United's manager next season

Manchester United chat

Who would you have as United manager next season?

David Moyes
7%
Jurgen Klopp
66%
Louis Van Gaal
9%
Roberto Martinez
7%
Ryan Giggs
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

If he does get a second season it will be a case of United completing due diligence. The writing is on the wall though, and any in depth analysis points to him not being up to it.

Perhaps we could see a scenario where we could make 4th place and get to a cup final with Moyes in charge. After that it will be almost impossible to penetrate the top 3 without a manager of Klopp's quality.

Under Moyes the best we can hope to be is the next Arsenal without the nice football. Not good enough in my book.
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

Speaking of due dilligance, it makes me wonder if the Glazers have considered at any point axing Fergie from the board for not going through the usual motions before offering Moyes the job. They know fuck all about football and who's who within the game, so they were pretty much forced to put all their faith in whoever Fergie hand-picked for the job, and given the monumental cock-up he's proven so far, I dare say they could have a point. Only hindrance to that, I'd imagine, is that they're bound to be acutely aware of just how clueless they are about football, so without Fergie around to guide them, they really would have no idea where to go next.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:There have been lots of reports that Martino will fuck off from Barca in the summer, and now Barca are being linked with Klopp as a replacement

So there goes any hope of us getting him
They want Reus as well...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Spudiator wrote:Speaking of due dilligance, it makes me wonder if the Glazers have considered at any point axing Fergie from the board for not going through the usual motions before offering Moyes the job. They know fuck all about football and who's who within the game, so they were pretty much forced to put all their faith in whoever Fergie hand-picked for the job, and given the monumental cock-up he's proven so far, I dare say they could have a point. Only hindrance to that, I'd imagine, is that they're bound to be acutely aware of just how clueless they are about football, so without Fergie around to guide them, they really would have no idea where to go next.
The Glazers don't give a fuck!

It was common knowledge that United and the Glazers had accepted we'd not finish top 4, 2 months ago... and I doubt they were too disappointed in us losing to Bayern... we here have been pissing and moaning about how bad it is... meantime, the Glazers have been busy selling United to any company with a few bob to spare.

The other fairly well reported theme, is that United is more or less for sale, any time, as long as someone comes up with the £2bill+ that the Glazers reckon United is worth... and their valuation of the club is based on commercial appeal, not football...

It seems to me, that spending stupid money on the club, players, new manager, etc, makes no sense for owners who are looking to get out with as much profit as possible... we go through the same press nonsense every year, being linked with £millions of talent, listening to every so called expert telling us how we're a broken team, and this year, the Glazers really will fix it...

This year will be no different... just because we're not top 4, won't change anything... the bottom line is the value of the club, and the commercial revenue it generates... why would the Glazers, who are known to be willing to sell for the right price, want to throw £200mill away, that they won't get back... £200mill worth of players won't make United worth £200mill more, and, they'd still have to sell the club to get it back anyway...

The Glazers don't need to invest... the finances are fine... results on the pitch haven't affected ticket sales, so why throw £millions at a problem that doesn't exist?

Until the fans wake up and stop contributing to this scam, the Glazers will keep running it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

6 years ago

If Moyes had spent a ton of Money last summer he wud be sacked this summer for sure....
t's a real decision to make for the owners now....do they stick with him and give him funds (that they didn't even give to Fergie) or get someone new in and give them the money...

I think it's clear they will stick by Moyes for at least another year and probably give him a token amount around £50M...

We are well and truely never getting back to the top for many a year, I'd guess maybe at least 10 after Moyes/glazers take us to a new low.

Moyes won't be upset this year, he's done what he wanted...coz he will think he can only do better next year...and the year after....but never competing for the title.
Lower fans expectations and then progress very slowly to a mediocre top 4 team will be his plan
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

The thought of starting next summer with him still here is genuinely fucking soul destroying

I'll be devastated
Red legend
Star Man

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Spudiator wrote:Speaking of due dilligance, it makes me wonder if the Glazers have considered at any point axing Fergie from the board for not going through the usual motions before offering Moyes the job. They know fuck all about football and who's who within the game, so they were pretty much forced to put all their faith in whoever Fergie hand-picked for the job, and given the monumental cock-up he's proven so far, I dare say they could have a point. Only hindrance to that, I'd imagine, is that they're bound to be acutely aware of just how clueless they are about football, so without Fergie around to guide them, they really would have no idea where to go next.
The Glazers don't give a fuck!

It was common knowledge that United and the Glazers had accepted we'd not finish top 4, 2 months ago... and I doubt they were too disappointed in us losing to Bayern... we here have been pissing and moaning about how bad it is... meantime, the Glazers have been busy selling United to any company with a few bob to spare.

The other fairly well reported theme, is that United is more or less for sale, any time, as long as someone comes up with the £2bill+ that the Glazers reckon United is worth... and their valuation of the club is based on commercial appeal, not football...

It seems to me, that spending stupid money on the club, players, new manager, etc, makes no sense for owners who are looking to get out with as much profit as possible... we go through the same press nonsense every year, being linked with £millions of talent, listening to every so called expert telling us how we're a broken team, and this year, the Glazers really will fix it...

This year will be no different... just because we're not top 4, won't change anything... the bottom line is the value of the club, and the commercial revenue it generates... why would the Glazers, who are known to be willing to sell for the right price, want to throw £200mill away, that they won't get back... £200mill worth of players won't make United worth £200mill more, and, they'd still have to sell the club to get it back anyway...

The Glazers don't need to invest... the finances are fine... results on the pitch haven't affected ticket sales, so why throw £millions at a problem that doesn't exist?

Until the fans wake up and stop contributing to this scam, the Glazers will keep running it...
Alf. You don't know how right you are.
Bill2
First Teamer

6 years ago

All the owners are businessmen, but John W Henry seems to have grasped how important Liverpool FC is to the local population.

In America sports the teams are franchises that can be moved at any time. The rivalry between United and Liverpool goes back over a century and is about the two cities as much as the two clubs.

The Glazers have no concept of this at all. That is another reason Moyes will be given another season.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

henry knows fuck all about football, rogers probably gave him a fucking good speech full of crap shiny graphs and football jargon he didnt understand and he fell for it, luckily enough for him as its turned out tbf
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh

6 years ago

Results haven't affected ticket sales yet. Yet being the operative world. This is the first season we've really gone downhill in terms of football results.

Sponsors won't want to be associated with a loser, or won't pay as much at least.

There will be an effect. Why do you think the owners have let Moyes spend almost £70m? They must be concerned.