community shield

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

Also, it didn't help Moyes saying we were after a couple or a few (can't remember which) new singings, because then when you don't get them, it looks bad - especially for a manager who already has question marks hanging over him
Calvino
Reserves

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Also, it didn't help Moyes saying we were after a couple or a few (can't remember which) new singings, because then when you don't get them, it looks bad - especially for a manager who already has question marks hanging over him
Sid, he was on a hiding to nothing there mate. He says something and does not get them he will be damned, he does not say anything and still does not get anyone he will be slaughtered for not having a clue. Peeps so easily forget how last summer we chased Lucas Moura publicly and dis not get him. Not that I understood why we were after him at all!

For me Moyes needs to STOP trying to ape SAF's teams with wingers when his Everton teams never really played like that. Now that annoys the hell out of me!
bman2
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Also, it didn't help Moyes saying we were after a couple or a few (can't remember which) new singings, because then when you don't get them, it looks bad - especially for a manager who already has question marks hanging over him
To be fair to Moyes, he probably thought the people running the club had a modicum of competency. I'm starting to feel really bad for him, because the way things are panning out, he's not even going to get the chance to take a proper stab at it. We've signed no one, Rooney's out of the picture, and the older generation of players that helped hold it together truly is winding down now through age and injury (Rio, Vida, Evra, Giggs etc.). Apart from the obvious lack of quality in key areas of the pitch, it's just a terrible dynamic for a new manager to be coming in replacing a legend, but inheriting a creaking squad and not being able to bring in new hungry faces.
madredmonkey
Legend

7 years ago

Today's a big day we need to get off to a good start, and put belief into the players that this will be another top season ,
under a new direction, confidence is all important .
its an even bigger day for Moyes he needs to show that he can manage a top club.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

bman2 wrote:
To be fair to Moyes, he probably thought the people running the club had a modicum of competency. I'm starting to feel really bad for him, because the way things are panning out, he's not even going to get the chance to take a proper stab at it. We've signed no one, Rooney's out of the picture, and the older generation of players that helped hold it together truly is winding down now through age and injury (Rio, Vida, Evra, Giggs etc.). Apart from the obvious lack of quality in key areas of the pitch, it's just a terrible dynamic for a new manager to be coming in replacing a legend, but inheriting a creaking squad and not being able to bring in new hungry faces.
Yep... it's a ridiculous situation, and yet there are fans out there, and here, who seem to be expecting Moyes to work a miracle...

When Seville scored the third, the camera focussed on Moyes, and you could see the realization had finally hit him... "what the fuck have I let myself in for?"

He wasn't hired to replace Ferguson... he was hired to be cannon fodder.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

phelans there
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

giggs starts
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:phelans there

Midfield ??
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
just1n
Legend

7 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:phelans there

Midfield ??
supervising the cones
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

gea rafa vidic jones evra zaha carrick cleverly gigs welbeck persie