Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago The gov are panicking behind the scene and are determined to stop the ESL cos the Prem is a hugely successful global export

I wonder if they're considering nationalising the top 6. That would put an end to this madness.

They could, and should, then hand em over to fans and let us run them in our interests, not billionaires interests, like Bayern, Dortmund etc

This is something I was ridiculed for on here multiple times. But now it looks like the only way - unless anyone can think of another way to stop it?
Fan ownership is the only way I can see this thing being prevented. But as for the mechanics and legal implications of nationalizing a privately owned football club.... I have no idea how that could or would happen.

And clearly, this being an internet forum, we could never, ever advocate violent acts or threats against the personal safety of the chief orchestrators here.
Recently the Tories nationalised Northern trains cos the original private provider managed them so horrendously the service literally stopped working several times. So the state took control, got it's house in order, then looked for a private bidder again. Something like that would stop this.

I'd like fans to have full control afterwards, or at least stake so they can veto nonsense like this in the future. But they'd probably put it back in private hands. But even so it would end this particular crisis.

*Edits* the guardian reckon the gov are looking at changing clubs' ownership structure to include fans, which would presumably allow us to veto this move

I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS WE SHOULD BE FAN OWNED FFS IT'S NICE THAT OTHERS NOW AGREE FFS
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago The gov are panicking behind the scene and are determined to stop the ESL cos the Prem is a hugely successful global export

I wonder if they're considering nationalising the top 6. That would put an end to this madness.

They could, and should, then hand em over to fans and let us run them in our interests, not billionaires interests, like Bayern, Dortmund etc

This is something I was ridiculed for on here multiple times. But now it looks like the only way - unless anyone can think of another way to stop it?
Fan ownership is the only way I can see this thing being prevented. But as for the mechanics and legal implications of nationalizing a privately owned football club.... I have no idea how that could or would happen.

And clearly, this being an internet forum, we could never, ever advocate violent acts or threats against the personal safety of the chief orchestrators here.
Recently the Tories nationalised Northern trains cos the original private provider managed them so horrendously the service literally stopped working several times. So the state took control, got it's house in order, then looked for a private bidder again. Something like that would stop this.

I'd like fans to have full control afterwards, or at least stake so they can veto nonsense like this in the future. But they'd probably put it back in private hands. But even so it would end this particular crisis.

*Edits* the guardian reckon the gov are looking at changing clubs' ownership structure to include fans, which would presumably allow us to veto this move

I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS WE SHOULD BE FAN OWNED FFS IT'S NICE THAT OTHERS NOW AGREE FFS
I’d imagine that Gov’t step in to Nationalise a privately owned business would have to have some sort of legal or regulatory basis though. i.e. business would have to be demonstrably and objectively failing, for the gov’t to step in. What would the legal basis for stepping in be here.... ?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I’d imagine that Gov’t step in to Nationalise a privately owned business would have to have some sort of legal or regulatory basis though. i.e. business would have to be demonstrably and objectively failing, for the gov’t to step in. What would the legal basis for stepping in be here.... ?
I've no clue. For National it was that the service they provided was so shit it didn't work, so the gov stepped in cos people literally couldn't get to work.

The top 6 leaving means the English football pyramid essentially collapses, and that affects thousands of businesses, services, football itself as a service, as well as history, culture etc - so that alone should be mandate enough to wrestle control off these billionaire cunts IMO. But whether it stands up legally, I don't know. Anyone?

They might not need to take full control, they might just be able to impose a new law or something that gives fans a controling stake, or that forces clubs to consult fans before any major changes, which would give us chance to veto the ESL
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I've no clue. For National it was that the service they provided was so shit it didn't work, so the gov stepped in cos people literally couldn't get to work.

The top 6 leaving means the English football pyramid essentially collapses, and that affects thousands of businesses, services, football itself as a service, as well as history, culture etc - so that alone should be mandate enough to wrestle control off these billionaire cunts IMO. But whether it stands up legally, I don't know. Anyone?

They might not need to take full control, they might just be able to impose a new law or something that gives fans a controling stake, or that forces clubs to consult fans before any major changes, which would give us chance to veto the ESL
Watching SSN, there’s leaked reports from a Board member openly talking about these clubs being willing to leave the PL to pursue this. What’s to say that MUFC needs to remain a British Football club? American owned, they own the brand, register it as a US company, take the games all over the world. They’ll find ways around it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Watching SSN, there’s leaked reports from a Board member openly talking about these clubs being willing to leave the PL to pursue this. What’s to say that MUFC needs to remain a British Football club? American owned, they own the brand, register it as a US company, take the games all over the world. They’ll find ways around it.
True. That's so fucking depressing though.

I found that Sky / board member story

On top of everything else the top 6 also want to destroy international football. They don't want their players playing at tournaments cos they don't get any financial benefit. So they'll be happy if they get banned by UEFA and FIFA. This is staggering.

I'm starting to think this is so radical and so hostile that the global football community, governments etc will actually stop it. Somehow.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Bit by bit, the impact of this, the level of self-interest and disregard for the game as a whole, the level of downright fucking malevolence is sinking in with me. Last night Neville said ‘it’ll never happen’. I thought the same. I thought these clubs had underestimated the backlash and would backtrack. Nope, they knew, they expected it, and they don’t give a fuck.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Woodward called out by UEFA for being a fucking snake.
dozer
Legend

Btw the ONLY issue I have with this breakaway is that it's a closed circle for the 15 clubs making this anticompetitive.
Apart from that I have no issues with this breakaway.

UEFA can go fuck themselves. Couldn't give a shit about them and their 70 year history.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

You're not arsed about the PL becoming an afterthought for the countries 'leading clubs' and the inevitable death of clubs in the lower leagues as a consequential impact then Dozer?
dozer
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago You're not arsed about the PL becoming an afterthought for the countries 'leading clubs' and the inevitable death of clubs in the lower leagues as a consequential impact then Dozer?
How does this happen?
This basically replaces the champions league. (Although the ESL clubs say it doesn't)
Before: EPL and UCL
Now: EPL and ESL

It will impact the FA and league cups but no one cared about that anyway. Big clubs played their B team.
Gaal got sacked the day after winning the FA cup. Jose won the European FA cup (Europa) - didn't help his case since we were drifting to 6th the next season.