Keane talking more and more sense these days.......

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Aye. The players sabotaged that game last night. Watch it back, it's horrific, it's so bad it has to be intentional.

The general consensus from the experts after such a terrible first half performance was that Moyes will have battered em at half time - and he definitely will have

But what was the response in the second half after the bollocking? It got worse. Watch the first minute or so immediately after they come out of the dressing room, it's ridiculous, they're genuinely not trying, they're taking the piss out of Moyes
chocolateballs
Reserves

5 years ago

Yea the players obviously are turning up at training and going through the motions . Only wanted to play for Fergie and have already been their too long.

As regards Carrick . I had that argument about him on this forum a long time ago . He's always been a square plug in a round hole If Fergie had been the same ruthless cunt he was 10 years previous Carrick would have been shipped out to Newcastle a long time ago. But he got soft and sentimental and let things rot in midfield. It's the main reason we can't compete against the big teams.

You need world class central midfielders when you play 442 you still need them even if your playing 352 .
Dosdamt
Star Man

5 years ago

Choco, you kidding? Carrick has been for a long time a much maligned but integral part of United. I can't believe people still go on about him.

He's never had a midfield partner worth a shit in their prime with him.

I saw a picture of the 2007-09 era team again, with Rio / Vidic / Evra at their prime at the back, Hargreaves before he was crocked with Scholes and Carrick in midfield, with Tevez, Rooney, and Ronaldo up top. Proper team that.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Even at the top of his game, had Carrick been in the '99 squad, he'd have been fourth choice behind Scholes, Keane, and Butt. That he is and has been United's best CM for three years is a damning indictment of the neglect which has led to the football being shit more often than not these days.
Dosdamt
Star Man

5 years ago

Get off, no chance he'd be behind Butt.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:Get off, no chance he'd be behind Butt.
There's every chance. Butt had bollocks, he could tackle and score. It's been so long since you've seen it in a United midfielder, you've forgotten how handy those qualities can be in a CM.
kramer
Youth Teamer

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Aye. The players sabotaged that game last night. Watch it back, it's horrific, it's so bad it has to be intentional.
yeah, i just can't fathom it otherwise. how can the entire team fall apart like that? tbh, the only ones who looked like they were trying were rooney and kagawa when he came on. oh, and young too, but i think its because the other players haven't let him in on the mutiny.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

kramer wrote:... the only ones who looked like they were trying were rooney and kagawa when he came on. oh, and young too, but i think its because the other players haven't let him in on the mutiny.
Or, perhaps, he sees it as an opportunity to cement a place in the starting XI and worm his way back into contention for a trip to Brazil this summer.
Red legend
Star Man

5 years ago

kramer wrote:
Sid wrote:Aye. The players sabotaged that game last night. Watch it back, it's horrific, it's so bad it has to be intentional.
yeah, i just can't fathom it otherwise. how can the entire team fall apart like that? tbh, the only ones who looked like they were trying were rooney and kagawa when he came on. oh, and young too, but i think its because the other players haven't let him in on the mutiny.

How did they play so bad?. Well regardless of the palace win, maybe they attempted to ' clear the air' in Dubai. Possibly galvanised the negativity. Only a thought .
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Dosdamt wrote:Get off, no chance he'd be behind Butt.
There's every chance. Butt had bollocks, he could tackle and score. It's been so long since you've seen it in a United midfielder, you've forgotten how handy those qualities can be in a CM.
Have to agree with Rob. Butt was class. He would walk into our 1st 11 right now. He had it all. He was also great at a world cup. Carrick is not in the same league.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]