Glazer scum

Manchester United chat
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4501
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
8 months ago
Fuck....that's a depressing read. You don't want to believe it, because it's your club, but you can see the deterioration over the years. And why should anyone be surprised, they are doing exactly the same Stateside (https://thepewterplank.com/2019/06/27/t ... g-england/).

Reality is, nothing will change. They are making a 'ROI' and Woodward is instrumental in this, so why change what ain't broke. Maybe in 25 year or so, when the current owners and CEO are dead, we might start getting things in place.
Wow. It's the exact same in the US.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5508
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

Violence. Forget green and gold fucking scarves, it's time for a bit of carnage.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24671
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
8 months ago
Violence. Forget green and gold fucking scarves, it's time for a bit of carnage.
Aye physical resistance is going to be crucial in getting rid too

During the takeover in 2004/5 there was an autonomous group that went after the Glazers. They were great. They came close to getting em.
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4501
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24671
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

Manchester United are at risk of being overtaken by Manchester City and Liverpool in Deloitte's Football Money League, according to the latest rankings

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... eal-madrid

We're suffering because of a lack of champions league. But also the turnover plateaud under Joey's beautiful football, and I can't see that having changed much under Ole. Although the football is better and the toxicity gone, it could just be that we're in decline (the brand has lost its magic, losing fans to rivals etc)
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5508
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

Everything is primed for Liverpool to have a prolonged period of dominance - brilliant team, brilliant manager, the age profile of the squad is decent, good young players coming through, they've added some commercial nous but they have a particular bond between the team and the supporters. They're still a proper football club - huge marketing lever, given the ever increasing angle of social awareness being pushed by organisations in how they want to brand and advertise their products.

We're fucked. Long term fucked.
User avatar
jason_uk
First Teamer
Posts: 398
Joined: 6 years ago

8 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
8 months ago
Everything is primed for Liverpool to have a prolonged period of dominance - brilliant team, brilliant manager, the age profile of the squad is decent, good young players coming through, they've added some commercial nous but they have a particular bond between the team and the supporters. They're still a proper football club - huge marketing lever, given the ever increasing angle of social awareness being pushed by organisations in how they want to brand and advertise their products.

We're fucked. Long term fucked.

Yeah but look on the bright side, as ole mentioned at weekend in reply to the bonfire chant, we are still in all the cups, 5th in the league and got Europa knockout to look forward to
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24671
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

Great to see people organising. What would really hurt em though, is not buying the tickets in the first place.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5508
Joined: 7 years ago

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Great to see people organising. What would really hurt em though, is not buying the tickets in the first place.
Agreed. If its done properly though, with near enough everyone taking part - the press coverage would be significant. Stuff like that starts to capture the attention of corporate sponsors. Could be a catalyst for a meaningful campaign centred around hitting them in the pocket, because that's the only way to drive change
Post Reply