Ed Woodward, ballbag

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

I think class a shares usually have full voting and dividend rights. It would be the b shares that would be inferior. Hence why he’s converted them.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/classashares.asp

Class A shares do carry greater voting rights than Class B shares.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

I was arse backwards on that one.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago
The sponsors: https://www.manutd.com/en/partners/global

226 fan clubs with contact details: https://www.manutd.com/en/fans/supporters-clubs

I don't know which are the biggest united forums?

I know Ed has ~70k followers on twitter. If we could get him and some of the other big accounts on board, that would help. Don't know anything about facebook but that's probably more important as its bigger.
This is more along the lines of what i'm thinking, reaching out to other fans groups and seeing what's possible in the new social media climate, the last time around there wasn't as open a media field to play on. I know nothing about social media but i'm up for drafting a plan. But what exactly do we want to happen/change? If we can't get an agreement on here then there's no chance of interesting anyone else.

I know we all like a row and a fight on here but can we put that bollocks aside and actually think about what we want to change and how that could happen? A stake for supporters should be on the list,.How much of a stake? How it would work,? How has it worked else where? And so on.

I'm not interested in fucking about and arguing with people about this or scoring points about the normal nonsense. I'm only interested in finding out what we want, what we could change and who could help us do that. I've had enough watching the club fall apart.
What we want is the Glazers gone, but ideally not to be replaced by some other wealthy owner, although, if they ran the club well, I guess a lot of fans would be fine with it. I think Germany has a 50% rule for fan ownership so maybe something similar should be our target? Also a lot of British clubs have issues with their owners so we could also reach out more widely if we want to force some legal change (Corbyn has discussed giving supporters the ability to fire and hire directors). Start with United fans though and a successful boycott would at least take the profit out of owning United.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

Whichever way you look at it the United on the NYSE is one hell of a convoluted situation, Tony Soprano keep a easier set of books to read.
International Business Times from February 2017.
The (red) devil is in the detail
As is often the case in this kind of situation, the devil was in the detail. At the time of the club's IPO, the shares put up for sale were divided into "A" and "B" classes and, following the listing, new shareholders, which included George Soros' investment company, controlled around 42% of Manchester United Class A shares.

However, under the dual-class share structure outlined in the IPO, that gave them only 1.3% of total voting power. Crucially, the Glazers, which retained 58% of Class A shares, also held all of Class B shares, which carried 10 times the voting weight and, therefore, left the American family with 98.7% of the voting power.
How I read this is that unless the Glazers want to sell there is no way they are going to be bought out.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago

226 fan clubs with contact details: https://www.manutd.com/en/fans/supporters-clubs

I know Ed has ~70k followers on twitter. If we could get him and some of the other big accounts on board, that would help. Don't know anything about facebook but that's probably more important as its bigger.
This is more along the lines of what i'm thinking, reaching out to other fans groups and seeing what's possible in the new social media climate, the last time around there wasn't as open a media field to play on. I know nothing about social media but i'm up for drafting a plan. But what exactly do we want to happen/change? If we can't get an agreement on here then there's no chance of interesting anyone else.

I know we all like a row and a fight on here but can we put that bollocks aside and actually think about what we want to change and how that could happen? A stake for supporters should be on the list,.How much of a stake? How it would work,? How has it worked else where? And so on.

I'm not interested in fucking about and arguing with people about this or scoring points about the normal nonsense. I'm only interested in finding out what we want, what we could change and who could help us do that. I've had enough watching the club fall apart.
What we want is the Glazers gone, but ideally not to be replaced by some other wealthy owner, although, if they ran the club well, I guess a lot of fans would be fine with it. I think Germany has a 50% rule for fan ownership so maybe something similar should be our target? Also a lot of British clubs have issues with their owners so we could also reach out more widely if we want to force some legal change (Corbyn has discussed giving supporters the ability to fire and hire directors). Start with United fans though and a successful boycott would at least take the profit out of owning United.
That's what we need, a meaningful fan stake if not full fan ownership. But that's a political decision not a football one. And it won't happen if you lot vote lib dem over brexit.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago

Spare me, Corbyn‘s favourite sport is cricket ffs. You think he knows or cares about anything other than sound bites? It honestly breaks my heart that so many decent people have put their faith in that Brexit loving insubstantial gobshite.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago

Anyone?

ffs
kunal4622
First Teamer

1 month ago

Back in the old days, I used to hear a lot from MUST. That's a good place to start. Genuine fans with shares or money should approach them and should come up with good stretagy how to overthrow these Glazer cunts. It could happen. Anything is possble in the world of business.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
marlon wrote:
1 month ago

Spare me, Corbyn‘s favourite sport is cricket ffs. You think he knows or cares about anything other than sound bites? It honestly breaks my heart that so many decent people have put their faith in that Brexit loving insubstantial gobshite.
As opposed to those rich neolib centrists who over the last 40 years have showb that they really care amidst the wars, managed annihilation of working class communities and mass deportations

Lots of people want to appear left wing, but when it comes to actually voting for a lefty, they don't - especially those who've done well in the last 20/30 years