United's manager next season

Manchester United chat

Who would you have as United manager next season?

David Moyes
7%
Jurgen Klopp
66%
Louis Van Gaal
9%
Roberto Martinez
7%
Ryan Giggs
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:Or if not Beckham, maybe someone like Cantona...
Not necessarily a bad shout, but aren't both of your choices heavily involved in preparing franchises for MLS?
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Imagine (or sing loudly) the Jaws music whilst reading this…….

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2014/04/23/ ... ob-vacant/?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

DOF not going to happen is it. Woodward is power hungry and paranoid. Can't see him wanting someone who'll remove so much of his influence.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ew-manager

um this is a little scary...

"The Irish Examiner has reported that Van Gaal would like Roy Keane, the former United captain and current Republic of Ireland No2, as his assistant if he takes the job."
kramer
Youth Teamer

5 years ago

for manager, the dream pick is obviously klopp, but he's committed to his contract, so its best to respect his wishes.
would love to have van gaal or ancelotti for 3-4 years till klopp or simeone or some other forward thinking manager becomes available.
OmarMC
Trainee

5 years ago

Vaan Gaal is going to be busy with the would cup. If he is appointed he wouldn't have much time for transfers & getting to know the squad. I would like him as a manager, but that is a concern for me.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

OmarMC wrote:Vaan Gaal is going to be busy with the would cup. If he is appointed he wouldn't have much time for transfers & getting to know the squad. I would like him as a manager, but that is a concern for me.
It's ok I'm sure Ed Woodward will bring in the right players just like he did last sum...oh shit we're screwed
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:I think Marcotti is spot on there. Especially now the club needs a DoF. The Guardian is saying we're getting Shaw for 30M and 100k a week -- that's huge money for teenager FFS, especially the wages. He might be worth it, but who's making the call? Woodward?
Didn't go so well for Spurs or for Pool a few years back did it?
OmarMC
Trainee

5 years ago

lars072 wrote:
bman2 wrote:I think Marcotti is spot on there. Especially now the club needs a DoF. The Guardian is saying we're getting Shaw for 30M and 100k a week -- that's huge money for teenager FFS, especially the wages. He might be worth it, but who's making the call? Woodward?
The problem is, if we don't offer those wages, there are three other PL teams that will.
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

http://www.football365.com/faves/927981 ... Get-United

Pretty good summary of our situation, especially this:
He simply didn't act like he was Manchester United manager. Of course, outward displays of bravado shouldn't mean a great deal, but they do. Call it bullshit and bluster, call it a confidence trick, call it PR - how a manager of a massive club presents himself matters, because if you don't think you belong, then who the hell else is going to?