OGS.....

Manchester United chat
danniitronix
First Teamer

You’re convincing me that he should stay.

There is no doubt at all that he wants the best for this club. I’m wondering whether he needs to surround himself by others better than Carrick and Phelan. I genuinely believe he wants the best for the club.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago Like Danny says the glazers have funded the team.
The Glazers have funded fuck all ffs. They've leeched off the club for years
marlon
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago Like Danny says the glazers have funded the team. We've spent the most apart from perhaps City post Fergie.
It's our football men that have failed us. We've bought shite players.
Ed Woodward or some Glazer decides who to buy eh? Fans always come up with this bullshit. The football folks at the club decide who to buy. And they've bought crap.

Ole must be given a few years and transfer windows to buy his players. He's made the bold move of getting rid of players he doesn't like with the risk of losing some first teamers and injuries.
He's promoting youth. This means he's not looking to save his job and is indeed planning for the long term. Fans are fickle idiots, they always have the solution. Sign Ole up, sack him, promote youth, didn't spend 150m more etc. Aren't these the complaints here?
It's our signings that aren't doing well. Our youth teamers are actually perform well. Our best players this season have been McT, Williams, Greenwood, Rashford, Maguire and WanBissaka. Now not all of them are top tier players but they've perhaps been our best players. Most of them are from the United youth setup.
Fans think sacking managers is the solution eh? That strategy didn't work well either.
At least Ole seems to have reduced social media crap in the team; plus he's not signing mercenaries. These are 2 good moves and it's been 2 big problems for us.
He needs his transfer windows and new players to be successful. We have no option but to keep him for years and hope it works out.
Sacking managers and binning the dross is only half the job. You then have to hire a good manager and sign good players. We're just cycling through endless shit.

You can't pick and choose different sections of a fandom and play their different opinions off each other and then say they're fickle as if they're a cohesive group who all hold the options you've cherry picked.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago Like Danny says the glazers have funded the team. We've spent the most apart from perhaps City post Fergie.
It's our football men that have failed us. We've bought shite players.
Ed Woodward or some Glazer decides who to buy eh? Fans always come up with this bullshit. The football folks at the club decide who to buy. And they've bought crap.

Ole must be given a few years and transfer windows to buy his players. He's made the bold move of getting rid of players he doesn't like with the risk of losing some first teamers and injuries.
He's promoting youth. This means he's not looking to save his job and is indeed planning for the long term. Fans are fickle idiots, they always have the solution. Sign Ole up, sack him, promote youth, didn't spend 150m more etc. Aren't these the complaints here?
It's our signings that aren't doing well. Our youth teamers are actually perform well. Our best players this season have been McT, Williams, Greenwood, Rashford, Maguire and WanBissaka. Now not all of them are top tier players but they've perhaps been our best players. Most of them are from the United youth setup.
Fans think sacking managers is the solution eh? That strategy didn't work well either.
At least Ole seems to have reduced social media crap in the team; plus he's not signing mercenaries. These are 2 good moves and it's been 2 big problems for us.
He needs his transfer windows and new players to be successful. We have no option but to keep him for years and hope it works out.
That’s a pretty good and well argued post dozer.
I still feel shit about the state we are in though and find it difficult not to blame the hobbit. If he could just show some evidence he has the ability to motivate a team and some actual tactical understanding I’d be happy to go along with your line of reasoning. But sadly I don’t see any evidence of either.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Could it be that with Ole we're seeing the influence of Fergie, Charlton and the class of 92 aka the football men we've all said Ed should consult - but that they're simply out of date?

What I mean is this reactive defensive dogshit Joey football is a result of all of em

Look at the evidence

Fergie appointed Moyes which was the total wrong direction

They all thought Joey was the right appointment despite his football being ineffective (2 major titles in 10 years) and a clear swing towards assertive attacking football. No other big club in the world plays Joey shite.

Whenever the class of 92 are asked what football United should play they all say 'Manchester United is about winning' which is code for reactive football that's invariably shite to watch so long as it gets results. Again, old fashioned thinking.

Nev said he's cutting back on being the expert on MNF because he feels he's no longer an expert on a game that has changed so much

Just a thought
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago Could it be that with Ole we're seeing the influence of Fergie, Charlton and the class of 92 aka the football men we've all said Ed should consult - but that they're simply out of date?
I agree with you Sid 100%. I believe that Ole has been working with Fergie and Charlton a lot closer than people know. The whole 'trying to bring identity back to the club with youth'. The whole 'United ethos' Fergie helped establish. However, I'm not sure that will be enough, there is so much money in the Premier League that "smaller" clubs can spend 40-50 million on players.

Fergie was massively lucky, as well as a brilliant coach. The class of 92' was a freak, a one-off. To be blessed with 5-6 genuine class at the same time, for free and Paul Scholes happens to be one of them (for me the best midfielder to grace the Premier League era) is so lucky. He purchased a fair few duds too.

