OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago I have a feeling that moving to the PL could be the making of Tuchel. Seems like Chelski's owner is pretty absent these days, so Tuchel has few opportunities for a face-to-face falling out with him, so he'll probably get a decent period of time to sort them.
He'll try and recreate the football he played at PSG so he's worth backing. But I think Arbramovic wants someone that can get the most out of their squad, particularly Havertz and Werner who're future stars, and if he can't do that he'll get the chop.

Tbh despite their big spending Chelsea's squad does look a bit average. Prem clubs are getting rinsed tbf and it's hard to feel sorry for em.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

"That's why I think this Manchester United team is better suited than the one from two or three years ago under Jose Mourinho that finished second. I actually feel there's a better spirit. I think they've got a far better chance of winning the league in the next two or three years than they were under Jose a couple of years ago.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... e-mourinho
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If we can't get a top quick CB in summer I'd ditch Ole. Playing a high line and a high press against Chelsea gave me hope that that might be our future playing style, with the right personnel. But if we don't get that top CB or maybe a top pacy CDM, it's going to be the same shite next season and I can't be arsed.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago If we can't get a top quick CB in summer I'd ditch Ole. Playing a high line and a high press against Chelsea gave me hope that that might be our future playing style, with the right personnel. But if we don't get that top CB or maybe a top pacy CDM, it's going to be the same shite next season and I can't be arsed.
A pacy cdm is hard to find... If there is any position that doesn't need much pace, it's GK and CDM.
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago If we can't get a top quick CB in summer I'd ditch Ole. Playing a high line and a high press against Chelsea gave me hope that that might be our future playing style, with the right personnel. But if we don't get that top CB or maybe a top pacy CDM, it's going to be the same shite next season and I can't be arsed.
What I don't understand is that we have Tuanzebe and Mengi. There's no point in hyping them up if Ole doesn't have the balls to play them regularly as we'll never know if they are good enough for the step up. If we buy a pacy top CB, the chances are that we will lose the home grown prospects due to game time. Then you have to ask the question of whether it's worth bothering with the Academy if no cunt can get promoted to the first team.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
What I don't understand is that we have Tuanzebe and Mengi. There's no point in hyping them up if Ole doesn't have the balls to play them regularly as we'll never know if they are good enough for the step up. If we buy a pacy top CB, the chances are that we will lose the home grown prospects due to game time. Then you have to ask the question of whether it's worth bothering with the Academy if no cunt can get promoted to the first team.
Well we’re probably not going to spend much this summer, maybe a player or two at most. And if we’re not going to improve much with new players, then if we are going to make any progress at all, we’ll have to improve through coaching. And unfortunately for Ole, I really don’t think he can credibly claim to be doing very well in that respect. He’s made some mistakes in the transfer market, but the squad overall has strengthened under him. And he has definitely improved the atmosphere and team spirit. I think there’d be a stronger case for sticking with him if we were spending big, with the prospect of significantly improving three key positions. But since that isn’t going to happen, if next season isn’t going to be more of the exact same, surely we need the kind of coaching that really improves the players you already have.

I appreciate that this season has the games coming thick and fast, with not a lot of time for training. But it’s so fucking frustrating watching us set up with the very same exact 4-2-3-1 every single fucking match, with the exact same players except for a couple of variations: Pogba/McT, sometimes Cavani gets a go, and that ‘s about it unless Ole is forced by injuries. If we were steamrolling everyone like City, great. But since going top of the league, we’ve won 3 of the next 10 league games. Fucking change something! Rotate the players at least! We might as well sell half the squad, Ole never ever uses them.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Apparently Tuchel had Chelsea looking like PSG against Liverpool. It doesn't have to take a long time to switch styles.
swampash
Legend

I watched it. They looked very good. Ominous...I expect they'll leave us standing. Not because they have a better squad [they don't] but because they have a proper modern trainer.
bman2
Legend

Since SAF and Gil left, City have been a better run and more successful club. Chelsea have been a better run and more successful club. Liverpool have been a better run and more successful club. Leicester have been a better run and more successful club. Spurs, while Poch was there, have been a better run and more successful club.

United is just starting to feel like a boring and pointless club. The people running it are incapable of making good decisions regarding for our football team.
sheesh
Legend

Well, I've got to hand it to you.

You guys have a stronger tolerance for this shit than I do...