Angel Gomes - The next Iniesta

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

You need to watch ALL the video...the passes etc start off quite basic then goes on to show better and better....a lot of it is Scholes-like
But I live how he ghosts past players
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Aye, Scholes like. He can play in midfield and be solid on the ball because his technique is so good. Nobody is going to take it off him. And he can play further forward in the hole between the lines and play people in, shoot etc. That's where he should play IMO. So he becomes a crucial, useful player.

But what he could become, if he's mistreated, is a fancy flair player who is shunted out to the left, does the odd trick, puts in a lot of crosses and scores the odd goal. Fuck that, if he's good enough he should have a massive role for the club like Scholes did.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Aye, Scholes like. He can play in midfield and be solid on the ball because his technique is so good. Nobody is going to take it off him. And he can play further forward in the hole between the lines and play people in, shoot etc. That's where he should play IMO. So he becomes a crucial, useful player.

But what he could become, if he's mistreated, is a fancy flair player who is shunted out to the left, does the odd trick, puts in a lot of crosses and scores the odd goal. Fuck that, if he's good enough he should have a massive role for the club like Scholes did.
By bye sounds of it he's a proper grounded kid...with a good work ethic and right attitude...
Growing up in a football family has aporantlyapparantly helped him ...his family are supportive and seen it all before.
He's definately not that one trick pony or the one who just wants to do flicks...he wants to be involved all the time..
Yea he could play anywhere from MF to forward line but I'd love to see him in a MF 3 alongside Pogba with Fosu behind them...

I'll have to check up on Pereira...hopefully he has the ability to come back and take up a forward position....

Lots of reasons to be excited for the future...
I just hope we get back near the top so we can bed these players in from a position of strength

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

I still think Fosu will end up at cb mate but I'll not complain if he does turn into a decent dmf because they are hard to come by. What would Kante be worth now he's doing it in his second season and at a new club. That's one player I really wanted us to sign, I love Herrera but when Carricks your most creative and best all round defensive midfielder at 36 what does that tell you! If we could keep a few defenders fit then I wouldn't have minded seeing Blind play there again, doubt it will ever happen again but he's good on the ball and his odd fuck ups wouldn't be as disastourous!

The other thing is there's so much pressure on us at the minute, if we hadn't fucked up so much in the Europa, one or two dead rubbers at the end would have been a chance to see more of the kids. You'll maybe see one or two because we play West Ham twice in three days in the Prem and the cup so he'll not want to risk defenders especially so you'll maybe get a few there and maybe a few on the bench for the cup game
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Nani's blood...... :(
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davel
Legend

3 years ago

[quote="redzebs"] What would Kante be worth now he's doing it in his second season and at a new club. That's one player I really wanted us to sign, I love Herrera but when Carricks your most creative and best all round defensive midfielder at 36 what does that tell you! If we could keep a few defenders fit then I wouldn't have minded seeing Blind play there again, doubt it will ever happen again but he's good on the ball and his odd fuck ups wouldn't be as disastourous!
on blind are you serious or just winding peeps up
hes been tried in df midfield when he first arrived, what a disaster . he may have the ability to pass a half decent ball (given time) but the prem doesn`t allow time for midfielders to settle, and he got caught every time he had possession . FAR TOO SLOW. we need to try him in court for false representation (claiming to be a footballer).
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Everyone else says he's meh, only you say he's shite
Davel
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Everyone else says he's meh, only you say he's shite
well every1 I know in the real world all say hes a dog (with fleas) absolute shite.
a real bad version of bebe. we would be top of the table right now if we played with 10 men
and killed him. as I stated the only place hes not been tried is in court, ive seen dead people faster,
Lets look more carefully at his career here.
so your saying he`s bad at center back (his fuckups your words not mine)
He cant live with a winger with pace if he plays left back so hes fucked there
and pan head gave him a defensive mid position on his arrival after 5 starts he never played there again , he was raped. so he need to get a place elsewhere, like Mongolia.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Davel- maybe you shud start a Blind thread and keep it out of this one!

redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Davel wrote:
redzebs wrote:Everyone else says he's meh, only you say he's shite
well every1 I know in the real world all say hes a dog (with fleas) absolute shite.
a real bad version of bebe. we would be top of the table right now if we played with 10 men
and killed him. as I stated the only place hes not been tried is in court, ive seen dead people faster,
Lets look more carefully at his career here.
so your saying he`s bad at center back (his fuckups your words not mine)
He cant live with a winger with pace if he plays left back so hes fucked there
and pan head gave him a defensive mid position on his arrival after 5 starts he never played there again , he was raped. so he need to get a place elsewhere, like Mongolia.

To call someone a man with fleas, he should be tried in court, real life,

Do you talk to people in real life like that?

Just curious, because you can see why Rojo, who we have had issues with, or Rooney, because some people can't forgive him because of the contract etc. or because he can't do what he used to which is drag us over the line when we were playing shite, might draw so much ire, but a player like Blind, or an Evans, or a Fletcher, usually get the gallows humour and a nickname after a while, but most people don't have an absolute hatred for someone who keeps his head down, works hard, does what's asked of him, and given so many of your other ramblings, I'm just trying to work out if you are angry at the world or jealous at other people or have you really been going to watch United for what is it up to now? 30 years? 40 years? And a hard working squaddie who keeps his head down and was involved in, and I agree, probably down to LVGs possession game, but nevertheless, the best defensive partnership I believe in the league last year, is the WORST player you've ever seen.

I know, well we all hope, English isn't your first language, but I just can't figure you out.......

Btw Blind at the minute is a safer choice at lb than Shaw, I think Shaw will come good but at the minute, discipline and positional sense are the order of the day while we are shorn of first class cbs.

And seeing as Carrick is getting on, yes, against a lesser team, I would like to see an alternative cb pairing in a 4 3 3 with Herrera and Pogba for example ahead of Blind, with Herrera providing the legs and Pogba the outlet, to see if Blinds passing and vision couldn't be better utilised in that role to bring the best out of better players e.g. Pogbas best games have come when Carrick has played because he knows where he wants the ball and can actually put it there for him.

If trying that is so ridiculous then well I bow to your superior knowledge, clearly you've managed or coached at a decent level, oh and by the way, saying LVG tried him there then moved him to cb proves the square route of fuck all because a) I believe LVG thought him and Smalling were the best reliable cb pairing we had, b) LVG played so many kids at lb, they needed an experienced player beside them, I would still like to see at some stage even Bailey/Smalling Fosu/Tuanzabe/Rojo with the three I discussed in the middle but I believe that's why LVG played him beside B Jackson/Blackett etc. and C) it's a new manager who has made other squad players better so I'd like to see him try that with Blind.

Oh yeah, as well, you're a tool. Have a nice weekend!