final

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:The sheer relief on Mou's face.

We'll challenge next season. No doubt.
Well, we'll see about that...

We'll need to sign some top players, and play a lot better... but don't doubt for a second that City, Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool will all be better next year as well...

We're chasing...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Those teams you mention wilL NOT be happy we got CL football
We are a proper threat next season
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

We'll need to sign some top players, and play a lot better... but don't doubt for a second that City, Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool will all be better next year as well...

We're chasing...
If we could get a similar run next season with added quality and players who take chances we'll definitely be top 2-3.

Hats off to Fellani too, fair John's he played class tonight!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

We're chasing...
Aye for the money Mourinho's spent, the squad he has, the money the club has Jose had to make us one of the top 4 clubs in the country so we could build from there to challenge for the title next season. But now we have to start further back in 6th, 20 odd points from the top. And like you said our rivals will improve as well.

CL football lets us compete for top players now, but we still have to compete with City, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid for them

All today means is that we're not out of the running, we've just managed to throw our hat into the ring, last minute
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Just need Liverpool to fuck up qualifying against Linfield then it'll be hilarious
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Davel
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Just need Liverpool to fuck up qualifying against Linfield then it'll be hilarious

NASTY
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

We're chasing...
If we could get a similar run next season with added quality and players who take chances we'll definitely be top 2-3.

Hats off to Fellani too, fair John's he played class tonight!
It's not the first game where I've felt I needed to concede he was one of the best on the pitch. I don't want to have to concede that but, ultimately, even though he is such a limited, one-dimensional player, you can't argue with his qualities when the manager drops him in exactly the right place to do exactly the right thing in his one-dimensional way. it's a credit to both him and mourinho that he's been able to excel at being so limited.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

We're chasing...
Aye for the money Mourinho's spent, the squad he has, the money the club has Jose had to make us one of the top 4 clubs in the country so we could build from there to challenge for the title next season. But now we have to start further back in 6th, 20 odd points from the top. And like you said our rivals will improve as well.

CL football lets us compete for top players now, but we still have to compete with City, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid for them

All today means is that we're not out of the running, we've just managed to throw our hat into the ring, last minute
Hahaha ffs Sid

So we start from 6th next season instead of 4th

You're clutching at straws to slag Jose now lol
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Harry my dear fellow, you've a bit of cheek to a waltz back in when things have kind of started going your way mate.

I'll say this for Jose, after analysing Ajax I thought they'd cause us problems, but that was a tactical master class, that bout Traore is dynamite but their front 3 plays attacking mids seem to do an LVG more than a Cruyff, they were like Rashford, beat as many players as you can going straight ahead then try and find one white shirt among 5/6 blue ones.

Fellani was given a task and he was impeccable.

Rashford was shite, unless you're giving him shorter balls or balls to feet, he hasn't the control yet to use his pace, he wastes a few seconds before he's in control and ready to bomb forward.

Thought Smalling might have been picked because when they were attacking, Smalling and Fellani were back which might also have made sure they keep to their natural instincts of not getting it out wide, even when there was acres of space because we'd clear it.

Herrera, thankless task but was always harassing them.

Mickey T had some poor spells but his goal shows you what he can do, there's not many players clever or skilful enough to try something like that in our squad, maybe Zlatan, maybe Mata. Game changers.

I was delighted to see the pressure valve being released on Jose, at the end that's what you want to see. If he can shore up that defence, surely Fosu and Tuanzabe can move up into proper squad players now.

I'll tell you what though, that cb Sanchez isn't half it, look at the size of that cunt and he can out sprint Rashford and Lingard, which, setting your footballing judgement to one side, are lean and fuckin speed machines. Cheeky punt on him woukdnt go amiss, and if Traore could play left which is what we need, I'd have a go at him as well.

Shows you though that when he really strategises, he can defeat teams, e.g. Chelsea and last night, if he can't do that 65 games a season, then improve the midfield and if he doesn't coach attackers, a left sided threat and someone who can hold the ball up is a must because that's not Rashfords game, I've no problem with Rashford coming on after an hour when teams are flagging or playing ahead of someone clever enough to play to his strengths like Mata or Mickey T

But aye straight into group stages, just hope City and Liverpool fuck up their qualifiers!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Anantax
Legend

3 years ago

Final wasnt a classic. But season now must be considered a success

Getting into the CL gives us the revenues, and the credibility, to recruit top players, which is the one thing that really matters right now - I would argue even more so besides winning trophies. Lets not kid ourselves but Man Utd is in a middle of a rebuild, we need 3-4 players at least if not more - we need to replace Zlatan and Carrick, we need to upgrade CB, LB. And I would really love it if we can grt an upgrade over Fellaini!

The fact that we won a European major final that gives us entry to champions League during this rebuild is a cherry on top. Tin pot it may be, but IMHO better than finishing 4th!

Anyways, well done to Mou, and hope he and Woodward gets their act together this off season!

PS: have been away from rant for a while, good to see it hasnt changed all that much!