Glazer scum

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

I love the idea of a fans ownership stake, but cant see it happening.

I'm still sceptical of what a protest might actually achieve but I'm still up for it. Has to be better than going down without any sort of a fight.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

Yeah, it sucks that the best case scenario is a different owner, but even if you just fuck shit up for the glazers and achieve nothing for united it's worth it.

Surely the easiest and least controversial thing to do is just boycott the sponsors? Even if you can't organise fans everywhere, matching fans could tape over logos on shirts and stuff. About a quarter of our revenue. Probably harder to convince people not to give United money but match day and merchandising is about a third of our revenue.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

marlon wrote:
2 months ago
Yeah, it sucks that the best case scenario is a different owner, but even if you just fuck shit up for the glazers and achieve nothing for united it's worth it.

Surely the easiest and least controversial thing to do is just boycott the sponsors? Even if you can't organise fans everywhere, matching fans could tape over logos on shirts and stuff. About a quarter of our revenue. Probably harder to convince people not to give United money but match day and merchandising is about a third of our revenue.
The idea of fans boycotting games seemed impossible in 2010. But Mourinho's football was so fucking shit and the atmosphere so toxic that the club were having to ring up fans who'd already bought tickets and persuade em to go. So if the football becomes that shit again - and it will if the quality keeps falling - fans will stop going again. So if a boycott came out in that context it would have a lot of success as fans don't want to watch that shite.

I also imagine shite football and a toxic atmosphere impacts merchandise revenue and thus commercial revenue. When the club is associated with shitness and negativity I reckon people engage less - so less likely to buy the shirts, United mints, noodles etc compared to when Ole came in, and there was that global swell of positivity... the cash registers in the megastore will have been ringing. Everybody loved the club again and re-engaged.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

The Glazers want over 3.2bn n all. Not gonna happen.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Don't know where to put this, but

FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Don't know where to put this, but

could have it's own thread to be fair. if you want me to move it, give me a thread title to use...
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Darcie Glazer takes out second loan, this time for 11m, using United's shares as collateral

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true