Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Aye they've got a draw at Old Trafford to look forward to
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 years ago

They're in there on merit. They've got to bring more to the table than fucking Sunderland tbf
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

3 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:look at fucking huddersfield in all that lot ffs
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40727972

Might get a bit harder to find streams this season...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

"It will allow us to quickly and effectively block and disrupt the illegal broadcast of Premier League football via any means, including so called 'pre-loaded Kodi boxes'

Hopefully it's just aimed at Kodi box users, not all streams. If it's the latter then I'm done watching football tbf as will a lot of fans. The Prem audience will fall further than it has already. The people who're arsed about top flight football and all the overhyped narratives will reduce a shitload as well. It will become a sport for the minority of those that can afford the ridiculous subscription fees, because it's not like most people can afford to physically go to the actual games anymore

It'll become what advertisers and broadcasters want, a bourgeoise sport aimed at more affluent audiences like most british sports
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

I hope you're right, Harry. The broadcasters need to see the benefits of streaming - it keeps fans interested in the game, it keeps people discussing football, the narratives, the dramas, top 4, relegation, title race etc. Without joe bloggs' interest and enthusiasm top flight football becomes a niche sport like tennis, cricket, golf which are nowhere near as popular. Also some people who stream get hooked and end up buying a Sky or BT package to watch it on a proper TV in HD.

Sky are in a bit of a pickle tbh. Their profits and viewing figures are down thanks to competition from cheaper pay TV like Netflix and Amazon. And they've just forked out billions for Prem football. So they're taking radical action. There's that article on the guardian about them redoing their entire sports services, scrapping channels, and charging a more affordable 18 quid to watch games. But for me that was never the plan when they shelled out billions for Prem football. The plan was that more people would pay more money to watch the best league in the world, and the best players and managers in the game. But they're having to resort to plan b, and make their product more affordable.

It's a perfect storm as well as less people are going to games because attendances are also down (games are too expensive as well), less people are interested and less people are playing the game. Like I said for almost a decade football has operated as if there was no great financial crash in 2008 and that wages haven't stagnated since the 70/80s. But now it's time they fucking wised up
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Here's what happened, Keyes and Gray launched sky sports, sky was becoming more and more popular, do the fuckin Bartman was on MTV, that's right MUSIC TELEVISION DUN DUN DUNNNN.

Then became the Simpsons, then sky had Sky Movies then went here this is a gift all this shite, we'll launch the movie channel so now there's TWO movie channels, put the cost up a bit. Wait the Prem would let us show MORE matches??? Fuck get graham Taylor to do it at a later kick off and call it Prem Plus and charge a fiver or else a higher annual subscription. Fuck cable companies, they still have to buy SKY sports then punt it on, oh shit, Setanta have out bid us for that plus bit, who cares we'll just charge for Setanta as an extra channel.

Oh shit Espn have nabbed Setantas shit and Virgin are giving it away free, fuck em then we'll fuck about for three years and not give them HD,

Right sure it's only us and itv showing champos league and we are raking it in anyway, let's give Virgin HD but charge more but look at all these fuckin dramas coming from America, we'll launch Sky Atlantic and not sell it to Virgin, haha, cunts!

Oh fuck BT have bought up a load of sport, ah well, we'll not charge the old espn charge and if people really want to watch BT sport then they'll have to buy it from BT who'll have to charge a big wedge or entice customers away but sure we get first pick of the football and still have bought even more Prem Games.

Fuck, this aul streaming is becoming a lot easier for cunts with laptops which have hdmi connections and eBay selling vgr to hdmi leads for £0.99 from China but it'll be ok.

And finally, drummmm rollllll, oh fuck BT have bought up champions league rights and even though we were happy letting channel five and itv 3 and/or bbc4 have them, Liverpool cunts will still want to watch that shite euro vase but it'll be ok.

Oh shit, actually BT now have all European sport and showing Chinese and MLS at 3am isn't working, Jeff and the boys are getting good ratings but ah shit, we changed ssn to pay only so freeview and non sport people cant at least see that so our advertising revenue can stay at a decent level.

Shit launch a new box and charge more, is there no new hd or anything? What?? BT are giving it away free and they've created an original channel?? Hold on, call waiting, hello?

Calm down, calm down, right start again, yeah, uh huh, crystal meth, got it, thinks he's dying, power corrupts? We know! we are sky ffs!! Of course it corrupts!!!

Go on, hurry up, finish your point, is that the gay cowboy one, sure we have it already don't we, oh sorry, breaking, I thought you said brokeback, wait, why are you crying?

Shit Ruperts ringing my personal phone, what do you mean, you never thought you'd use it on yourself, only rabbits, what's that click, fuck me did your boiler blow up mate, that was some bang......hello.....hello????

Hello Rupert, sorry, bad timing boss, I'll call you straight back, the head of revenue streams had some of incident at his home and I need to find out what a Netflix is before we all die, lol yeah, like the walking dead, that's what I said, phone you back in 5 Mr Murdoch.

Hmmm, something not right about all of this, I'll ask Jeeves, better yet, I'll use this google chrome thing the kids are on about.

Reads, reads, reads, reads, buzzes Secretary, Angela? Yes Mr head of Sky UK? Fetch my spare noose from my squash bag please......
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Lol Zebs you need your own blog

In other news Amazon outbidded Sky for all the major tennis tournos except the slams

Amazon getting in on sport