community shield

Manchester United chat
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4499
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Calvino wrote:Bri,
your defence of Giggs is ridiculous. No matter how good he might be, it is absolutely disgraceful that a club the size of Man united still call upon him to play in ANY match. Absolutely joke!!

For those who will blame Moyes for all the ills let them remember that Sir Alex left this team without a combative central midfielder and recycled Giggs and Scholes so many times that we lost Pogba. It is appalling that Moyes still calls on Giggs. It is annoying actually.

This is NOT an attack at our most decorated footballer. It is more like saying that we have become careless and complacent that we call on an outfield player who will be FORTY during the season. No matter his quality it is just not on.

So you're admitting he still has the quality? Are you denying he is still one of our most creative players? If you think he is then my defence of him is not so ridiculous is it?

The argument for whether we should still rely upon him is a different one altogether, an one which I agree with you completely, it's a disgrace.

The fact is he still out shines most of our midfield, rightly or wrongly... That's a fact.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
Robbo
Legend
Posts: 1218
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Calvino wrote:Bri,
your defence of Giggs is ridiculous. No matter how good he might be, it is absolutely disgraceful that a club the size of Man united still call upon him to play in ANY match. Absolutely joke!!

For those who will blame Moyes for all the ills let them remember that Sir Alex left this team without a combative central midfielder and recycled Giggs and Scholes so many times that we lost Pogba. It is appalling that Moyes still calls on Giggs. It is annoying actually.

This is NOT an attack at our most decorated footballer. It is more like saying that we have become careless and complacent that we call on an outfield player who will be FORTY during the season. No matter his quality it is just not on.
Agree totally on Giggs Cal no other large European side ( can we even call ourselves that now?) plays a player of Giggs age, hats off to the lad for being able to do that but surely his time has now come get him working with the youngsters behind the scenes.
-----------------------------------------------------
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5241
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

giggs will probably play more than he expects to this season, he'll be involved tomorrow

respect to scholes for not wanting to play under moyes
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:giggs will probably play more than he expects to this season, he'll be involved tomorrow

respect to scholes for not wanting to play under moyes
Something I don't understand about you Knobby... you complain about Moyes, and Valencia, and Fletcher, and Young, and our hoofing shit ball, and it's not that I don't agree, because even though I think you're a miserable cunt, I actually agree with you on most things... we both want more or less the same thing from United... but you never have a fuckin thing to say about the cunts who ultimately are responsible for our shit situation... the Glazers.

Why are you complaining about our substandard managers and players, when they are all we are allowed to have? We sold one of our best ever players for £80mill, and proper owners could have rebuilt our midfield with real quality with that money... it's gone, and we've got the midfield of a bottom of the table team... it's not Moyes fault, and it's not even Youngs fault that he's rubbish... it's Fergusons fault, but strangely, Ferguson wasn't so neglectful before the Glazers stuck their hand up his arse.

Why don't you ever moan about the Glazers... they are everything that is wrong with United...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5241
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

you go on about the glazers enough for both of us tbf

and yet the majority of the money spent under the glazers has been wasted

no one forced taggart to sign berbatov young hargreaves valencia nani bebe tosic anderson, that's 150m wasted
lkhm

hoofing
Calvino
Reserves
Posts: 95
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: London

7 years ago

Alfie,
This is where I disagree with you and agree with Knobby. Sir Alex has wasted shed load of money on Berbatov, Hargreaves, Young and Bebe. In that period he could have signed us at least two proper central midfielders and we would not be this bad now. Nobody has ever doubted Anderson's quality but he is hardly ever fit. Nani our former manager seemed to want to discard when he has four or five poor matches.

Why on earth did he keep on recycling Scholes and Giggs allowing Pogba to leave? Nothing to do with the Glazers. Berbatov was a monumental waste of money from day 1! A vanity purchase that only someone as successful as Sir Alex would have been able to get away with.

At the moment, Moyes is going to cop the flak for many years of under investment in our midfield. I can not blame the Glazers for this.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:you go on about the glazers enough for both of us tbf

and yet the majority of the money spent under the glazers has been wasted

no one forced taggart to sign berbatov young hargreaves valencia nani bebe tosic anderson, that's 150m wasted
I thought that's what I said... it's Fergusons fault... not Moyes.

And who hired Moyes?

Since day one, you've been bitching non stop about Moyes... but as far as I can tell, the only thing Moyes has done, that you can possibly blame him for... is say yes to the job... what the fuck did you expect?

