Expectations next season

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

We said that we had to challenge for the title this season but then once Jose started with the excuses everyody believed em, you can't judge him until he's bought another 4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 4 wingers and a striker etc
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 years ago

The expectations should be a title challenge and last 4 of the CL. And better football.

But I think we'll get similar to this season.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
2 years ago
The expectations should be a title challenge and last 4 of the CL. And better football.

Expect to get to semi’s?!

Do you also expect england to get to semi’s of the WC too?!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Woodward expected quarters this year. Semis would be progress, no?
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
2 years ago

One of the things you have in common with Jose..... :|
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
2 years ago

We should’ve reached the quarters this season. And with another summer of big spending, targets should be made more challenging. We’re one of the biggest clubs in world football. It’ll be his 3rd season.

Yes, semi finals of the CL is a realistic target all things considered.
Robbo
Legend

2 years ago

Next season we should be challenging for the title as we only need two points to secure second, looking at the table City have won six games more and some of those games were against teams that we should have beaten. Champions League a minimum of quarter finals but we should be aiming to go all the way, League and FA Cups doesnt really matter as such, but if its possible to win them then go for it I say.
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
2 years ago
2 years ago

Stupid comparison that in order to defend Jose. If Southgate could buy in 8 new players at 400m from all over the world then expectations for England in the World Cup would change.
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Robbo wrote:
2 years ago
Next season we should be challenging for the title as we only need two points to secure second, looking at the table City have won six games more and some of those games were against teams that we should have beaten. Champions League a minimum of quarter finals but we should be aiming to go all the way, League and FA Cups doesnt really matter as such, but if its possible to win them then go for it I say.
Spot on.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

For fuck sake, the amount of assumption that we need a load MORE players???

Bailey is boss, he’ll be fit, Rojo was coming good until injures and has signed a new contract.

Look what happens when we play 4231, shite boring hoofball to Lakaku to knock it to one of the three running from behind him.

That’s how we beat Liverpool.

Look at it now, 4 3 3, Sanchez and Pogba look twice the players, but here’s Jose’s dilemma, he will not drop Lakaku but the fans want to see good football, everyone writing off Herrera, he’s shite, he’s a Spanish b team ballix, player of the fuckin year and played a 6 with no complaints for Jose because he hadn’t signed Matic yet.

Money money money, how about Carrick goes, Fellani goes or is happy getting the odd battering tan which to his credit works but he should not be part of a team plan a)

All these fucking defenders we need??

Bin Darmian and Blind, you’ve Bailey Rojo Lindelof Jones Smalling Tuanzabe to promote Fosu Mensah coming back, Keep Young and TV as squad full backs if you want but Shaw I still think if actually coached properly, the wee lads 22 and has proven himself before signing for us, why is he not playing all remaining games, never got a fair crack of the whip.

Sky were right, although Fellani won it, what the fuck must Mata be thinking, benched the whole game, a player of his quality?

And the one everyone’s forgetting, Perriera, that kid is fuckin dynamite, left right 10 6 8, no problem, but we’ll sell him for £12 million to Valencia or some other team because he’s not good enough apparantly even though Valencia would probably turn us over.

Young Scott McT looks tidy too.

So the dilemma is, spunk loads more money instead of letting a few go and making a few non sensational signings that will benefit the team or purge and spunk money left right and centre on mancacticos.

The second dilemma, 4 3 3 is best, let’s players express themselves and know they have more cover.

But the big Belgian just flicks on balls to?.......Nobody because the two either side are slightly further away and their roles change slightly and he has no ten, and yes, the extra midfield can push up but they aren’t as high as a supporting striker.

And no fucking harm, Utd were cooing in house about Lakaku scoring 28 goals,

Really? He’s played every game with players like Pogba, Sanchez second half of the season, Mata, and the three young uns Lingard Rashford and Martial (Best goals and assists ratio in the whole squad and people want him sold. Fuck me.)

Salah is playing with Henderson, Milnerand Can, Which one of them is as good as Pogba again?

Is Mane better than Sanchez?

Must have played about 50 odd games as the main man and his goals are skewed like braces in the last 10 mins against shite teams.

The talent is there, he just needs to let them play and if it means dropping Lakaku sometimes, fuck it.

I hope he recovers for the World Cup and I never want to see a player hurt but I hope he misses the FA Cup final and Rashford and or Martial start, then we’ll be forced to have to try and play proper football
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.