MOYLES OUT

Manchester United chat
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/27/sport ... html?&_r=0

Good article basically crushing United. In the NY Times too. Can't be good for those investors playing money on the NYSE.

Pressure has to be mounting to fever pitch on Moyes now
Red legend
Star Man

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:No, I don't see how anyone could do a worse job... but it's a rum do, when we're turning to Giggs as an interim option, just to get us through the season... who the fuck in their right mind would want this job come summer?
He's the ideal player manager, I can see the owners rubbing their hands now.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/27/sport ... html?&_r=0

Good article basically crushing United. In the NY Times too. Can't be good for those investors playing money on the NYSE.

Pressure has to be mounting to fever pitch on Moyes now
Aye, rightly points out how pathetic the Prem is, in a league were money is no option, you have the richest men in the world, the biggest most profitable club in the world... and we're hopelessly short
Digga
Youth Teamer

6 years ago

chocolateballs wrote:It's also obvious (to me anyway) that Moyes needs his own players to boss and coach around
This misses the point to my mind. Its not just down to the players at his disposal (and them not being 'his players'), because for the most part they are good players, its just his complete inability to pick the best team, to use them properly, and get the best out of them - a necessity for any supposed top manager imo.

This is squarely down to his tactics - rigid 4-4-2, get the ball out to the wings, get a cross into the box. I hasn't worked at all, but there is seemingly no deviation from plan A. Its these tactics that requires the likes of Valencia and young in the starting line up and it is just fucking rage inducing to see him doing it again and again, expecting a different outcome. His complete inability on the tactical side is just staggering.

He has had enough time to at least show he is up to the job and deserves time, but he has shown the exact opposite in everything he has done! I for one do not want this cunt to be the one to re-build our team.
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

Exactly, Digga

He's not shown vision, or ability to change things up. It's the same old, same old, served up with a side of tepid nonsense.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Guardiola didn't need his players ffs, Tito at Barca

Moyes has 2 anyway, Mata and Fellaini - that's 60 odd mil

But you can't just walk into a massive club and ship out players - world class players - because they're not 'yours'. Why would you want to when they're so hard to sign in the first place. And how much is it going to cost you, 4/500 mil? The financially doped clubs can do that, but it's not the rule. Most clubs do it a sensible way.

Moyes needs players to respect him, his way, his methods, his approach - but obviously they won't because he's the Everton manager. Everton level players like Fellaini will respect him, but Van Persie? Mata? I bet Rooney's got more control than ever at the club because he's bigger than Moyes. If it's true he's getting access to tactics, captaincy, future transfer targets... that shit wouldn't happen if we had a top manager.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:He's had a proper window, and a january one

Giving millions to a manager who is proven to be incapable of the very basics of managing a top club is madness
Absolutely...

The talk if you believe it, is that Mopes will be given a massive fund to completely rebuild this team... with a few players finished, Rio, Evra, Vidic, and others not good enough, Young, Cleverly, Valencia... we're talking about 4/5/6 players, and a lot of money in transfers, and wages being spent on Mopes plans...

If you let him spend this money then you've got no choice but to stick with him to see it through.... you don't let him spend £100 odd million, and then sack him in 2/3 months if it's still not working... that many new player will need a bit of time to settle into the team, and gel...

If you let Mopes start the new season, then you've got to give him a full season to manage what he buys...

We either sack him this year, and give the new man the money to rebuild the team his way... or we commit to Mopes for another year...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:
chocolateballs wrote:Naw he's not goin anywhere.

We all know a manager like Martinez was an ideal choice for us just like we all know why he wasn't even considered for the the job in the first place but that's gone.

Moyes can't do anything with at least 60% of these players that's obvious, but 60% of this squad are just gash anyway which proves what a diabolical Leauge this was last year that we were even in contention.City ,Chelsea, Arsenal for eg did a fair bit of business this summer to counter that.We've done virtually nothing for years.

It's also obvious (to me anyway) that Moyes needs his own players to boss and coach around. A Hell of alot of these players already know that there leaving this summer so there's not much incentive to go out ,close down , track back, mark etc etc. Yea, I guess you could argue that that's 50% his fault as another manger might have gotten them to knuckle down anyway.

I don't care if there's no CL nest season now if the plus side means we can finally rip out our entire, stale retarded midfield and start again this summer. I'll judge him on what he does this summer and give him that chance. Am pretty sure we're not going to do a Fergie and just sign a left back and a goal keeper that's for sure.

What point in getting rid of him now anyway? It's not as if we have anything to play or even qualify for till the end of the season.

Lawerenson was asked last night should we have signed Mourinho. His reply was that Mourinho's the type of manager who comes in, spends all your money and fucks off after 3 years ...... I kinda agree with him even if I don't normally agree with the twat.

I"m personally interested what Moyes is gonna do this summer and usually I can't stand transfer talk but not this time. I want to see a whole new united, not some manager who's gonna come at this stage and decide that he'll just get the current squad playing a little better than they are now and stick with them for another god dam season.Fuck that.
Yep, let him have his first proper window and pre-season with the team.

That's just a lot of bollocks. How can you get behind a manager who has shown us nothing at all since the summer transfer window, when he signed Fellani who he left out last night even though he's his man and cost £27 mill. He can't manage 100% of the team never mind 60%.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:.... you don't let him spend £100 odd million, and then sack him in 2/3 months if it's still not working...
You do if your name's Daniel Levy! :D
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:He's had a proper window, and a january one

Giving millions to a manager who is proven to be incapable of the very basics of managing a top club is madness
Absolutely...

The talk if you believe it, is that Mopes will be given a massive fund to completely rebuild this team... with a few players finished, Rio, Evra, Vidic, and others not good enough, Young, Cleverly, Valencia... we're talking about 4/5/6 players, and a lot of money in transfers, and wages being spent on Mopes plans...

If you let him spend this money then you've got no choice but to stick with him to see it through.... you don't let him spend £100 odd million, and then sack him in 2/3 months if it's still not working... that many new player will need a bit of time to settle into the team, and gel...

If you let Mopes start the new season, then you've got to give him a full season to manage what he buys...

We either sack him this year, and give the new man the money to rebuild the team his way... or we commit to Mopes for another year...
Yeah I see that. But we shouldn't give him money

He already has 3 world class players and he's reduced them to nothing. Alright he needs a midfield, but there's no excuse for the idealess drab parody of United/British football that we've seen up front, with 3 world class forwards at his disposal. It doesn't get better than Rooney, Van Persie and Mat. If he can't make that work there's no hope for other areas like midfield, or for the team in general.

If you let him build his expensive side you risk running the club into the ground financially, with big expensive signings, as well as shite football that doesn't get results
Last edited by Sid on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.