OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

bman2 wrote:
8 months ago
Yeah it’s pretty straightforward when you look at it. The consistent element in Ole’s initial good run was a midfield of Matic - Herrera - Pogba. As soon as some of them got injured, results took a nosedive and have never really recovered. I don’t know if McT is the replacement for Matic or Herrera, but either way we need at least two quality players for midfield. Hard to see us being anything more than a lump it quickly up to the forwards team without some quality in there.
We didn't lump it against City or Spurs. You talking about us needing Mf's is a joke, i've been saying that for years and you've told me Pogba was Class but he isn't. McT is a godsend and Fred does more work and is getting better. Let's hope when we replace Pogba we get the real deal this time.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

8 months ago

bman2 wrote:
8 months ago
Yeah it’s pretty straightforward when you look at it. The consistent element in Ole’s initial good run was a midfield of Matic - Herrera - Pogba. As soon as some of them got injured, results took a nosedive and have never really recovered. I don’t know if McT is the replacement for Matic or Herrera, but either way we need at least two quality players for midfield. Hard to see us being anything more than a lump it quickly up to the forwards team without some quality in there.
Nah. Everyone played well during the bounce.
None of those 3 midfielders played well since. At least they're not playing now.
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

Here's a statistic. If you rank the Premier League tops in order of how much possession they've had so far this season, 10 teams maintain over 50%, 10 teams under 50% (City is highest at 61.3%, Newcastle lowest at 38.3% possession). We have played 8 teams in the top half of the possession table, and 8 in the bottom half of the possession table.

Our results against high possession teams: P8 W6 D2 L0, points total: 20 out of 24.
Our results against low possession teams: P8 W0 D4 L4, points total: 4 out of 24.

Want to beat us? Give us the ball. It's that straightforward.

I looked it up myself, I think those numbers are right.
swampash
Legend

8 months ago

My own multiple variant regression analysis proves winning is actually down to scoring more goals than the other team.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

swampash wrote:
8 months ago
My own multiple variant regression analysis proves winning is actually down to scoring more goals than the other team.
:))

Those are some interesting stats, Bman. But you don't need to go into stats if you just watch the games, because it's clear how much we struggle when teams let us have the ball.
swampash
Legend

8 months ago

...God forbid it might have anything to do with who’s selected to start or the tactics.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Bstats! :o)
swampash
Legend

8 months ago

I’ve checked the data for the last 30 years and we have only won the PL when we had a Scottish manager whose name began with ‘F’.
You can’t argue with the stats.
If Ole doesn’t change his name by deed poll to something more appropriate he will have to go and we will have to appoint someone Scottish whose name does begin with ‘F’. Darren Fletcher springs to mind.
You can’t argue with the stats...
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

swampash wrote:
8 months ago
I’ve checked the data for the last 30 years and we have only won the PL when we had a Scottish manager whose name began with ‘F’.
You can’t argue with the stats.
If Ole doesn’t change his name by deed poll to something more appropriate he will have to go and we will have to appoint someone Scottish whose name does begin with ‘F’. Darren Fletcher springs to mind.
You can’t argue with the stats...
Wow, incredible insight. But tell me, what was the XG during Fergie's time?
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

:))

Love the new avatar. After all this time it will take getting used to.