Angel Gomes - The next Iniesta

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
pint vulger wrote:Top reds alert
Explain....?

I think it was me saying Swansea was the first, first team game I didn't get to see.

It was a stupid red cafe shite comment tbf.

We haven't had that top red shite in a few years.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He seems to be doing all the right things.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-12166797

Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Some class football
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Some class football
That's what I was thinking too, especially for that age group

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

On a side note, scares the fuck out of you doesn't it how much more confident/cocky/aware kids are these days, the night the City game was rained off, we were delayed to, the under 23s were playing Valencia I think it was, and it panned to the kids team up in the stand who'd all been brought to watch, the fashion hair styles and all on their I phones and sitting back all chilled and cocky with their feet up over the railings etc. If you think back even to the class of 92 who weren't even televised, when you finally started seeing them, they would have been 3-4 years older than this team yet they were still nowhere near as cock sure as our kids, nothing phases today's kids, can't work out if it's good or bad!
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:On a side note, scares the fuck out of you doesn't it how much more confident/cocky/aware kids are these days, the night the City game was rained off, we were delayed to, the under 23s were playing Valencia I think it was, and it panned to the kids team up in the stand who'd all been brought to watch, the fashion hair styles and all on their I phones and sitting back all chilled and cocky with their feet up over the railings etc. If you think back even to the class of 92 who weren't even televised, when you finally started seeing them, they would have been 3-4 years older than this team yet they were still nowhere near as cock sure as our kids, nothing phases today's kids, can't work out if it's good or bad!
Yea definately.
If you even watch that documentary Class of '92, it was very different how they had it compared to today. They had to clean boots etc. I wonder how many of them have to stay in digs like they did then. It's a different culture now...obv they have more money and with social media they're nearly becoming "big names" even before they make the reserves.
But tbh I'm more interested in the under 18's now than I ever was before...probably because our first team squad is a mess.

Sid
Legend

3 years ago

I think some of that if you showing your age, Redz. The stuff Giggs and that got up to shows you they were a bit cocky, a bit arrogant, that they were footballers and played for United. And of course they had a look, a fucking Boyzone like boy band look.

It is what it is. Players these days are softer, fact. Footballers and managers say there's a lot less aggression behind the scenes because we know now that posiive reinforcement works better with a lot of people. If you just abuse and bully a kid, he'll get a complex, cry and be shit or fuck off. But if you big em up, fill em with confidence, even if they're limited, they'll perform better.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:I think some of that if you showing your age, Redz. The stuff Giggs and that got up to shows you they were a bit cocky, a bit arrogant, that they were footballers and played for United. And of course they had a look, a fucking Boyzone like boy band look.

It is what it is. Players these days are softer, fact. Footballers and managers say there's a lot less aggression behind the scenes because we know now that posiive reinforcement works better with a lot of people. If you just abuse and bully a kid, he'll get a complex, cry and be shit or fuck off. But if you big em up, fill em with confidence, even if they're limited, they'll perform better.

Aye I agree, although that boy band and Giggs and Sharpe 'n all, they were definitely over 18, I'm talking about 14 year olds, like I say, I agree, I just don't know if it's good or bad, yeah it makes me feel older than I am lol
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He seems to be doing all the right things.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-12166797

Where's the crowd?

I'd love it if we had that to see around where I am... beats the fuck out of paying £20odd to watch the Dons suck wind...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

If they did what the reserves do and made a deal with a small local club, people would definitely go, the reserves have to play so many games a season at the senior ground so it's a pity the younger team don't even get anybody really, a ground round them would prepare them better surely than one pitch out of about 10 round them.