Just because you think Mourinho is the Daddy... why is it Moyes fault that the Glazers didn't hire him?

Fuck sake... get some fuckin perspective... or are you one of those dumb fucks who are already calling for Moyes to be sacked?... as if that's going to change a fuckin thing...

You need to remember who runs this pathetic outfit... it's not Moyes.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Calvino wrote:Alfie,
This is where I disagree with you and agree with Knobby. Sir Alex has wasted shed load of money on Berbatov, Hargreaves, Young and Bebe. In that period he could have signed us at least two proper central midfielders and we would not be this bad now. Nobody has ever doubted Anderson's quality but he is hardly ever fit. Nani our former manager seemed to want to discard when he has four or five poor matches.

Why on earth did he keep on recycling Scholes and Giggs allowing Pogba to leave? Nothing to do with the Glazers. Berbatov was a monumental waste of money from day 1! A vanity purchase that only someone as successful as Sir Alex would have been able to get away with.

At the moment, Moyes is going to cop the flak for many years of under investment in our midfield. I can not blame the Glazers for this.
First of all... that's what I said... Fergusons fault... but there's more to it than that.

Pogba left because Ferguson didn't give him his chance... but he was allowed to leave, because of the Glazers ridiculous policy on youth contracts... they are the ones responsible for him NOT being resigned.

Before the Glazers, Ferguson made his fair share of shit signings as well... but that's football, sometimes you get a Rooney, sometimes you get a Forlan... it happens to all teams, and all managers... to be fair, Ferguson had a great eye for defenders, and captain material, but was pretty hit and miss at the rest... So what?

Before the Glazers, we'd cut our losses and try again... Ferguson consistently broke transfer records, and signed some duds... but the bottom line is, he always had a motherfuckin midfield... Robson/Ince/Keane... then the Glazers came... we haven't had a decent midfield since... why? because the best midfielders are the most prized players in the game... and the hardest to get hold of... and we stopped competing for them... as soon as Real/Barca/Chump$ki showed an interest, the price went up and United dropped out of the running... no fuckin value, market gone crazy, or some other lame excuse... BULLSHIT!!! if Ferguson had been allowed to compete for them he would have...

Ferguson was forced to work on a budget, and he was shit at it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Calvino
Reserves
Posts: 95
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: London

7 years ago

Not buying that completely Alf. With due diligence he would have bought some players before they became big. We spent 16m on Carrick when we could have bought him before he moved to Spurs. I remember saying at the time on Rant that we should have. We were royally done over by that crackhead who left us for Chelsea Kenyon on the Essien and Robben deals. No way we could have paid their prices at the time or even any time. Would not have made sense.

When he went to buy Kagawa did he not see their two defensive midfielders - Gundogan n the one with a scrabble name or even Bender? Bayern paid 8m for Javi Martinez for God's sake - a world cup winner and a member of the Bilbao side that battered us over two legs.

My point is that there is value if due diligence is done. He did not bother and just winged it to two titles and one CL final. Now Moyes has to carry the can. Not all the Glazers fault I believe.
User avatar
Editor
Manager
Posts: 146
Joined: 7 years ago
Contact:

7 years ago

Calvino wrote:Not buying that completely Alf. With due diligence he would have bought some players before they became big. We spent 16m on Carrick when we could have bought him before he moved to Spurs. I remember saying at the time on Rant that we should have. We were royally done over by that crackhead who left us for Chelsea Kenyon on the Essien and Robben deals. No way we could have paid their prices at the time or even any time. Would not have made sense.

When he went to buy Kagawa did he not see their two defensive midfielders - Gundogan n the one with a scrabble name or even Bender? Bayern paid 8m for Javi Martinez for God's sake - a world cup winner and a member of the Bilbao side that battered us over two legs.

My point is that there is value if due diligence is done. He did not bother and just winged it to two titles and one CL final. Now Moyes has to carry the can. Not all the Glazers fault I believe.
Bayern paid a lot more for Martinez - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/javi- ... 44017.html

But still, get your point. There's value out there. My problem this summer isn't with the scouting network - you don't always pick up on the best deals and sometimes 'value' turns out to be a false economy (see plenty of cheap buys at OT over the years). It's with the total lack of planning. It seems like there wasn't a transition plan at all. Fergie and Gill quit. Clean break. Moyes and Marketing Dude take over. Did Gill write the transfer list out in invisible ink or something?
---------------------
Editor, United Rant
Post Reply