OGS.....

Manchester United chat
FuB
Site Admin

sheesh wrote: 3 years ago Whether or not Ole is the right man for the job is a moot argument (although the press will have a field day when results go the wrong way).

He will be the fall guy next season due to issues at the club that have nothing to do with him.
We'll see how things go but you're almost certainly right there.

Even so, he still has to opportunity to leave with some dignity intact. If he carries on into the season with a team that's now further behind all the major rivals (and beyond) then he'll be as much a part of his own downfall as the circumstances
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

FuB wrote: 3 years ago
sheesh wrote: 3 years ago Whether or not Ole is the right man for the job is a moot argument (although the press will have a field day when results go the wrong way).

He will be the fall guy next season due to issues at the club that have nothing to do with him.

Even so, he still has to opportunity to leave with some dignity intact. If he carries on into the season with a team that's now further behind all the major rivals (and beyond) then he'll be as much a part of his own downfall as the circumstances
That's his fault for being a 'club man'. I bet he doesn't say boo to a goose. How can he expect Woodward and the Board to take him seriously when he doesn't have the balls to stand up to them. He's just grateful to be in the job and will probably accept he was at fault when he is sacked when United languish mid-table.
swampash
Legend

With the addition of CL games and such limited additional cover in key positions, we're likely to be mid table by Christmas and the hobbit will be the scape goat.
I'm probably with those who think he has partly brought it on himself, by being tactically naive and lacking toughness where it's needed.
Just imho.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
FuB wrote: 3 years ago

That's his fault for being a 'club man'. I bet he doesn't say boo to a goose. How can he expect Woodward and the Board to take him seriously when he doesn't have the balls to stand up to them. He's just grateful to be in the job and will probably accept he was at fault when he is sacked when United languish mid-table.
yeah... and he'll sing the board and owners' praises, thank them for the opportunity and insist they backed him in every way possible.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

Unless there are some amazingly good last minute signings we’ll be mid table by Christmas and the hobbit will be gone.
fat maradona
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago Unless there are some amazingly good last minute signings we’ll be mid table by Christmas and the hobbit will be gone.
We can only hope. As much as he is a club legend, he isn't the right Manager to take us back into contention.
dozer
Legend

He's the only manager we've had who's shown us big balls. The others post Fergie were all pussys trying to buy their way out of trouble.
Ole was the only one who sold first, which was a big risk considering Woodward's reputation and has gotten us third in both the seasons. (we were third in form table since he took over in Dec first season). He's been consistent so far. And he's thinking long term.

Fans, like Sancho want galactico managers.
fat maradona
Legend

There is no evidence of any decent coaching, we play one system and when that doesn't work he doesn't know what to do, he isn't man enough to drop players and the list goes on.......

I don't recall LvG trying to buy himself out of trouble. The squad was threadbare and he needed to add. Ok, so most of the signings were shite (in hindsight) like Di Maria, Falcao, Rojo, Schneiderlin et al but we now all know that Woodward buys who he thinks we need rather than what the manager has asked for. Both LvG and Mourinho criticised the way the club is run and how they weren't allowed responsibility in recruitment.

I'm not after a galactico manager but someone who can manage a monster like United would be nice. Someone who has cut his teeth somewhere other than a minnow league in Norway. As much as Ole is a great guy, he isn't the right man for us. Whoop de fucking whoop that he sorted out the dressing room but do you recall how bad it was at the start of the year? Even Fred came out publicly and said that things needed to improve. And he hasn't sold any either, all the cunts that are leaving are going on loan....
bman2
Legend

We’ve a very good record against top teams under Ole, when we park the bus and counter. But we’re not very convincing imposing our own game. I think Ole is hoping Sancho will do that. The top tactical managers get whatever players they have to play the system effectively, but I suppose tactics isn’t the only skill that matters for a manager.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago

I don't recall LvG trying to buy himself out of trouble. The squad was threadbare and he needed to add. Ok, so most of the signings were shite (in hindsight) like Di Maria, Falcao, Rojo, Schneiderlin et al but we now all know that Woodward buys who he thinks we need rather than what the manager has asked for. Both LvG and Mourinho criticised the way the club is run and how they weren't allowed responsibility in recruitment.
LVG spent a lot of money. Around 200m I think if not more.
We all DON'T know they were Woodward buys. That's false. Lvg wanted those players. Woodward has been criticised by Moyes lvg and Jose but no one's mentioned that they were forced upon his player choices. Lvg wanted those left footed left sided centre back etc, Depay, Blind and other crap like how Moyes wanted Baines, Fellaini and Mata.