I don't give a f88K about the Europa League

Manchester United chat
Mumford
First Teamer

2 years ago

Through all my trials and tribulations this season I can honestly say that I have not watched a single Europa League game live, to be honest it's a trophy we shouldn't be involved in, and to use it as a back door to get into the ECL is fucking wank, what pleasure can anyone have in getting into something called the champions league when you finish lower than first, it's bollocks.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

fair cop mind, thanks to uropa you can get into the champo without even being in the prem tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

But tbf how is 4th in the PL better than actually winning a trophy the EL?

Remember The days of Hughsie cutting in the winner in the Cup Winners Cup?!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Mumford wrote:Through all my trials and tribulations this season I can honestly say that I have not watched a single Europa League game live, to be honest it's a trophy we shouldn't be involved in, and to use it as a back door to get into the ECL is fucking wank, what pleasure can anyone have in getting into something called the champions league when you finish lower than first, it's bollocks.
Oh, you and Grunt are going to get on, just fine......
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh
Legend

2 years ago

Even if we win the Europa League, it's been a shit season. A total letdown based on expectations pre-season. The domestic league is the bread and better, and we're going to finish in sixth.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

sheesh wrote:Even if we win the Europa League, it's been a shit season. A total letdown based on expectations pre-season. The domestic league is the bread and better, and we're going to finish in sixth.
Yea....4th and an early EL exit would have been better :-?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
sheesh
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
sheesh wrote:Even if we win the Europa League, it's been a shit season. A total letdown based on expectations pre-season. The domestic league is the bread and better, and we're going to finish in sixth.
Yea....4th and an early EL exit would have been better :-?
What an odd post.

We haven't even come close to challenging for the league and there has been very little improvement in the quality of football. United fans had high expectations going into this season. If finishing sixth is acceptable to you, fair enough. It isn't for me, nor is it for a lot of United fans. We may still end up getting embarrassed by Ajax (as we very nearly were by Celta Vigo)...then what will you say?

Now, we may well end up getting into the Champions League by virtue by of the Europa League, but look what good that did for Van Gaal in his second season.

As I said in my previous post, the league is the bread and butter, and is a much better measure of where this club is at.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

I feel we should start a new thread to chart Snoops descent into madness.

His delusion told us losing against Tottenham was like winning. And now he rates the Europa as more important than the league. Funny because he just took the piss out of Gaal when we dropped into the Europa last season.

Sheesh is right, a top 4 finish reflects better on where we are as a club than winning a cup competition where we played a 12th place La Liga team in the semis. A 6th placed team shouldn't be in the Champions League, it's a piss take.
Mumford
First Teamer

2 years ago

Personally I don't give a shit about how many cups we win, unless we beat the scouse in the final, what's most important to me is finishing above those cunts down the East Lancs Road, and finishing above the Berties, anything else is a fucking bonus!
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Somewhere in sadland,arf 8 next weds.

Man walking past Sad and dog,wearing headphones ( the bloke not the dog)

Sad gesturing like an Italian ' have you got the match on '

Bloke ' yeah ,it sounds like a cracker,shouldnt you be watching with all that shit on'

Sad 'cant be arsed gotta take poody for walkies,i,ll be on the bestistest Utd supporter forums later though'

Bloke walks off ignoring speech bubble .......' full kit wanker'

Sad wandering off ' glory glory man uniiiited'