OGS.....

Manchester United chat
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer
Posts: 101
Joined: 1 month ago
Location: Prescott

3 weeks ago

Not even considering going for Pochettino is the epitome of how the club has been run the last half-a-dozen years. Instead of having a long term view of where the club wants to go and who is needed to get us there, instead go for the instant fix that gets the headline. Up to the permanent hiring of Ole the performance (and results) of the team and that gave Woodward an out; "Mourinho was the entire problem and now the team want to play for Ole". Hiring Ole before a director of football was a classic knee jerk reaction, and now we will spend the summer like a butterfly flittering from one transfer target to another with no plan and Woodward making all the calls and then able to blame Ole when they fail.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15059
Joined: 5 years ago

3 weeks ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 weeks ago
Maybe it’s wishful thinking but if Woodward doesn’t back Ole this summer and we start next season like we ended this one, then where does Woodward look for a manager? There isn’t a manager worth a shit who would take over a club after the board has shown repeatedly that they will not support their manager by getting them the players they want.

Under the current structure at United the manager lets Woodward know the players he wants and then must do the best he can with the player they are given. Even with the total collapse at the end I still maintain that Ole got much more out of that squad than Mourinho ever did or could.

Get Ole the players he wants; then if he cannot get them to perform we can think about sacking him.
I think you may have found the answer that seems to elude some of Rants more confused older posters.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15059
Joined: 5 years ago

3 weeks ago

Wonder is there a chance that Poch said no....? You know him being a brilliant manager he might have spotted a problem at United with the set-up. But we probably never even bothered to check him out......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer
Posts: 101
Joined: 1 month ago
Location: Prescott

3 weeks ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 weeks ago
Wonder is there a chance that Poch said no....? You know him being a brilliant manager he might have spotted a problem at United with the set-up. But we probably never even bothered to check him out......
Fair point about Pochettino saying no, also likely that that Levy just wanted too much money for his when we could get Ole at a bargain price.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 4846
Joined: 5 years ago

3 weeks ago

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2677

ffs the club did what you all wanted, accept the shite were about to be served up another fucking write off season tbf
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 6687
Joined: 5 years ago

3 weeks ago

Yeah nobody except maybe Laz was saying give him the job before the season is even over. Almost everyone was very explicit here throughout ole's winning streak in saying that so far so good, but it's too soon to say. I think almost everyone said it was too hasty to make it permanent when the club did. Obviously at the time of that thread, he'd done everything right. Hard to say you shouldn't give someone the job if they're winning every match.

And he might still work out. I fucking hope so.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5121
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 weeks ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 weeks ago
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2677

ffs the club did what you all wanted, accept the shite were about to be served up another fucking write off season tbf
all 4 of "us"
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15059
Joined: 5 years ago

2 weeks ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 weeks ago
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2677

ffs the club did what you all wanted, accept the shite were about to be served up another fucking write off season tbf
:-o

Acceptance makes it sound like we should have done something to prevent it. If it helps, i'm sorry for the Glazers....... Idiot!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 22599
Joined: 5 years ago

2 weeks ago

FuB wrote:
3 weeks ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 weeks ago
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2677

ffs the club did what you all wanted, accept the shite were about to be served up another fucking write off season tbf
all 4 of "us"
Knobhead never commits to an opinion in case he gets called out on it, unless it's Tim Sherwood and Hendo who he wants in midfield in place of Pogba and Matic
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5121
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

2 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
2 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
3 weeks ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 weeks ago
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2677

ffs the club did what you all wanted, accept the shite were about to be served up another fucking write off season tbf
all 4 of "us"
Knobhead never commits to an opinion in case he gets called out on it, unless it's Tim Sherwood and Hendo who he wants in midfield in place of Pogba and Matic
If we get rid of Lukaku he'll be wanting Kevin Davies to come out of retirement
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Post Reply