Angel Gomes - The next Iniesta

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Only time will tell Loch...seems a bit premature to write him off already.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lakendary
First Teamer

1 year ago

So that's a no. No United academy made it big. What would make this one different?

And United is starting to go through that phase where the board only care about the results and the money. Fans are also starting to lose patience with the young players. I mean look at the treatment Martial is getting. If you are an academy lad, you probably have zero hope of making it big.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

With motivational speeches like that they should put you in charge of the youth team
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

I’m no expert on this Loch, but didn’t Pogba, O’Shea, Wes Brown, Evans and Fletcher come through the academy?
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

...anyway, I’m off on holiday.
See you all later!
:ymparty:
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Looks like this cunt has a future now
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Or not. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Upset Angel Gomes By Saying He Was Too Small http://www.sportbible.com/football/tran ... l-20190514

Really old school thinking from Ole when you consider these days the best players in the world are small (Salah, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi). You don't need to be a shithouse to play in midfield in the Prem either, as David Silva proves every week. Or to play as a forward like Salah, Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo etc.
fat maradona
First Teamer

3 months ago

Depends on how much of that is true. I reckon it's just bullshit.

Recently, Zidane was reported to have said something along the lines of 'if I could have made a 4th substitution, I still wouldn't have brought Bale on'. Made all the tabloids and Skysports etc. Turns out he hadn't said anything like that and it was made up by some hack.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Depends on how much of that is true. I reckon it's just bullshit.

Recently, Zidane was reported to have said something along the lines of 'if I could have made a 4th substitution, I still wouldn't have brought Bale on'. Made all the tabloids and Skysports etc. Turns out he hadn't said anything like that and it was made up by some hack.
Wasn't so much made up as badly translated. He'd essentially said it wouldn't have made any difference to the result if he'd been able to make a 4th sub.

Anyway, I agree this is likely just bullshit
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Or not. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Upset Angel Gomes By Saying He Was Too Small http://www.sportbible.com/football/tran ... l-20190514

Really old school thinking from Ole when you consider these days the best players in the world are small (Salah, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi). You don't need to be a shithouse to play in midfield in the Prem either, as David Silva proves every week. Or to play as a forward like Salah, Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo etc.
If the above re Gomes is true, doesn't look like Daniel James is much bigger