Ed Woodward, ballbag

Manchester United chat
jason_uk
First Teamer

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Is the demand that Ed Woodward fuck off
Basically yeah, which means oles going nowhere, and poch will sail off to better pastures.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

4 weeks ago

redzebs
Legend

4 weeks ago

Yeah firework and a flare and spray paint, what would they have done if someone had answered the clampets, "excuse me Ed, could you let us in please, wed like to use your shed to build a bonfi....I mean discuss transfer policy Mr Woodward."
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

4 weeks ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
4 weeks ago
Woodward's home gaff targeted

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-21381596
FUCK YEAH! Make his life miserable so he thinks it ain't worth it and fucks off. I can't see anything else working. He's taken the piss for too long, getting rich off the club, off the fans while he sets about destroying the club... It's gonna come back and bite you on the arse. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Also, I wonder if them annoucing the Fernandes deal has anything to do with this. It was during the first anti Glazer protest that we had our most successful period.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 weeks ago

Not that I condone it...but did laugh at this:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
dozer
Legend

3 weeks ago

Pathetic bunch of fans.
fat maradona
First Teamer

3 weeks ago

It's not something that I would condone but I can see why some fans would stoop to that level. Football, at it's heart, is the working man's game. Work your nuts off for 5 days and then go to the game on Saturday to cheer on your local team. Ok, so it's moved on from the very simple picture but at the very heart of it all, it does still exist. We are all mightily fucked off with how the club is being run and if some section of the fanbase take this personally, then fair johns.
redzebs
Legend

3 weeks ago

Need to be very careful Sid, we need to galvanise the whole stadium either all singing and/or not turning up for certain televised games and highlighting things for the world to see.

We are already getting flak from pundits, commentators, ex players etc etc and that is a load of bollocks,

The papers ran the United fans calling for Woodward "to die in a new sinister chant" which was shite stirring because it was the decades old build a bonfire chant just changed from City and scousers, hardly hardcore like is it?

Singing like fuck this weekend and a large chunk walking out on 58 minutes would keep things in the headlines and not let Woodward off the hook,

people say banners and scarves and singing don't work but if people protest while not fucking wearing replica tops with sponsors all over it eg green and gold scarf around your neck but a megastore bought shirt on,

Then I agree this could be much bigger than 2005 and 2010.

But (and ok, I get that some people will say it's apples and oranges) I have seen time and time and time again, so many issues/campaigns/civil disobedience when living in NI that had at the very least sympathy, if not lots of support, completely turn literally overnight into disgrace and condemnation because some muppets went too far.

All it would have taken/could even take now, is for Woodward's family to have been in or a firework hitting a window or a flare landing on a car etc. etc. to totally make worldwide headlines which will paint us all as scum,

At the minute, we still have press and fans taking a much more objective view and insight into why our core support feel betrayed, why the club is in bad shape, analysis into the finances of the club, even a story this week about one of the female Glazer kids using United shares as collateral to borrow another $11 million for personal funds,

One picture or story or social media post about/from his family that has his wife fearing her safety or his kids crying, and we are fucked.

Woodward becomes a victim and the owners and the idiots mismanaging the club get the total moral high ground.

Keep it vitriol around the ground, make the sponsors embarrassed, use social media in the right way to make companies think twice and/or reduce the amount they are prepared to pay to sponsor and be associated us, without going too far that we turn it so nasty that no one wants anything to do with us if and when things do turn more positive.

I'd love to see a full OT singing and protesting this weekend then thousands walking out at 58 mins, that would be a massive statement which is easy to promote.

Plus with so many podcasts and fan networks on you tube etc., and the progression of social media,

It should be much easier now than previously to get messages out there.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

redzebs wrote:
3 weeks ago
Need to be very careful Sid, we need to galvanise the whole stadium either all singing and/or not turning up for certain televised games and highlighting things for the world to see.

We are already getting flak from pundits, commentators, ex players etc etc and that is a load of bollocks,

The papers ran the United fans calling for Woodward "to die in a new sinister chant" which was shite stirring because it was the decades old build a bonfire chant just changed from City and scousers, hardly hardcore like is it?

Singing like fuck this weekend and a large chunk walking out on 58 minutes would keep things in the headlines and not let Woodward off the hook,

people say banners and scarves and singing don't work but if people protest while not fucking wearing replica tops with sponsors all over it eg green and gold scarf around your neck but a megastore bought shirt on,

Then I agree this could be much bigger than 2005 and 2010.

But (and ok, I get that some people will say it's apples and oranges) I have seen time and time and time again, so many issues/campaigns/civil disobedience when living in NI that had at the very least sympathy, if not lots of support, completely turn literally overnight into disgrace and condemnation because some muppets went too far.

All it would have taken/could even take now, is for Woodward's family to have been in or a firework hitting a window or a flare landing on a car etc. etc. to totally make worldwide headlines which will paint us all as scum,

At the minute, we still have press and fans taking a much more objective view and insight into why our core support feel betrayed, why the club is in bad shape, analysis into the finances of the club, even a story this week about one of the female Glazer kids using United shares as collateral to borrow another $11 million for personal funds,

One picture or story or social media post about/from his family that has his wife fearing her safety or his kids crying, and we are fucked.

Woodward becomes a victim and the owners and the idiots mismanaging the club get the total moral high ground.

Keep it vitriol around the ground, make the sponsors embarrassed, use social media in the right way to make companies think twice and/or reduce the amount they are prepared to pay to sponsor and be associated us, without going too far that we turn it so nasty that no one wants anything to do with us if and when things do turn more positive.

I'd love to see a full OT singing and protesting this weekend then thousands walking out at 58 mins, that would be a massive statement which is easy to promote.

Plus with so many podcasts and fan networks on you tube etc., and the progression of social media,

It should be much easier now than previously to get messages out there.
The handwringing from the media over fans chanting about how Woodward is apparently gonna die, and turning up his house and registering their displeasure at his destruction of United, weirdly coincides with Ed appointing former Sun journalist Neil Custis' media firm to change his image (a DoF would have been cheaper)

Here's his latest article "Ed Woodward is NOT to blame for Man Utd shambles… he has been let down by Glazers and managers" https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... solskjaer/

It's just PR to garner sympathy and deflect flak from Woodward wjose rightly being blamed

This cunt is destroying the club. What do you expect? United Is peoples lives, a religion, and it's being destroyed in front of their eyes. This is the passion they wank over so much when they're selling it to sponsors. It's the same at other clubs all over the world. Boca, Milan, Ajax. If you play with fire, you get burned.
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

Mad to see people on twitter passionately defend Ed more than shite like the NHS

This multi millionaire whose in charge of a huge PR machine, with major journos and editors willing to put out his spin

He doesn't need Dave from Wigan's help on twitter