Manchester United chat
Davey-boy
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago
What a bunch of crap; just saying that you will not unsettle the team is actually unsettling the team.

It's also making it very clear that he can fuck with the team if he want.
It's time for him to show us why he's so much better than everyone else around him, back up that huge ego. It shouldn't be this constant debate about him if he's so good, but it's 3 years and we're still waiting for him to have a great game.
Going to be waiting at least another game I think....
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Pogba told RMC Sport: "I am always good when I play football. I am doing what I love, it's my job. I will give the maximum every time I will be on the pitch.

"Now, we know there have been things said. Time will tell. We remain still on this big question mark.

"I am at Manchester. I am having fun with my team-mates. I want to always win the matches. I will always give everything when I am on the pitch."
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/11/paul-pog ... -10554682/

"I will always give everything when I am on the pitch." Who is buying this bullshit?????????
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

If we're going to keep Pogba for one more season then Ed & Ole better get their shit together and start looking for suitable replacements now. It can't be another reactionary deal for whoever's available next summer or whatever big name comes up. It needs properly scouting. It might even require rethinking the midfield entirely now Fellaini and Herrera have gone as well. Gonna be a massive job.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Anyway... The problem with the midfield is Darren Fletcher would walk into this team no problem. That's pretty bad.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

I don’t think it would be possible to replace Pogba like-for-like, just about anyone will come up short by comparison. We will need to change the role and expectation we have for our midfielders, we could maybe get a couple of tough hard nose defenders to free up a box-to-box playmaker but heaven knows we have a difficult time signing a single play in a position so an entire midfield would take us years.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago
I don’t think it would be possible to replace Pogba like-for-like, just about anyone will come up short by comparison. We will need to change the role and expectation we have for our midfielders, we could maybe get a couple of tough hard nose defenders to free up a box-to-box playmaker but heaven knows we have a difficult time signing a single play in a position so an entire midfield would take us years.
I hope we get the chance to see how we'll do without him. I don't understand how you think others would come up short by comparison. It makes it sound like he's great at everything the best in the world....... I mean where's his best position? Marlon says it's left MF in a three, my counter is surely a great MF player can play well all over Mf that they can shift position many times during any game.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
If we're going to keep Pogba for one more season then Ed & Ole better get their shit together and start looking for suitable replacements now. It can't be another reactionary deal for whoever's available next summer or whatever big name comes up. It needs properly scouting. It might even require rethinking the midfield entirely now Fellaini and Herrera have gone as well. Gonna be a massive job.
The dumbest thing was they put the line out we were only going for Savic or Fernandes if Pogba left, but he’s leaving next year anyway. Look how long city gave Silva to replace Silva. But yeah, we just need a whole new midfield now.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

1 month ago

When Pogba put his mind to it, and want to, he can be the midfielder in football, while other are still looking for where their pass should go, he is already in the process of getting the ball to the open player. He has all the attributes needed by a modern-day midfielder, he is fast and strong and has all types of energy and stamina, his vision for the game is second to none. I think he functions best on the left side of midfield in a 4-3-3, but when the mood suits him, he can control a tournament or game from just about anywhere in midfield. The problem is that when his head isn’t in the game, he becomes worse than a passenger and for the life of me I cannot figure out what changes him.

I don’t remember the last time we purchased a player before the position became available, think of Scholes and Giggs and Beckham and CR7 and … even when we know that a player has only has a couple of good years left we still start them week after week until they have nothing left to give and then we look for a replacement and wonder why we get held over a barrel taking a stiff one when it comes to purchasing players.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

We really should have bought Eriksen but idk if he didn't want to come or Ole didn't want him. I only heard rumours.