Not just a shit beer: Corona and football

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Aren’t we one of those poorly run clubs with huge debts? We definitely have a huge wage structure, for players currently doing fuck all.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Guardiola's mam has died of it
swampash
Legend

5 months ago

I feel really uncomfortable about the reaction of the UK based players so far. The money they earn they could be helping the non-playing staff to get through this, rather than letting them be furloughed and then bailed out by the tax payer. A few clubs, like Barca, have shown solidarity but where are the UK-based players?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

swampash wrote:
5 months ago
I feel really uncomfortable about the reaction of the UK based players so far. The money they earn they could be helping the non-playing staff to get through this, rather than letting them be furloughed and then bailed out by the tax payer. A few clubs, like Barca, have shown solidarity but where are the UK-based players?
I thought United and a lot of clubs werent cutting their wages? If so the players don't have to do anything.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

José Mourinho and members of his Tottenham squad have been pictured on Hadley Common in north London, having ignored government rules to train there during the coronavirus lockdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -sessegnon

Sack the cunt. He's literally causing corona to spread in the worst affected city. Also cunts are gonna look at this and think it's okay to start gathering again
FuB
Legend

5 months ago

Sid wrote:
5 months ago
Sack the cunt. He's literally causing corona to spread in the worst affected city. Also cunts are gonna look at this and think it's okay to start gathering again
This.

Although, to be fair, i can't imagine any cunts who want to ignore things will really need Mourinho to guide them towards being a cunt.

Weren't the police supposed to be going round breaking up gatherings in parks?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

He's issued a press release saying sorry and praising the "heroes in the NHS". Total shit. If he gave a shit about the NHS he'd not have done what he did. He doesn't care about the players health either.
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

Lol, he's trying to get sacked on purpose.
swampash
Legend

5 months ago

dozer wrote:
5 months ago
swampash wrote:
5 months ago
I thought United and a lot of clubs werent cutting their wages? If so the players don't have to do anything.
Not sure which clubs dozer, but there have reports that clubs have furloughed non-playing staff. I'll try and check.
swampash
Legend

5 months ago

Spurs, Newcastle and Norwich have definitely furloughed staff. Looks like Liverpool will too.