Expectations next season

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

redzebs wrote:
2 years ago
For fuck sake, the amount of assumption that we need a load MORE players???

I hope he recovers for the World Cup and I never want to see a player hurt but I hope he misses the FA Cup final and Rashford and or Martial start, then we’ll be forced to have to try and play proper football
I agree on the CBs - doubt we'll sign one. Smalling's been first choice all season, he just gave Rojo a long extension and he's bought two. And we have Jones on top of that.

We need a RB though and a CM who can pass

Could be because he hasn't played much there since Gaal left, but Rashford has no presence up front when he gets the odd chance. He's better from the left right now. I'd play Martial instead or maybe both in a 2.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
Sid wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah and countless top pros rate Shaw as well. He just has things he needs to work on like all young players do. His is his fitness. But Jose is using it as an excuse to get rid and replace him with Rose which is depressing.
BOOM....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plym ... 360834.amp

Includes Poch, Hodgson and LVG...

So....yea it must be Jose’s fault!! =))
BOOM... it says exactly what I said. They're questioning his fitness and application, and like I said these are the things he needs to work on.

But in football terms he's still an exciting prospect. He's got an attacking mind and is more of a creative attacking threat than any of our other fullbacks. It just needs someone to get him on board with the plan, and going by Jose's track record it won't be him.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
2 years ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
Sid wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah and countless top pros rate Shaw as well. He just has things he needs to work on like all young players do. His is his fitness. But Jose is using it as an excuse to get rid and replace him with Rose which is depressing.
BOOM....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plym ... 360834.amp

Includes Poch, Hodgson and LVG...

So....yea it must be Jose’s fault!! =))
Perhaps you should have quoted zebs' post instead of Sid's given that it was zebs questioning your earlier assertion. Otherwise it just looks like all you care about is to argue with Sid and the underlying point isn't actually important to you.
Aye looks like Snoop got a bit excited thinking he had one over on me and mixed up his replies

He does seem a bit obsessed with me and Laz tbf. He still thinks we're the leaders of the agenda against Jose, as if we're influencing global media and no doubt when he gets the boot, the board as well.
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:
2 years ago
My understanding of the Shaw situation is that he just doesn't have a professional's discipline. Some previous managers, Hodgson I think for one, kept someone on him all the time make sure he ate the right things and did the right workouts — we've seen that he has a tendency to balloon up if left to his own devices. I think there's talk of him maybe suffering from depression or something like that. You can see how that can be a problem for team morale. People were saying "oh the players hate Jose for having a go at Shaw", but there were probably plenty of players complaining about him getting special treatment. Jose played McT instead of Pogba to make the point that doing the work counts more than your reputation.

Whatever his flaws, it's clear that group psychology and team morale is one of Jose's great strengths as a manager, if not his single best strength. It's notable that things only went off the rails at Chelsea and Real — two clubs where the big name players have more power than the manager, and talk directly to the owner or the owner's representatives, over the manager's head. The players at Porto and Inter thought he was a god, as do a lot of the Chelsea players.

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying, when it comes to man management, that's one of the areas where I'm willing to give Jose the benefit of the doubt.
I do follow what you're saying bman but it's also clear that there's a massive swing towards more and more player power in the game. Whilst I agree that Mourinho does go all out to create a group mentality (and when it works for him, the results follow) but he does seem to have huge problems reining in the bigger egos so it can easily all explode around him.... especially if they are the centrepieces of the team.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:
2 years ago
My understanding of the Shaw situation is that he just doesn't have a professional's discipline. Some previous managers, Hodgson I think for one, kept someone on him all the time make sure he ate the right things and did the right workouts — we've seen that he has a tendency to balloon up if left to his own devices. I think there's talk of him maybe suffering from depression or something like that. You can see how that can be a problem for team morale. People were saying "oh the players hate Jose for having a go at Shaw", but there were probably plenty of players complaining about him getting special treatment. Jose played McT instead of Pogba to make the point that doing the work counts more than your reputation.

