Ed Woodward, ballbag

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
I'd heard about that article Bman, but not read it because the Athletic (which is apparently the best football journalism you can read) is behind a paywall. So thanks for posting.

This bit doesn't surprise me

"On this theme there is a suspicion among some agents that Woodward, for all his supposed intentions to appoint a “head of football”, enjoys the glamour of the game too much to ever truly relinquish"

I've always got that impression from him, that he loves the limelight. You see it on the summer tours. I just hope the fact that he's a laughing stock and considered largely to blame for United's fall from grace, that it dents his pride so much he quietly fucks off or at least passes over responsibility to a knowledgeable DoF. He would get a lot of credit for doing so, the credit he probably craves.
I’ve been very harsh on Ole, but that piece makes me feel like I’ve been to harsh on him. Then again, that might reflect the fact that Ole’s gang spoke a lot to the reporter. There’s certainly different things coming out of the club at the moment.
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

Moyes rejected the best midfielder in the world because he wasn't familiar with him. what a twat
kunal4622
First Teamer

3 months ago

It is just getting very irritating the whole thing. The owners, board and the manager, none of them are competant and are totally unproven. They still think we are stupid and are still selling us false stories again & again. I am starting to hate seeing Ole now on screen as well as the players with their false confidenace on face. We are fucking fuming what they have done to this club after SAF. FUCK!!! Embarassing... fucking cunts. useless footballers, many of them wont be able to have successful career in any other premier league team even. HOw do you react to Lingard getting new contract. I cannot afford to break my TV. fucking losers..
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Just about to post that article. Great read. Massive insider info.... also massive bell end.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
Moyes rejected the best midfielder in the world because he wasn't familiar with him. what a twat
I don’t know if I’d call him the best midfielder in the world, but he was definitely class and what we needed. That was rumoured at the time. Shocking. Moyes was just too small for the job, a bottler. Tbh I’m worried that Ole is too, not insisting on some fucking midfield and goal scoring signings.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Insightful comments by Fellaini here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... e-fellaini

It is absurd that the club is now banging on about a long term plan and a rebuild and a new philosophy, having sacked Gaal who was far more qualified than Ole to do that.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
3 months ago
IT'S LIKE A NEW SIGNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -from-2021
Tbf this piece from Sky is full of United spin. The reality is Chevrolet don't want to renew, so we're having to shop around. And the idea that a new sponsor would pay more than the record breaking Chevrolet one is just United speculating.
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

Now would be the perfect time for United fans to organise a boycott of the sponsors
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
Now would be the perfect time for United fans to organise a boycott of the sponsors
I'm up for that but I don't think i buy anything they flog. Unless they sell topsoil or wood or tools..... But now would be a good time. How the fuck could we make it happen, seriously. Anybody up for a "How the fuck WE shift the Glazers and do it ourselves!" campaign thread? At least spitball how we'd go about it. Is MUST even still a thing? Are they doing anything?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
marlon wrote:
3 months ago
I'm up for that but I don't think i buy anything they flog. Unless they sell topsoil or wood or tools..... But now would be a good time. How the fuck could we make it happen, seriously. Anybody up for a "How the fuck WE shift the Glazers and do it ourselves!" campaign thread? At least spitball how we'd go about it. Is MUST even still a thing? Are they doing anything?
Might as well start the thread. There's a few things I can add about MUST etc. And at very least we can trace the upcoming anti Glazer protests - because presumably it's going to kick off as things aren't going to get any better this season.