Scholes or Gerrard?

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Megalolz
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Bit of a daft argument really... I'd always pick Scholes, but they were in fact two very different type of player...

It's like comparing Ruud to Henry, or Rio to Vidic...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Henry and Rio.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Scholes was a fantastic player with equally brilliant teamates,Gerrard wad a fantastic player with a shed load of average players.
Scholes may indeed be the purist favourite but for me Gerrard woukd be the first name on the teamsheet of any side i would pick.
Anyway Bobby Charlton was the pair of them wrapped up in one.
just1n
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Scholes was a fantastic player with equally brilliant teamates,Gerrard wad a fantastic player with a shed load of average players.
Scholes may indeed be the purist favourite but for me Gerrard woukd be the first name on the teamsheet of any side i would pick.
Horseshit. Shop making excuses for that self promoting cunt.
He had a spine of Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Hyppia, and Reina and still won fuck all. Not fit to lace Keane or Viera's boots.
This obsession with Roy of the Rovers type midfielders is what has kept the English team back for years.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

just1n wrote:
pint vulger wrote:Scholes was a fantastic player with equally brilliant teamates,Gerrard wad a fantastic player with a shed load of average players.
He had a spine of Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Hyppia, and Reina and still won fuck all. Not fit to lace Keane or Viera's boots.
This obsession with Roy of the Rovers type midfielders is what has kept the English team back for years.
Well I disagree if you dont mind ,imo he was better than both Keane and Viera ( both fantastic players ) but not fir to lace their boots I suggest youre way out ,but thats what the threads all about .
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Not fit to lace Viera and Keanes boots?!
That's not just giving your opinion this is it? That's ckearly nonsense
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:
just1n wrote:
Well I disagree if you dont mind ,imo he was better than both Keane and Viera ( both fantastic players ) but not fir to lace their boots I suggest youre way out ,but thats what the threads all about .
Why don't you just have the conversation with yourself instead of getting pissy with the eejits that at least give your nonsense time of day. Then to reprimand yourself at the end of your post??? Tit!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Dosdamt
Star Man

3 years ago

Scholes every time, because his ability to control games and score goals wins seasons. Gerrard's inconsistent bomb forward want to be the man will win games, but he'll slip or fuck up, lose the ball, lose his head - whatever - and you'll lose the season.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

just1n wrote:
Come on Justin... I agree with most of your post, but there is a definite lack of respect there for Gerrard, who was clearly a great player... it's only those with a hatred of Liverpool who seem to NOT rate Gerrard... every other fucker does, including most of the players and managers who've played against him... some of the arguments against giving him his due over the years, mostly from United fans are nothing short of ridiculous... our very own Bmans assessment of him is a classic example...

Whether you'd prefer Scholes, Lampard, Keane, or Vieira is one thing... to deny his quality is just petty...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."