is satchel much cop

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

Now out for potentially 6 weeks with a hamstring injury... https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46399608

will we even miss him?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Nope
marlon
Legend

9 months ago

was hoping he'd leave in january
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

marlon wrote:
9 months ago
was hoping he'd leave in january
it's amazing how a lucrative end of career contract can bring on a timely injury, isn't it?
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

9 months ago

Bring in the right manager, pick the right players around him and he'd be quality.
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
9 months ago
Bring in the right manager, pick the right players around him and he'd be quality.
i'd like to see it but, by the time we get rid of miserychops, the club will be out of contention for next year's Champions League and hardy an attractive prospect for any players to come in and he'll be another year older - at least... because there's no fucking guarantee they'll be getting rid of the manager till his contract runs out, despite what we want! . I appreciate that the manager is the larger part of the problem but there's not a great deal of evidence we already have the right players to play around him.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

9 months ago

The squad does need a rebuild, under a different manager, for sure. But even allowing for that, you could put a team out with a different ethos of playing on the front foot, with intensity and focus on technique, right now.

De Gea
Dalot Bailly Rojo Shaw
Herrera
Mata Fred
Lingard Sanchez Martial

Lots of emphasis on movement and positional interchange with the front 3 - like Mane, Salah, Firminho do. High pressing. there's plenty of energy and pace in that side and both centre backs are better defending high than they are sitting back.

Rashford, Perreira, Gomes, Smalling/Jones/Lindelof, Chong, Grant on the bench.

Bin off Poga, Matic, Fellaini, Young, Valencia, Lukaku, and at least 1 of the centre backs.

Piece of piss.

A good manager could make major changes to how we play with 3-4 of the right ins and outs over January/Summer. The same again the following 12 months. With the resources we have at our disposal, it shouldn't be that fucking hard.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Ash is right, we definitely need to play more technical football

I remember when Anthony Joshua did a promo thing at Carrtington before one of his fights. He met the players, and you'd expect an 18 stone, 6ft 6" pro boxer to tower over footballers. But he literally just blended in :)) So many of our players are over 6ft, and lots are 6ft 2-4 - then there's Fellaini and Matic who're even a bit taller than him. It's a fucking joke.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

9 months ago

Sid wrote:
9 months ago
Ash is right, we definitely need to play more technical football

I remember when Anthony Joshua did a promo thing at Carrtington before one of his fights. He met the players, and you'd expect an 18 stone, 6ft 6" pro boxer to tower over footballers. But he literally just blended in :)) So many of our players are over 6ft, and lots are 6ft 2-4 - then there's Fellaini and Matic who're even a bit taller than him. It's a fucking joke.
I'm surprised Jose didn't try to sign the cunt. Then moan like hell because he's not very good.
marlon
Legend

8 months ago

will he be good now