OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If Ed has learned anything he'll go with someone who plays the right football, not someone who has the best CV / biggest name.

He'll have to anyway because the Glazers aren't going to fund another Jose - another 500m and biggest wage bill in sport so he can build his team. It's just not happening again. They've clearly changed tact after getting their fingers badly burned with the portugese bus driver.

We just need someone that can play the Ole wants better than Ole. Whether he's well known or not is irrelevant. If he plays the right football, we smash teams and he'll become well known.
marlon
Legend

ZeBlamelessOle wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago Fuck me, dumb has found dumber...... Hope this new guy can at least stick to one opinion.
Your contribution to this thread has been to confuse a geriatric for one of the hottest current managers in the game, call another poster a wanker, then when your obvious ignorance is pointed out to you, say you're not going to listen to his arguments anyway. I'm enjoying the discussion Ze's posts have generated. You do realise that you always have the option of not posting when you have nothing to say?
I'd take Lippi over Ole tbh. Man is a winner who Sir Alex Ferguson himself admired.
Fergie picked Moyes, so it's not the best endorsement.
Lazarus
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago If Ed has learned anything he'll go with someone who plays the right football, not someone who has the best CV / biggest name.

He'll have to anyway because the Glazers aren't going to fund another Jose - another 500m and biggest wage bill in sport so he can build his team. It's just not happening again. They've clearly changed tact after getting their fingers badly burned with the portugese bus driver.

We just need someone that can play the Ole wants better than Ole. Whether he's well known or not is irrelevant. If he plays the right football, we smash teams and he'll become well known.
Have you written Ole off as well?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago Fuck me, dumb has found dumber...... Hope this new guy can at least stick to one opinion.
Your contribution to this thread has been to confuse a geriatric for one of the hottest current managers in the game, call another poster a wanker, then when your obvious ignorance is pointed out to you, say you're not going to listen to his arguments anyway. I'm enjoying the discussion Ze's posts have generated. You do realise that you always have the option of not posting when you have nothing to say?
I'd take Lippi over Ole tbh. Man is a winner who Sir Alex Ferguson himself admired.
Fergie picked Moyes, so it's not the best endorsement.
:))
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago If Ed has learned anything he'll go with someone who plays the right football, not someone who has the best CV / biggest name.

Not entirely. But it's not just Ole, it's Phelan and Carrick as well. The leaked reports about training methods being archaic concern me the most. It sounds like old fashioned british stuff aka tons of cardio, tons of "hard work", and not enough passing the football.

And Ole is super inexperienced. There are more experienced managers out there that play similar football to what Ole wants to play, who can handle the pressure of a big club, big games etc. But I'm happy to give him time, because his actual 11 is decent, and his 3 signings have all been good.
Lazarus
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago

Not entirely. But it's not just Ole, it's Phelan and Carrick as well. The leaked reports about training methods being archaic concern me the most. It sounds like old fashioned british stuff aka tons of cardio, tons of "hard work", and not enough passing the football.

And Ole is super inexperienced. There are more experienced managers out there that play similar football to what Ole wants to play, who can handle the pressure of a big club, big games etc. But I'm happy to give him time, because his actual 11 is decent, and his 3 signings have all been good.
I must have missed the training reports. When klopp talks about hard work, cardio, fitness is that different to what Ole wants? Klopp spent two years pushing players until he found players that fitted in with his style which needs fit players who can run and run, he said it yesterday about Ibra (“If he had not played for Manchester United before, then we might have considered him,” Klopp told Sportbladet via the Echo, before suggesting the amount of running required to play up top for his side would maybe be a little too much. “No, but I’m not even sure he wanted to play here. We’re a pretty intense team,” Klopp joked… ). I also think our passing has improved and is improving.

Ole may be inexperienced but that isn't a discounting factor for me. Jose wasn't inexperienced, LVG wasn't, Moyes wasn't they didn't work out so great. Besides that the bullshit that is talked on here about 'getting managers' is mindnumbing, like we just have to approach a manager and he's ours. That is bullshit we never nearly had Klopp or Poch or Pep or whoever, yet people on here act like they were all big mistakes we've made.

Tbh i can't see what he's done wrong so far. He's shifted a lot of players that needed shifting and he's giving what was left a chance to prove themselves before he's bought anyone new. I'm happy to take a bad season if the next season is an improvement and the players he keeps and buys prove there is a plan. He can't do that in a short period of time he needs a few windows to sort it out. That's what Klopp did.
Lazarus
Legend

...Forgot about Phelan and Carrick. Fuck them they're not the managers, if he likes them it's good enough for me, if he sacks them that's good as well. I have no clue what they do day to day and frankly care less for me it's like worrying about what photocopier Ole is using.
ZeBlamelessOle
Youth Teamer

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago ...Forgot about Phelan and Carrick. Fuck them they're not the managers, if he likes them it's good enough for me, if he sacks them that's good as well. I have no clue what they do day to day and frankly care less for me it's like worrying about what photocopier Ole is using.
Do you have the capability to think for yourself or is your head that firmly up Smeagol's arse?
Lazarus
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago ...Forgot about Phelan and Carrick. Fuck them they're not the managers, if he likes them it's good enough for me, if he sacks them that's good as well. I have no clue what they do day to day and frankly care less for me it's like worrying about what photocopier Ole is using.
Do you have the capability to think for yourself or is your head that firmly up Smeagol's arse?
Smeagol?

As for the capability to think for myself, who do you think is controlling my thoughts and how are they doing it? Seems a dumb thing to say. Do you believe this Smeagol is communicating with me somehow, and what i think has some mysterious power to change decisions at United? Does Smeagol not like Phelan and Carrick or photocopiers? Do i have to literally have my head up his arse when i talk to him?

Can't wait to read a proper thinkers response. :joint:
dozer
Legend

Ole can hire his dog as his assistant manager provided he gets us results. Alternatively if he gets a top top assistant and still delivers shit results then he'll be judged poorly. So yeah, I too don't care who he hires.