Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Glazers to sell two percent of Manchester United shares

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/manches ... ge-sources

2% - is that just to raise money for the Glazers?

Also Fub do you want to move this to a the Glazers thread or a new financial one?
if they're selling shares when they're 30% or so off their peak, they're desperate for cash.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

8 months ago

What am I missing here, the date the report is 2017. Is this an old story or the wrong link?
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
8 months ago
What am I missing here, the date the report is 2017. Is this an old story or the wrong link?
Ah, so it is. But still, think I missed this at the time. They must be hard up for cash.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

8 months ago

Sid wrote:
8 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
8 months ago
Ah, so it is. But still, think I missed this at the time. They must be hard up for cash.
My memory is never the best thing to go by but I sort of remember this; it was one of the Glazer daughters who has nothing to do with the running of the businesses. I guess she needed some pocket money for the weekend.
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Funnily enough, after United published their financials yesterday there was a rumour that the Glazers were selling more shares

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 19591.html
Documents filed to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission appeared to show that United’s owners were offering a tranche of class A shares in the hope of raising as much as £320m ($400m).

However, as United’s chief financial officer Cliff Baty outlined during Tuesday’s earnings call, these documents were only ‘shelf registrations’ – a type of “technical filing”, he said. No United shares are actually up for sale.
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
8 months ago
My memory is never the best thing to go by but I sort of remember this; it was one of the Glazer daughters who has nothing to do with the running of the businesses. I guess she needed some pocket money for the weekend.
Her, again. Fucks sake. Apparently it raised 56m. Not bad eh, just for "owning" a football club.
sheesh
Legend

7 months ago

https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... d-20191004

Carragher spot on as usual. You never hear the United legends say anything like this.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Nail on the head
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 months ago

Yeah, we're fucked.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

United supporters should be grateful to people like Carragher calling it the way it is. It’s a fucking disgrace. Get these pricks out of the club.