Angel Gomes - The next Iniesta

Manchester United chat
Davel
Legend

3 years ago

works hard, does what's asked of him, and given so many of your other ramblings, I'm just trying to work out if you are angry at the world or jealous at other people or have you really been going to watch United for what is it up to now? 30 years? 40 years? And a hard working squaddie who keeps his head down and was involved in, and I agree, probably down to LVGs possession game, but nevertheless, the best defensive partnership I believe in the league last year, is the WORST player you've ever seen.

(a) you and your vast footie knowledge are getting it wrong and have been since he arrived.
the defensive partnership (usually comprises of 2 centre backs and a left/right back)

Lvg played 6 at the back, that is why we conceded so few, also he had the wingers tracking back
that was 8, even rooney ran back that's 9 behind the ball but because of this we were toothless going forward.
I don't want to hear the word squaddie or utility player, this means its a player not good enough to command a starting spot. we are the biggest club in the land we are not an employment agency for aged/tired/children and mates sons but that's what we've become.

Btw Blind at the minute is a safer choice at lb than Shaw, I think Shaw will come good but at the minute, discipline and positional sense are the order of the day while we are shorn of first class cbs.

Blind up to 3 weeks ago was responsible for every goal we conceded when he played THATS EVERY GOAL,i`d rather jimmy Nichol played than him

And seeing as Carrick is getting on, yes, against a lesser team, I would like to see an alternative cb pairing in a 4 3 3 with Herrera and Pogba for example ahead of Blind, with Herrera providing the legs and Pogba the outlet, to see if Blinds passing and vision couldn't be better utilised in that role to bring the best out of better players e.g. Pogbas best games have come when Carrick has played because he knows where he wants the ball and can actually put it there for him.

If trying that is so ridiculous then well I bow to your superior knowledge, clearly you've managed or coached at a decent level, oh and by the way, saying LVG tried him there then moved him to cb proves the square route of fuck all because a) I believe LVG thought him and Smalling were the best reliable cb pairing we had, b) LVG played so many kids at lb, they needed an experienced player beside them, I would still like to see at some stage even Bailey/Smalling Fosu/Tuanzabe/Rojo with the three I discussed in the middle but I believe that's why LVG played him beside B Jackson/Blackett etc. and C) it's a new manager who has made other squad players better so I'd like to see him try that with Blind.

LVG played him because he is his mates son, and being a arrogant cunt he then played him in many positions to cover the fact he dropped another bolloc buying him. the minute he was switched midfield to left back Di Maria became the brunt of LVG`s wrath because he wouldn't come back and cover this goat, so he was hid in amongst 4 center backs and bothwick moved to leftback.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Get the fuck out of my Gomes thread!

Go start your own Blind one
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Megalolz
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He seems to be doing all the right things.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-12166797
He certainly is...and that's basically every week too
Think he's the captain, and only turned 16

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Whenever I watch his highlights he's boss, whenever I watch him live he's been shite recently lol, I missed the Swansea game and we won, maybe I should only watch motd
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Whenever I watch his highlights he's boss, whenever I watch him live he's been shite recently lol, I missed the Swansea game and we won, maybe I should only watch motd
?
They havnt played Swansea chum

redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Lol, the Swansea game was the first, first team game I've missed
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Top reds alert
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Top reds alert

Aren't you supposed to be spooning Davel? Look at the time of day man! #Brokebackrant

Cue :- See 20 years ago, I was at this game when........
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Top reds alert
Explain....?