i back this lot

Manchester United chat
User avatar
RobDiablo
Legend
Posts: 1153
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:Evra's not dross either, he's been pretty good for us over a long period of time... but can Baines defend much better?
Two quality CMs and Evra's sorted. The shit midfield is why Moyes is playing Valencia on the right and anyone but Rafa at right back; if he didn't need Evans to spell Rio or Vidic, Moyes'd probably start him at left back against the better sides.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

FFS we gave Nani a new 5-yr contract so do we really have any faith in the new management to get things right in Jan. or next summer? We need to clean house but it'll never happen. And if we can't spend money to get top players, then at least bring back the likes of Lingard, Powell and Henriquez and ship out the dross to make room for them. If we're "in transition" then may as well give our young players a chance.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15881
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

lars072 wrote:FFS we gave Nani a new 5-yr contract so do we really have any faith in the new management to get things right in Jan. or next summer? We need to clean house but it'll never happen. And if we can't spend money to get top players, then at least bring back the likes of Lingard, Powell and Henriquez and ship out the dross to make room for them. If we're "in transition" then may as well give our young players a chance.

Fair point. But he needed to see what the players he had could't do
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2895
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

I'd definitely like to see Powell and Lingaard given a proper chance. These youngsters need to be playing to see if they can really make it- as far as I'm concerned if we're playing Powell, januzaj, Lingaard, jones, Rafa, DDG, Zaha, etc regularly, then I'd be a whole lot more excited as a fan.
sheesh

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: smalling
welbeck
fabio
nani
giggs
evans
look at all that fucking dross
Smalling - Needs to stop being played at right back, he's a good player but United fans need to stop wanking themselves silly and making him out to be the next Baresi every time he plays well.
Welbeck is fucking shit FFS. Utter dog turd in front of goal. Ooh but he's English ffs. Being a nice guy doesn't stop him being shit.
Fabio - agree
Nani - Hit and miss player who stands out because he's technically very good/exciting to watch and we don't have anyone better who can perform week in and week out
Giggs - Comes on as a sub nowadays but ends up being the worst at giving the ball away
Evans - Another massively overrated British player we have in our squad, overrated because he's come from our youth system, he's decent but people go overboard with him.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15881
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

sheesh wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: smalling
welbeck
fabio
nani
giggs
evans
look at all that fucking dross
Smalling - Needs to stop being played at right back, he's a good player but United fans need to stop wanking themselves silly and making him out to be the next Baresi every time he plays well.
Welbeck is fucking shit FFS. Utter dog turd in front of goal. Ooh but he's English ffs. Being a nice guy doesn't stop him being shit.
Fabio - agree
Nani - Hit and miss player who stands out because he's technically very good/exciting to watch and we don't have anyone better who can perform week in and week out
Giggs - Comes on as a sub nowadays but ends up being the worst at giving the ball away
Evans - Another massively overrated British player we have in our squad, overrated because he's come from our youth system, he's decent but people go overboard with him.

Oh no it's worse than we thought.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5157
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

sheesh aint got a clue tbf, he was the biggest moyes backer on here
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:sheesh aint got a clue tbf, he was the biggest moyes backer on here
All I have ever said about Moyes was that he deserves time. I have never said that he was guaranteed to be a success at United. In fact, why don't you read why I said he needs time in that "Giving David Moyes Time" thread I started before you continue to talk out of your arse?

You were so busy bashing our manager in the summer that you ignored the fact that Woodward and the other suits were fucking up our transfers, going after players who publicly said that they didn't want to leave in the first place. Why did we do that, do you think? When will you understand that United not being able to attract the very best players has everything to do with us being owned by the Glazers? The squad is what it is today because of years of under-investment. You've only ever bashed the manager, regardless of whether he was either Fergie or Moyes, because you fail to accept this reality even though it is staring you in the face.

The one and only time you moaned about transfer business in the summer window was when we signed Fellaini because it conveniently fitted into your narrative that Moyes is a shit manager. In other words, the only time you moaned about a transfer fuck-up was when Moyes was directly culpable for it. He wanted Marouane, he was happy for us to spend that much money on him. Easy. Let's blame the manager. None of the other fuck-ups were directly attributable to the manager (e.g - repeated bids for Fabregas) so you kept quiet.

