Ed Woodward, ballbag

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I don't know if the club hurting financially is good for supporters or not. It might not shift the Glazers, and just make us spend less on football.

The revenue is going to take a hit in any case. We might not manage to sign as profitable a replacement for Chevrolet, because we really took them to the cleaners. We're losing CL participation money for another season, which is a good 60-80M I think. Plus the Adidas penalty for missing CL two seasons in a row, which is another 10-20M I think. All in all, that could be 100M or so less in revenue. That's a fucking drop.

The Fergie years made these twats think football was easy. I think they thought it was inconceivable that they'd fail to be top 4 ever.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

In the last 10 years we've spent £840m on the glazers and £790 on players. We're sitting on £300m of cash instead of paying of the debt that costs us 20m a year in interest or investing in the team. The Glazers take another 20m every year in dividends. The trouble isn't just shifting the Glazers, but shifting them without bringing in some other rich arsehole. With the debt the fans are the ones who actually paid to buy the club anyway. Glazers shouldn't get a penny. But the club hurting financially means the glazers hurt and tanking the value of the club is the only way to force them out.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

marlon wrote:
2 months ago
In the last 10 years we've spent £840m on the glazers and £790 on players. We're sitting on £300m of cash instead of paying of the debt that costs us 20m a year in interest or investing in the team. The Glazers take another 20m every year in dividends. The trouble isn't just shifting the Glazers, but shifting them without bringing in some other rich arsehole. With the debt the fans are the ones who actually paid to buy the club anyway. Glazers shouldn't get a penny. But the club hurting financially means the glazers hurt and tanking the value of the club is the only way to force them out.
I'm good with the Glazers taking 20m out per year on dividends, if that's all it is. It's not a non profit org. They own the club and they'll look to make profits; as long as it's reasonable I'm fine.
The glazers have invested in the club, but badly since Fergie. They've invested the most after City I think, and among the most in the world. It's the execution that's the problem.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
marlon wrote:
2 months ago
Now would be the perfect time for United fans to organise a boycott of the sponsors
I'm up for that but I don't think i buy anything they flog. Unless they sell topsoil or wood or tools..... But now would be a good time. How the fuck could we make it happen, seriously. Anybody up for a "How the fuck WE shift the Glazers and do it ourselves!" campaign thread? At least spitball how we'd go about it. Is MUST even still a thing? Are they doing anything?
I guess you organise on social media/(bigger)forums and reach out to fan clubs. Boycotting sponsors should be an easy one because no one's particularly invested in chevrolet or whoever so it shouldn't take much convincing, but unless you can actually convince sponsors to pull out, you're waiting for renegotiations for it to bite. Probably more important to make the United brand toxic than actually stop buying cars etc. so the emphasis would be on publicity. Official merchandising is a big one and would be a more immediate hit. It will be much harder to convince people to stop going to matches, but not buying food/drink at the concessions or spending at the store would make a difference.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
marlon wrote:
2 months ago
I'm good with the Glazers taking 20m out per year on dividends, if that's all it is. It's not a non profit org. They own the club and they'll look to make profits; as long as it's reasonable I'm fine.
The glazers have invested in the club, but badly since Fergie. They've invested the most after City I think, and among the most in the world. It's the execution that's the problem.
The PL is the worst big league in terms of ownership and even here, the glazers are the only ones who take dividends. They own it but they didn't buy it - they drowned the club in a mountain of debt - nothing is reasonable. The glazers have only taken money out of the club, they haven't invested a penny. The club has spent it's own money. And you're right, we spend enough to be successful, but we also have Woodward because of the Glazers, so the execution is also on them.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

The sponsors: https://www.manutd.com/en/partners/global

226 fan clubs with contact details: https://www.manutd.com/en/fans/supporters-clubs

I don't know which are the biggest united forums?

I know Ed has ~70k followers on twitter. If we could get him and some of the other big accounts on board, that would help. Don't know anything about facebook but that's probably more important as its bigger.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
marlon wrote:
2 months ago
Nothing worse than normal people defending rich cunts unjustified wealth. I'll never understand that bootlicker mentality.
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

marlon wrote:
2 months ago
The sponsors: https://www.manutd.com/en/partners/global

226 fan clubs with contact details: https://www.manutd.com/en/fans/supporters-clubs

I don't know which are the biggest united forums?

I know Ed has ~70k followers on twitter. If we could get him and some of the other big accounts on board, that would help. Don't know anything about facebook but that's probably more important as its bigger.
This is more along the lines of what i'm thinking, reaching out to other fans groups and seeing what's possible in the new social media climate, the last time around there wasn't as open a media field to play on. I know nothing about social media but i'm up for drafting a plan. But what exactly do we want to happen/change? If we can't get an agreement on here then there's no chance of interesting anyone else.

I know we all like a row and a fight on here but can we put that bollocks aside and actually think about what we want to change and how that could happen? A stake for supporters should be on the list,.How much of a stake? How it would work,? How has it worked else where? And so on.

I'm not interested in fucking about and arguing with people about this or scoring points about the normal nonsense. I'm only interested in finding out what we want, what we could change and who could help us do that. I've had enough watching the club fall apart.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

2 months ago

I think (hope) Woodward has set the groundwork for his own dimmis. Ever since arriving at United Woodward has been touted as a really good businessman that knew jack all about football. He has sold the United name to anyone or anything that has a logo and some that don’t, but realistically how much selling did he really have to do? While United was winning titles it seemed like ever company in the world wanted to be associated United and were willing to pay whatever was needed for that privilege, but are they going to want to pay the same amount to have a mid-table teams logo on their product?

Revenues have grown over the Glazer years but from what I can find the television contracts are the big reason behind revenue growth for all premier teams, the old adage - “a rising tide lifts all ships”. I don’t think that Woodward is going to be able to take responsibility for that revenue growth, revenue from European football has been nothing to write home about and operating cost are some of the highest in the league. Woodward has committed what is usually a fatal mistake for most businesses, he has used up all the goodwill the club had created over the years, he has financially hurt his sponsors by not maintaining the product he sold, this point will make it very difficult to maintain growth (profit) for his bosses and he has radically pissed off just about every United fan worldwide. If the fans can organize and even threaten to boycott any sponsor it may be enough to frighten off or at least make very cautious any new sponsors.

I can see a scenario where he is dropped from the day-to-day football “market” to organize the stock sale on the NYSE, that sale would be total profit for the Glazers. Even for the blood sucking Glazers $3 billion, United’s market capitalization, is a lot of money - especially when it would all be profit.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago