Legend

2 months ago

carra the much better pundit
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 months ago

fair play to nev mentioning how shite gaals signings were tbf, half a billion wasted tbf
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
carra the much better pundit
Yeah, I have to agree. Neville is alright talking about other clubs, but shite when talking about United.

Carragher is spot on about a lot of things, whether or not they're United-related. He talks more sense.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Adam Mckola asked great questions of Nev, and he persisted, which exposed Nevs hypocrisy with the Glazers. He got a bit arsey and that made his deflection tactics ('don't worry, Salah's going to leave soon and liverpool will be shit soon') really fucking obvious.

I agree Sheesh, he's pretty fucking useless as a United pundit now. He just tows the line.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Adam Mckola asked great questions of Nev, and he persisted, which exposed Nevs hypocrisy with the Glazers. He got a bit arsey and that made his deflection tactics ('don't worry, Salah's going to leave soon and liverpool will be shit soon') really fucking obvious.

I agree Sheesh, he's pretty fucking useless as a United pundit now. He just tows the line.
I thought Mckola was obnoxious, kept interrupting him with whiny shite. A few months ago Neville called out Woodward for being a failure, I don't see how that's towing the party line.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago

I thought Mckola was obnoxious, kept interrupting him with whiny shite. A few months ago Neville called out Woodward for being a failure, I don't see how that's towing the party line.
He kept interrupting because Neville wouldn't answer questions clearly, and he kept deflecting. And yeah Nev criticised Ed a few months ago but only once the Jose project had blown up and the rest of the media, fans and ex players were criticising him. Adam gave him the chance to stand by his previous criticisms of Ed and the way the club is run - because nothing has changed, the team is still being neglected (letting 2 midfielders go without bring in replacements) - but Nev skirted round the subject and just said 'wait til Salah leaves Liverpool, then they'll be shit'

If he wants to help United he should be criticising Ed for not signing a midfielder, because that will put pressure on him to act and buy one in jan. But he won't rock the boat anymore, not until the Ole project has blown up (if it does like).
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

That's how questions should be asked, i.e via a healthy debate and follow ups, pleasantly of course. Most people asking questions have an inferiority complex and shut up after asking a short question without any follow ups if the question isn't answered.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Nah he was just badgering him because he wasn't saying what he wanted him to say. It's not a big deal, but I thought it was a bit rude, made a bit of a tit of himself and will be less likely invited to something again in the future.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Of course, we don't know how the thing was edited, but the way they put it together, it seems like McKay's questioning went on far too long and got awkward for everyone.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
That's how questions should be asked, i.e via a healthy debate and follow ups, pleasantly of course. Most people asking questions have an inferiority complex and shut up after asking a short question without any follow ups if the question isn't answered.
Aye proper journos don't press too hard because the interviewee / club will cut ties with the newspaper or channel, then they won't get their content. So they have to maintain a working relationship.

Whereas fan channels like FTDs are in a better position because their content int dependent on insider access, and they make a living mostly via views, so can ask questions fans are asking