I'm not taking anything away from Fergie's time but we were the financial power house that was unchallenged. We were the record spenders (Rio, Veron etc). Fergie is not stupid, he saw this coming and bounced.

The thing is, I do believe what we are doing was needed. We DO need an identity. Years of shit managers, ego purchases and panic buys. However, we are not efficient enough behind the scenes with regards to deals etc. If you are going to start a rebuild (which we undoubtedly have) then each transfer window needs to be planned to perfection. Our squad shouldn't be in this situation. It is not he 90's anymore. This whole 'British' only shit is not on, it's such a small mentality to have for one of the worlds biggest global teams.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

the difference in utd media batterings joey and gall got in comparison to ole and motes makes it obvious who were the taggart and charlton men and who were the woodward men,

charlton has always been anti joey, we all knew and said that at the time, and gall having giggs forced on him and hiding behind the same youth shite ole is now still weren't enough to pacify them, none of them argued against gaal being sacked the same day he won a pot, none of them argued that throwing maria and satchel at managers who didnt want em was a bad idea, none of them argued against the board choosing pog over joey, none of them thought maybe that may become a problem down the line, and now they blame pog for ole being shite

even now you only ever hear them listing joey and gaal as the managerial failures the club has made. when oles fucked off it should be the end, don't force carrick on the next manager, fuck him off and phelan clegg butt brown and the rest

instead the euros are this summer and if wales win a game giggs name enters the mix again tbf
lkhm

hoofing
danniitronix
First Teamer

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 4 years ago
I tried to reign it on as long as possible for you to give some sensible evidence but as expected, I’m confronted with a muppet who refuses to listen a la the Brexit pleb who things there are going to be more fish in the sea come a few weeks’ time and Boris will “get the job done” because we will rely on our “bulldog spirit”. Head in sand, daily mail login in his cookies and rockports nice and shiny.

This is not an argument. Do you understand that? Owners have given more cash to this football club than anyone in world football other than the Sultan of Gazzilions who own Citeh.

You’re the embodiment of the failed rebellion Right people, wrong argument. Total failure.
danniitronix
First Teamer

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago Could it be that with Ole we're seeing the influence of Fergie, Charlton and the class of 92 aka the football men we've all said Ed should consult - but that they're simply out of date?
I agree with you Sid 100%. I believe that Ole has been working with Fergie and Charlton a lot closer than people know. The whole 'trying to bring identity back to the club with youth'. The whole 'United ethos' Fergie helped establish. However, I'm not sure that will be enough, there is so much money in the Premier League that "smaller" clubs can spend 40-50 million on players.

Fergie was massively lucky, as well as a brilliant coach. The class of 92' was a freak, a one-off. To be blessed with 5-6 genuine class at the same time, for free and Paul Scholes happens to be one of them (for me the best midfielder to grace the Premier League era) is so lucky. He purchased a fair few duds too.

I'm not taking anything away from Fergie's time but we were the financial power house that was unchallenged. We were the record spenders (Rio, Veron etc). Fergie is not stupid, he saw this coming and bounced.

The thing is, I do believe what we are doing was needed. We DO need an identity. Years of shit managers, ego purchases and panic buys. However, we are not efficient enough behind the scenes with regards to deals etc. If you are going to start a rebuild (which we undoubtedly have) then each transfer window needs to be planned to perfection. Our squad shouldn't be in this situation. It is not he 90's anymore. This whole 'British' only shit is not on, it's such a small mentality to have for one of the worlds biggest global teams.
Baz, we only broke the transfer record on the buy side three times in Taggarts era. Rio, Cole and Veron. Not exactly smashing it out of the park year in and year out.

I’ll give opposite fans the argument that during the Glazer days we consistent spent more than other clubs but not during Fergie’s days and before then - we were at the top level but not by that much and when Amanorabitch took over Chelsea that killed is.

As Knobby says if you look at Gaal and Jose they have got us more pots and higher league positions than Gollum and Ole.

British Jack Jones cunt ‘em up v get the job done and the pretty fore play and post sex kisses will come later.
marlon
Legend

danniitronix wrote: 4 years ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 4 years ago
I tried to reign it on as long as possible for you to give some sensible evidence but as expected, I’m confronted with a muppet who refuses to listen a la the Brexit pleb who things there are going to be more fish in the sea come a few weeks’ time and Boris will “get the job done” because we will rely on our “bulldog spirit”. Head in sand, daily mail login in his cookies and rockports nice and shiny.

This is not an argument. Do you understand that? Owners have given more cash to this football club than anyone in world football other than the Sultan of Gazzilions who own Citeh.

You’re the embodiment of the failed rebellion Right people, wrong argument. Total failure.
When did they ever give the club cash?