Legend

1 month ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Wow, the club have released a statement on recruitment & investment after all of the recent criticism

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-20156235

Ed must be feeling the heat!
interesting...
Recruitment recommendations and decisions are worked on by this department and the manager and his team, not senior management.
is that code for Woodward saying "it's not my fault, it's Ole's"?
That's exactly how I read it too. Ole's not at the wheel, he's under the fucking bus.
also the fact that they're bringing up the concept of a DoF again... they only did that a few weeks before they gave Mourinho the chop
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Wow, the club have released a statement on recruitment & investment after all of the recent criticism

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-20156235

Ed must be feeling the heat!
interesting...
Recruitment recommendations and decisions are worked on by this department and the manager and his team, not senior management.
is that code for Woodward saying "it's not my fault, it's Ole's"?
Just how many more people can Woodward throw under the bus before the wheel come totally off the ground. It does have the looks of Woodward distancing and setting up an alibi for hisself.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ter-united

Nev with the ground breaking notion that we're 5 or 6 proven, quality players away from being any good. Just as we were in the summer, and the only dent we made was Maguire. James and AWB are still potential.

He's right that we have to follow through on a strategy, but he's missing the fucking point. If you're so short on quality, you have to be fucking ruthless. You can't take 2 years - which decent players are going to throw 2 years of their career away while we build? The only chance we'd have of signing an Eriksen, is if we convince him that we're also committed to doing deals in the same window for a Dybala, a Sancho, a Bruno and an Ndidi etc. You have to be properly ambitious, bite the bullet and front load the rebuild.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Absolutely right. I'm ok with a rebuild. But we're United, a rebuild should be two summers. Ok maybe not winning the title after two summers, but a proper competitive team. We're going to have a serious problem convincing players to join us now, even worse than last summer. We'll need to spend big, get a bunch at once, each one going knowing that the other one is as well.

And while I think it's somewhat true to say that Ole isn't the problem, you might need to think about getting an exciting manager like Poch that players want to work with, just to change the story, make the place appealing. How the fuck are you going to get the likes of Sancho to join us? I'm worried we haven't even hit rock bottom yet.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

If Ed sacks Ole he'll fuck the rebuild unless he hires a manager that plays the same way, and can work with the players we have. Cos things are shit but we do have a vision and we are actually buying to a plan, that of young, hungry players with quality that are (in theory) meant to play an assertive attacking style.

So does Poch fit the bill? He's too conservative for me. He likes 2 holding players. He'd require a lot of investment. Whereas Tuchel who were linked with yesterday makes more sense.

But it's down to Ed to hire the right man and not just go for a big name like Mourinho who'd want the squad destroying and rebuilding - again - so he can build a bus to park.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

Its moot for me. Until we put someone in charge of footballing affairs at the club, empowered properly to lead the club to success on the field, able to attract quality players and establish a footballing vision for the future, we can change the manager as many fucking times as we want, we'll just keep circling the toilet bowl and burning through cash.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Yeah I'd be happy to stick with Ole and put someone really respected and connected in as a proper Director of Football. Someone that agents and other clubs would take seriously. Someone who'd get our recruitment policy in order and be able to offer Ole a list of good targets for every position, going well beyond the UK. Someone with the experience and contacts to actually close a couple of smaller deals in Jan that would have flesh out our squad at least. I mean, we didn't even manage to replace Herrera for fuck's sake, and everyone agreed that he wasn't particularly special. But at least he could move the ball about quickly, you know, like you might expect a midfielder to be able to.
Steggo
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Yeah I'd be happy to stick with Ole and put someone really respected and connected in as a proper Director of Football. Someone that agents and other clubs would take seriously. Someone who'd get our recruitment policy in order and be able to offer Ole a list of good targets for every position, going well beyond the UK. Someone with the experience and contacts to actually close a couple of smaller deals in Jan that would have flesh out our squad at least. I mean, we didn't even manage to replace Herrera for fuck's sake, and everyone agreed that he wasn't particularly special. But at least he could move the ball about quickly, you know, like you might expect a midfielder to be able to.
I agree about the DoF. But that just shows how badly this club has been managed by Woodward etc. A DoF should have been in position before they appointed Ole. Yet they still dither. Is a DoF necessary? We don’t know because we’ve never had one but surely it’s worth a try!
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Saw this on twitter, haven't checked if it's accurate:
"Ole Gunnar Solskjær has won 48 points from his 27 league games as Manchester United manager so far (W14 D6 L7); the exact same record & points tally that Jose Mourinho oversaw in his final 27 Premier League games in charge of the club."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

phelan can fuck off an all tbf the twat, shite player and shite querioz
lkhm

hoofing