Expectations next season

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Perriera has not be dynamite at Valencia
He’s been bench fodder mostly

Shaw - I don’t think it’s down to coaching ffs....he’s been called out by 4 different managers already!!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

4 managers at Utd when LVG approved him or are we twisting it and saying someone said something negative when he was 18 even though he played every week.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah and countless top pros rate Shaw as well. He just has things he needs to work on like all young players do. His is his fitness. But Jose is using it as an excuse to get rid and replace him with Rose which is depressing.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah and countless top pros rate Shaw as well. He just has things he needs to work on like all young players do. His is his fitness. But Jose is using it as an excuse to get rid and replace him with Rose which is depressing.
BOOM....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plym ... 360834.amp

Includes Poch, Hodgson and LVG...

So....yea it must be Jose’s fault!! =))

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
Sid wrote:
2 years ago
BOOM....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plym ... 360834.amp

Includes Poch, Hodgson and LVG...

So....yea it must be Jose’s fault!! =))
Perhaps you should have quoted zebs' post instead of Sid's given that it was zebs questioning your earlier assertion. Otherwise it just looks like all you care about is to argue with Sid and the underlying point isn't actually important to you.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

I already quoted Zebs before
My reply is to Sid, is that ok?!

FuB
Legend

2 years ago

so you're replying to Sid in response to something zebs posted (i.e. about other managers)

that starts to come over a bit like an obsession with Sid doesn't it?
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
2 years ago
so you're replying to Sid in response to something zebs posted (i.e. about other managers)

Ffs, no- it’s in reply to him slagging Jose re Shaw

You harassing me about my replies is the obsession- surely that’s taking your mod thing a bit far?

FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
FuB wrote:
2 years ago

Ffs, no- it’s in reply to him slagging Jose re Shaw

You harassing me about my replies is the obsession- surely that’s taking your mod thing a bit far?
Oh get fucked. You've been a prissy little arse about Ed giving me mod status (which I didn't want nor ask for) since day one. I'm responding as another poster. That I could "moderate" your posts is entirely beside the point given that I don't fucking do it, do I? Even when you have your little childish episodes trying to get me to delete you.

It's the same little childish root you have that means you just can't take five minutes away from your desperate attempts to get one over Laz and Sid. It's dull, mate. Really dull. They just bat you away like bored cats every time.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

My understanding of the Shaw situation is that he just doesn't have a professional's discipline. Some previous managers, Hodgson I think for one, kept someone on him all the time make sure he ate the right things and did the right workouts — we've seen that he has a tendency to balloon up if left to his own devices. I think there's talk of him maybe suffering from depression or something like that. You can see how that can be a problem for team morale. People were saying "oh the players hate Jose for having a go at Shaw", but there were probably plenty of players complaining about him getting special treatment. Jose played McT instead of Pogba to make the point that doing the work counts more than your reputation.

Whatever his flaws, it's clear that group psychology and team morale is one of Jose's great strengths as a manager, if not his single best strength. It's notable that things only went off the rails at Chelsea and Real — two clubs where the big name players have more power than the manager, and talk directly to the owner or the owner's representatives, over the manager's head. The players at Porto and Inter thought he was a god, as do a lot of the Chelsea players.

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying, when it comes to man management, that's one of the areas where I'm willing to give Jose the benefit of the doubt.