Whatever his flaws, it's clear that group psychology and team morale is one of Jose's great strengths as a manager, if not his single best strength. It's notable that things only went off the rails at Chelsea and Real — two clubs where the big name players have more power than the manager, and talk directly to the owner or the owner's representatives, over the manager's head. The players at Porto and Inter thought he was a god, as do a lot of the Chelsea players.

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying, when it comes to man management, that's one of the areas where I'm willing to give Jose the benefit of the doubt.
You see team morale as one of our strengths????? What evidence is there to support that?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
2 years ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
FuB wrote:
2 years ago
so you're replying to Sid in response to something zebs posted (i.e. about other managers)

that starts to come over a bit like an obsession with Sid doesn't it?
Ffs, no- it’s in reply to him slagging Jose re Shaw

You harassing me about my replies is the obsession- surely that’s taking your mod thing a bit far?
Oh get fucked. You've been a prissy little arse about Ed giving me mod status (which I didn't want nor ask for) since day one. I'm responding as another poster. That I could "moderate" your posts is entirely beside the point given that I don't fucking do it, do I? Even when you have your little childish episodes trying to get me to delete you.

It's the same little childish root you have that means you just can't take five minutes away from your desperate attempts to get one over Laz and Sid. It's dull, mate. Really dull. They just bat you away like bored cats every time.
:joint: :eatpopcorn:
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 years ago

Don't you fucking start. [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
2 years ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 years ago

Don't you fucking start. [-X
I'm not, that's the point. I'm staying out of it, it's not fair when a number of people gang up on someone. You can debate with Snoops on your own your Modship!
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
2 years ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
FuB wrote:
2 years ago
so you're replying to Sid in response to something zebs posted (i.e. about other managers)

You harassing me about my replies is the obsession- surely that’s taking your mod thing a bit far?
Oh get fucked. You've been a prissy little arse about Ed giving me mod status (which I didn't want nor ask for) since day one. I'm responding as another poster. That I could "moderate" your posts is entirely beside the point given that I don't fucking do it, do I? Even when you have your little childish episodes trying to get me to delete you.

It's the same little childish root you have that means you just can't take five minutes away from your desperate attempts to get one over Laz and Sid. It's dull, mate. Really dull. They just bat you away like bored cats every time.
Nah don’t think so tbf- just coz you share the same Shite opinion as Laz and Sid doesn’t make you ‘right’
Don’t get all righteous on me and tell me who I can and can’t reply to ...so YOU get fucked tbh

And you think they ‘bat me away’?! You think I care what they say back to me?
I give my opinion and they try to come up with new shit things to slag Jose etc- just like Pogbas goals not being good enough coz they were the 3rd goal in a match etc

Enjoy your rant tho
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
FuB wrote:
2 years ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
FuB wrote:
2 years ago

Nah don’t think so tbf- just coz you share the same Shite opinion as Laz and Sid doesn’t make you ‘right’
Don’t get all righteous on me and tell me who I can and can’t reply to ...so YOU get fucked tbh

And you think they ‘bat me away’?! You think I care what they say back to me?
I give my opinion and they try to come up with new shit things to slag Jose etc- just like Pogbas goals not being good enough coz they were the 3rd goal in a match etc

Enjoy your rant tho
what rant?

where was I being righteous? it's you who seems to have a problem with me simply because you seem to still have this playground mentality that there are "gangs" who all "share the same Shite opinion" and, in your mind, i'm somehow part of a faction simply because I dared to criticise your current posting behaviour.

but, really... listen to yourself. Go back over your posts... you spend nearly all of your time trying to find new and novel ways to get one over Laz and Sid. Quite frankly they could give it a rest too but they don't seem nearly as driven and as singular as you do right now.

"You think I care what they say back to me?"... Well, the fact you continually snipe at them and then avoid any questions they put back to you answers that question both in the positive and the negative. I'm pretty sure they both DO care what you say to them so the fact that, here, you're literally stating that you throw shit at them and then care little for the results doesn't make you the big man in this.