Glazers haven't lost a penny since they bought the club... it's club revenues v operating costs and that's it... in fact at a £2billion valuation, the Glazers are sitting on nearly 800% return on their investment, while the club carries any and all losses without them spending fuck all... even at the more realistic valuation of £1.2-1.5billion, the Glazers are so far ahead on their initial investment, it's sickening, so stop talking shit...

Love the passion, but still a bit thick. You've been saying the club is for sale for years. There's no evidence that it is. You probably wet your pants for the Red Knights too. It's wishful thinking mate. Let me break it down for you. Yes the club is appreciating but that doesn't mean you don't have to pay the bills every month. And to pay the bills you need revenue. Moyes has affected those streams. Yes, Woodward said we can weather it and we can. I never said we couldn't but it doesn't help matters. When your CEO effs up a new product line or fails to innovate, he doesn't have to sink the company to get fired, just generate losses. Get it?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

LOL... you call me thick... and then go on to shoot yourself right in the head!

First of all, I've not been saying the club is for sale for years. But according to Duncan Drasdo, who actually knows a fuck of a lot more about this than you and I put together, it is "generally understood" that the Glazers would sell, for the right price... maybe bollocks... not really the issue. What IS the issue, is that the Glazers have publicly admitted that they're not too concerned about not being in the CL for a couple years, and that from the day Ferguson announced his retirement, with Mopes following on, it was understood that United "MIGHT" struggle, but would persevere, because Mopes was "the man"...

But even that wasn't my point... Let me break it down for YOU... the Glazers came to United with £300mill... they bought the club... they've already recouped their initial £300mill... the club is now worth as much as £2billion, and like YOU say, still appreciating... meanwhile THE CLUB is paying all the bills, plus dividends, plus generous salaries for all the Glazers brood... so, go on smart ass, you tell me how the Glazers have "lost" money!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."