Angel Gomes - The next Iniesta

Manchester United chat
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11409
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Reports in loads of papers today about hin, only just turning from 15-16 and players trying to kick lumps out of him and him just bouncing up like Georgie used to, he's more of a Silva than a 10 or a wide player but he attempted a Cruyff turn in a game and it took four players on him to stop him, three older Boro players were mesmerised mentally so he took out 7 players and set up a goal, it was 1-1 after 50 minutes until he got on the ball and we won 5-1. Scored a corker for England too
I don't believe you...

Well suck it and see
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Nope!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

This is a good review of our current youth teams....
From about 5 mins on he's talking about Angel Gomes and his conversation with Paddy Crerand

Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

So looks like Barca are sniffing around Angel Gomes....
He's just turned 16 and has 2 years left on his contract.
We really need to treat this kid right and make sure we have a plan for him...he can't be in a position where he's not going to get a chance with us and Barca offers him game-time etc...
He's going to be one of the best players in the world in maybe 5/6 years if he's given a chance... Hopefully we've learnt our lesson from the Pogba situation...
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23643
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Definitely. Mourinho needs to build a relationship with him asap, say he has a big role at the club in the future, otherwise he's liable to fuck off to Barca where he'll definitely play if he's as good as people say he is

Mourinho's record with academy player is obviously fucking shite as well, so he needs to address it with this kid and put his fears to rest
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Definitely. Mourinho needs to build a relationship with him asap, say he has a big role at the club in the future, otherwise he's liable to fuck off to Barca where he'll definitely play if he's as good as people say he is

Mourinho's record with academy player is obviously fucking shite as well, so he needs to address it with this kid and put his fears to rest
It's a big test for us ...and for Jose....

The kid really is the real deal....Barca will also obviously see him as potentially the new Iniesta etc in a few years...and Messi isn't getting any younger...I can see them really pushing the boat out to get him...

I'd like to see him get a chance in the U23's anytime now...see how he gets on against those 6/7 years older than him rather than those just 2 years older...

He very light, not much to him at all, shouldn't really be a problem in the long run but wouldn't be good if he got a bad injury
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:So looks like Barca are sniffing around Angel Gomes....
He's just turned 16 and has 2 years left on his contract.
We really need to treat this kid right and make sure we have a plan for him...he can't be in a position where he's not going to get a chance with us and Barca offers him game-time etc...
He's going to be one of the best players in the world in maybe 5/6 years if he's given a chance... Hopefully we've learnt our lesson from the Pogba situation...
Look at the state of United right now... if Barcelona are interested, they'll have a bird in his ear, and he won't sign another contract with us... why would he?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
pint vulger
Legend
Posts: 2043
Joined: 3 years ago

3 years ago

If hes as good as you say ,he would walk into the team .
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:If hes as good as you say ,he would walk into the team .
I think he could easily, he's already more talented than most we have...but he's just turned 16 and is very slight...he needs some games for the U23's to get used to playing against older stronger players...and then into the EL squad....

I honestly can't wait to see him in the first team....as long as we don't fuck him around like Pogba
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5621
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
pint vulger wrote:If hes as good as you say ,he would walk into the team .
I think he could easily, he's already more talented than most we have...but he's just turned 16 and is very slight...he needs some games for the U23's to get used to playing against older stronger players...and then into the EL squad....

I honestly can't wait to see him in the first team....as long as we don't fuck him around like Pogba
I think throwing a 16 year old kid, however talented, into the mess of the first team we have right now would be a baptism by fire at best and the ruining of him at worst.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Post Reply