Mata

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

It's early days but Mata looks lost at times

The pitch seems massive to him, he doesn't have as many options on the ball and he is under pressure to make something happen

I don't trust Moyes to sort it out either given that he has never seen the like before

But yeah, keep an eye on it, see if we can use him properly, in one-twos, around the edge of the area - or whether he'll continue to be a bit lost
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:It's early days but Mata looks lost at times

The pitch seems massive to him, he doesn't have as many options on the ball and he is under pressure to make something happen

I don't trust Moyes to sort it out either given that he has never seen the like before

But yeah, keep an eye on it, see if we can use him properly, in one-twos, around the edge of the area - or whether he'll continue to be a bit lost
You know that's similar to what's happened to Kagawa....
Obviously Kagawa isn't as good as mata but similar type of player.

Our old school 442 doesn't suit these type of players...and I don't trust Moyes and Neville to organise a fluid 4231

£60M+ spent and still the shitest CMF in the top 8 in the PL..
What use is an awesome front 4 players if they havnt got the base to work from??

Even if Moyes has bigger players in mind for the Summer, it would have made all kinds of sense to buy a stop-gap in CMF to make te push for the Top 4...now we're going to struggle.

Mata is a great player but I've a feeling it's going to end in failure....out of top 4 and he'll leave on a buy out clause after the World Cup.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

So, it looks like Mata will get Januzaj's game time rather than Young or Valencia's. Probably won't see Kagawa at all now.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Mata has 3 assists in 3 games for the club apparently. Not bad.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Mata, RVP, Rooney, Vidic etc are great players. You can't just become shit or average overnight. No one expected DM to emulate what SAF did or even get one trophy but the results and performances have been so dire that the manager has to take the blame. Is it a question of wrong tactics, poor man management and leadership, coaching staff, the players just not up to it...who knows. It doesn't matter because DM us clearly out of his depth and we all know it now.

Say adios in the summer and get Klopp and rebuild this team.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

That's just beautiful to look at. Kind of like the Zidane movie only shorter and makes the same point. B-)
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:

That's just beautiful to look at. Kind of like the Zidane movie only shorter and makes the same point. B-)
Any body here ever manage to watch all that movie? Three times i've tried and three times i fell asleep. The last time a mate said i had to watch it all and he fell asleep to.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

I think he's the best technical player we've ever had, since I started watching deffo

Better than Scholes