OGS.....

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago Ole's record against the top 6 is incredible - even greater when you think we probably have the shittest 11 of the top 6. Virtually no depth in some areas too.

I wonder how much of that is about the mentality of the players? Do they lack focus and motivation in the so called lesser games? The bigger teams attack more too, which suits us. We struggle against sides who just sit in and defend
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago Ole's record against the top 6 is incredible - even greater when you think we probably have the shittest 11 of the top 6. Virtually no depth in some areas too.

I wonder how much of that is about the mentality of the players? Do they lack focus and motivation in the so called lesser games? The bigger teams attack more too, which suits us. We struggle against sides who just sit in and defend
Yeah our one gameplan suits bigger teams, we just need another one for shite teams that sit in cos we struggle to break em down. Defensive counterattacks aren't cutting it these days. We need more players / options for that though. But Ed might have put the chequebook away after those two wins.
bman2
Legend

The lower our share of possession, the more likely we are to win. Maybe we will need new midfielders to be able to know what to do with the ball.
Lazarus
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago Yep. Ole out folks aren't speaking much. Reminds me a hit of the fellani thread. Went quiet.
He left....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago The lower our share of possession, the more likely we are to win. Maybe we will need new midfielders to be able to know what to do with the ball.
I agree, that waster Pogba has been a massive disappointment, then does the slippy bastard thing of whining that he wants to leave the club rather than standing up and being counted. He was probably the player who had the bad attitude and sassed Keane when he came in to do a team talk before the City game. Some quality midfielders would be great.
marlon
Legend

Gaal had a good top 6 record too.

AZ, Everton, Colchester, Watford, Newcastle and Burnley to close out the year. How many wins against that shite?
bman2
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Gaal had a good top 6 record too.

AZ, Everton, Colchester, Watford, Newcastle and Burnley to close out the year. How many wins against that shite?
Under Jose we beat a better City side too.

We're very similar to Wolves last season -- dangerous against sides that want the ball, but struggling to have a "plan A" against clubs smaller than us. Leicester seem to have really made the jump this season to a side that can play against all types. That said, counter-attacking teams can win the League. Leicester did, then Chelsea did under Jose and then under Conte. But it's not really what I want to watch all the time. We're into our fourth season of it now, and I'm a bit sick of it, even when results go our way.
dozer
Legend

Unless we get a creative midfielder we'll never be able to break down teams. No manager can fix that with these set of players. That seems like the hardest position to fill.
We're lucky that Mct looks like he'll be a quality player. This means we'll only need one midfielder i.e a number 10 to improve our midfield. Although I'd still rather have two and throw Pogba out.
bman2
Legend

Yeah it’s pretty straightforward when you look at it. The consistent element in Ole’s initial good run was a midfield of Matic - Herrera - Pogba. As soon as some of them got injured, results took a nosedive and have never really recovered. I don’t know if McT is the replacement for Matic or Herrera, but either way we need at least two quality players for midfield. Hard to see us being anything more than a lump it quickly up to the forwards team without some quality in there.
Lazarus
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Gaal had a good top 6 record too.

Looking forward to finding out. For a change.