Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that any criticism of Pogba by anyone here was racial. but there's something odd about the intense anger of people like the "supporter" abusing him in that video.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that any criticism of Pogba by anyone here was racial. but there's something odd about the intense anger of people like the "supporter" abusing him in that video.
Yeah definitely no one here is racist toward Pog. But some United fans definitely are. It's rampant in society right now and Pog is copping some flak because of it. He gets more abuse than anyone else - more than Sanchez who is also supposedly world class, who earns more than Pog, but has done absolutely fuck all compared to Pog who stats wise has had a decent season all things considered (dinosaur football, new manager etc)
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
A lot of what those lads are saying is obviously right. A lot of the criticism of Pogba seems just bizarre to me. He's so obviously much better than all the players around him and some people still mostly complain about him. Why? Because he's "lazy", he's "flashy". Some of it definitely sounds a bit racial tbh, at least sometimes. World cup winner for fuck's sake in a mid table team.

I can get being annoyed that Pogba's not winning every match for us, but that's desperation, people need to see where the real problem is. Pogba will leave, Ole will buy a bunch of hard working average players, Wolves will pass us in the table, and reality will sink in.
I haven't watched the video and I don't condone abusing anyone like this, regardless of how bad they are.
But he deserves a lot of criticism. He's been mediocre on most days with the flashy period during Ole's bounce.
We've been too soft on our players as fans. In fact we should be also criticising the other players a lot more.
Pogba isn't getting off lightly (and rightly so) from our fans, but the others are. Lingard, Martial, fucking MATA and Herrera, Smalling, Young, Sanchez, Lukaku etc are getting away with way too little.
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

"A poll conducted by Spanish outlet AS, which attracted 160,000 votes, asked supporters to choose between six players who have been linked with a move to the club.Chelsea’s Eden Hazard finished top of the pile with 53,700 votes, ahead of Eintracht Frankfurt forward Luka Jovic - who is widely reported to have already secured a move to Real Madrid.

25,300 supporters were keen to sign Christian Eriksen from Tottenham Hotspur, while Paris Saint-Germain’s Neymar attracted 16,900 responses - 500 more than Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.

Pogba, meanwhile, was at the bottom of the pile with less than 10 per cent of the votes, a total of just 13,800, which shows that the supporters do not want the 26-year-old to arrive from the Premier League this summer."

I was hoping they'd sign him and surround him with genuine WC talent so we could see how great he could be ......... but now we'll probably be stuck with him and he won't be able to show his class for another few years because we only have dross around him...... aaahh well!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
A lot of what those lads are saying is obviously right. A lot of the criticism of Pogba seems just bizarre to me. He's so obviously much better than all the players around him and some people still mostly complain about him. Why? Because he's "lazy", he's "flashy". Some of it definitely sounds a bit racial tbh, at least sometimes. World cup winner for fuck's sake in a mid table team.

I can get being annoyed that Pogba's not winning every match for us, but that's desperation, people need to see where the real problem is. Pogba will leave, Ole will buy a bunch of hard working average players, Wolves will pass us in the table, and reality will sink in.
What happens when your talking to someone who said all this stuff about Pogba 'before' we resigned him, when he was playing for Juve?

Btw, who said they were annoyed about Pogba not winning every match for us? And how can you get that? Seems like idiocy to me.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Dortmund seem to be getting their deals sorted quickly. Snapped up Brandt and the younger Hazard. Plus Schulz.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

£88 mill for Hazard three years after we paid the same for Pogba. Hands up, who'd have rather had Hazard playing for us for the last three years? What price does Pogba go for now???? I mean who's going to pay more for Pogba than Hazard?
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

What’s amazing is that Hazard only has a year left on his contract. So a year of him is worth 88M to Real...
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
What’s amazing is that Hazard only has a year left on his contract. So a year of him is worth 88M to Real...
He's a real Starman, that's why.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

It'll be interesting to see if the Real fans will take to Hazard. He doesn't score that many goals. I mean he was at best as good as Bale was in the Premier league. Iirc bale was better and more consistent.