Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:
2 years ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 years ago
So who realistically are we going to replace Jose with?
That's the problem. On of the one hand I'm inclined to stick with Jose because of his track record and because the manager merry go round is madness that's killing this club. On the other hand, the football is shit and he seems to be in the process right now of doing exactly what I feared most about him -- getting rid of all the young players with some talent to sign old experienced players at great cost, some of whom might be good, but all will need replacing in a couple of years.

He's basically binning Pogba. He's as good as sold Martial and replaced him with Sanchez. Sanchez who has been given 530 consecutive minutes in the PL and scored one measly goal against a shite side. Martial, Rashford, Lingard -- not one of them has ever gotten anything like 530 minutes in a row from Jose, but they've all done a fuckload more with the time they have been given than Sanchez has. Martial has 14 times as many goals and assists than Sanchez in less than three times the number of PL minutes, and he's been given those minutes here and there, the odd start every few weeks, the odd sub's appearance. How might Martial -- or Rash or even Lingard -- be doing if they had been given the kind of backing and steady run that Sanchez has?

And Shaw's obviously gone. I'm less fussed about him, but he still seems like a talented player not given a fair shout.
Can I get an AMEN!!!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

marlon wrote:
2 years ago
It's a merry go round cause we made three bad choices. Just need a coach who actually likes football
That'll do for me.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Michael O’Neill, gift!

But would a young British manager who’ll just let them play be so bad? Doesn’t have to be British but just someone who can identify with the club quickly and will take the leash off and can motivate players.

If Spurs beat us at Wembley I’d have him gone, we’ll know whether we are pretty much guaranteed top four by then as well or if we could still miss out.

Get Carlo in as interim and if the team suddenly seem happy and the footballs nice to watch, then consider bringing him in for a few years with the goal to bring in someone as an assistant with at least a year to go and gradually give them more authority and then they take over.

I don’t mind that idea and the thing is, we can’t fuck up our next appointment, we just can’t, and Carlo is as close to a safe pair of hands and knowledgeable and respected enough that he can go in and have the players get a bit of confidence back etc.

The thing is, when players know a manager is going then sometimes they don’t give a fuck, eg look at Pogba, he knows either him or Jose won’t be there come the start of 19/20.

IF you could get someone like Ancolotti for next season or two seasons, there’ll be no drama and we’ll be half decent to watch, what we win who knows but it would settle the club and fans down.

IF you did that then I’d be going to the likes of Eddie Howe and saying would you be an assistant, a very hands on one while learning the players and also spending a year with a proper legend of the game with a view to taking full control at the end of the year.

I think the problem we have is every manager has to get to know the players as people, as players, as to how adaptable they are with a view of playing the new managers style.

Getting an interim in gives a chance to get to see the whole squad in training and experiment a bit during matches so you’ve seen players competitively playing under your instructions so you’ve a proper idea of who to bin and if you’re eventually handing the reigns over to the younger man, you’ll both maybe not agree on everything but again, he/they both can see what’s needed the next year, who’s developing, who’s leaving etc.

If we just sack Jose and hire an older manager then it might be great for 2/3 years but then you’re looking for another new manager who needs to get to know etc etc.

You could potentially have players that have started fresh, new way of playing etc. under 5-6 different fucking managers.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Davel
Legend

2 years ago

I`m not as charitable as you lot, i`d sack the cunt today. fuck this if we lose this game or that, or maybe 1 more season, i`d send him a text right now at 5.38am say your fired, fuck off back to london you loser. and then spend the next 3 months getting the right gut in
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
2 years ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Yeah I've had enough too.

But who do we replace him with to:

a) Not set us back - again, and
b) actually take us forward?

Poch? Tuchel? Ancellotti?
Ancellotti would at least take us back to no nonsense football and he's got prem experience.

Why not Allegri, though? I still don't understand why people wank over Conte yet neglect to consider him.
Ancelotti showed at Bayern that he no longer has it. Tuchel would be my choice.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

Haven't we just given Mourinho a contract extension?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

swampash wrote:
2 years ago
Haven't we just given Mourinho a contract extension?
yeah, but it was just a token one year extension
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
fat maradona
Star Man

2 years ago

Thomas Tuchel isn't working, we should be taking a gamble on him.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

swampash wrote:
2 years ago
FuB wrote:
2 years ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Yeah I've had enough too.

But who do we replace him with to:

a) Not set us back - again, and
b) actually take us forward?

Poch? Tuchel? Ancellotti?
Ancellotti would at least take us back to no nonsense football and he's got prem experience.

Why not Allegri, though? I still don't understand why people wank over Conte yet neglect to consider him.
Ancelotti showed at Bayern that he no longer has it. Tuchel would be my choice.
Aye but you’re not really playing with the idea then chum, you’d make Tuchel a Moyes LVG Jose, just the next manager.

If he takes a squad full of good players with at least 3 mega stars and sone fucking unbelievable experienced youth and he gets to add a few players so none of us can moan and we settle and are competing next season then fine.

But if he doesn’t pan out, then we are fucked, we are two to three transfer windows away of being a Glazer statement, we wish our new (whoever the cunt is) the best of luck and share his passion about Manchester United bringing through and buying and developing young players.

The money spent v money in at a high enough level to keep the owners happy isn’t far away. Finishing second and having Sanchez Pogba etc. for now anyway,

As long as no sponsor kicks off and one or two of the window makers are sauntering round in Florida asking Disney Land if they want to sponsor us and they say a few locals and tourists who couldn’t find Manchester on a map with Zlatan or Pogba shirts on, they will not give two fucks.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Meanwhile, former United manager Louis van Gaal has renewed his attack on Woodward over the handling of his sacking but does not blame Mourinho for taking his job. “I am not disappointed with Jose Mourinho. Every coach wants to train Manchester United, it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world,” Van Gaal told Sport Bild. “I think Jose wanted that too and had the opportunity, despite being laid off in 13th, on a fantastic team like Chelsea. I was in fourth place! I still do not blame him.

“What I find wrong is when a CEO [Woodward] says we’re totally happy with you, do not believe the press. Then you win the FA Cup and still be fired.”

Van Gaal also claimed Pep Guardiola is playing the brand of football at Manchester City that he envisaged for United. “Pep Guardiola is for me currently the best coach of the Premier League,” he said. “Pep made City a machine. He shows a football that I would have liked to play at Manchester United. But he has better players for it. For me, the process would have taken longer. Unfortunately, I did not get the time.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -trafford/