You think other managers would magically turn us into a better side overnight competing with the likes of Bayern Munich, forgetting that we have a squad overloaded with shite and also forgetting that, irrespective of whoever has the job, that man would have faced the same challenge as Moyes: needing time to ship out the crap and get some players in with whatever limited funds we have. Who was your suggestion as an alternative to Moyes? Martinez. If you think Martinez would have turned us into a Champions League/title-winning side overnight with our current squad, you are living in a fool's paradise.

Why is that, year after year, instead of crucifying the manager you have never asked yourself one question: why are we not spending big money on the best players? Why have you never asked, where is this 'transfer warchest' I keep reading about?

Our problems go beyond the manager. Wake up, for fuck's sake.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5157
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

underinvestment ignores the hundreds of millions wasted on berbatov andershite valenc nani hargreaves young bebe tosic fellaini

years of shite football with the above big money signings is nothing to do with the glazers, the football getting worse under moyes is nothing to do with the glazers

moyes wanting fabregas baines and fellaini and turning his nose up at thiago and every other midfielder out there because hes small time and cant see what isn't right in front of him is nothing to do with the glazers

him getting the job in the first place aint their fault, unless you blame them for letting taggart pick his own replacement

if its all the glazers fault why are you backing moyes at all in the first place, hes already given it the old the glazers are great theres loads of money available we can sign big if we want rhetoric
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:underinvestment ignores the hundreds of millions wasted on berbatov andershite valenc nani hargreaves young bebe tosic fellaini

years of shite football with the above big money signings is nothing to do with the glazers, the football getting worse under moyes is nothing to do with the glazers

moyes wanting fabregas baines and fellaini and turning his nose up at thiago and every other midfielder out there because hes small time and cant see what isn't right in front of him is nothing to do with the glazers

him getting the job in the first place aint their fault, unless you blame them for letting taggart pick his own replacement

if its all the glazers fault why are you backing moyes at all in the first place, hes already given it the old the glazers are great theres loads of money available we can sign big if we want rhetoric
Those players cost "hundreds of millions"? Jesus, your maths is even worse than mine. Joking aside, I've said in the past that whatever limited money we had (limited, of course, because of the Glazers) has often been wasted on shite players,so I can't argue against that. Out of those players, though. I'd only class Fellaini and Berbatov as big money signings - and you have to offset the money we spent on those players against the money we made in selling players. Tosic cost £5 million. We overpaid for him and Bebe but the amounts themselves are not "big money". We wasted money on unproven players. What else do you do when you can't afford proven quality? Neither Anderson nor Nani cost even £20 million. In the summer we bought those players, our net spend was less than £30 million.

This website will show you our net spend: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html

The players you mentioned didn't cost "hundreds of millions". Yes, we overspent on shite with limited funds but figures from that website tell their own story. We don't have the financial clout to sign the very best players. If Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea or City come in for a player, 9 times out of 10 we have no chance. RVP was an exception.

Thiago's father claimed that his son nearly joined us and we pursued him for "several weeks" (spot the Woodward dithering) before Bayern put in an 11th hour bid: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15057 ... ed?cc=5739

You claim that Moyes refused to sign any midfielder other than the most obvious targets (without having any evidence to back this up). Woodward was and still is our transfer strategist. He was the one who put in that ridiculous joint bid for Baines and Fellaini which was rejected and led to us over-paying for Fellaini on deadline day after the time for his release clause had passed. Don't get me started on that Herrera debacle. We couldn't even get Coentrao on loan ffs leaving it to the last minute. So, yes, our failures last summer are attributable to Woodward. Remind me who appointed him? It wasn't Moyes.

As for Moyes being appointed in the first place, first of all, you can't blame an ambitious Everton manager for accepting the United job. Second of all, how do you know what went on behind the scenes when the board were discussing Fergie's successor? How can you be so sure that Moyes was 100% Fergie's choice and that he wasn't given a sharp prod over who to go for? Just because Fergie told us what happened? How do you know that there wasn't a clear remit to choose someone who could work within a budget? On what other planet would a club minted with money and packed with history, pick Moyes who has no experience at the highest level over Klopp, Mourinho or any other top-level manager? Before Klopp last season, I would have wanted Jose to succeed Fergie but how long would he have kept quiet at having bugger all to spend?

As for why I feel that I am having to back Moyes, I started a thread on that so you can look in there for the main reasons. I don't consider him to be a Glazer supporter. I think he accepted the United job and is acquiescing in their running of the club. I think it was the same with Fergie, regardless of what he has said in public about them being "terrific owners".
Last edited by sheesh on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply